Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazsash View Post
    If my skill is capped, how will the spells I'm already using be affected by this change compared to before? How will this affect the use of skill+ gear?
    Blue magic already affected by your skill will not be changed by this adjustment.
    By increasing your blue magic skill beyond the cap using equipment, spells that were not affected by skill before will now have higher rates of success.
    The above is Kincard's translation (Thank you) from a JP dev response, which makes me less hopeful about the impact of blue skill on landing the additional effects. Emphasis mine.

The way I read it is that you have to slap on gear to exceed your blue skill cap in order to get any boost from this change. So if you already had a high m.acc set, there will be no change because you can add on alot more m.acc than you can blue skill.

We will know for certain in a few days.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Could be a mistake dev or mistranslation. Translating game terms is notoriously difficult. It also could just be a very specific response to that question. Since he was asking what if he was already capped what would that mean he got an answer of what would happen if he increased beyond the cap

Seems odd that they would mention some already get full benefit of skill and they would change the others to only get over the cap especially as that would be like no other spell, be harder to implement and as stated would effectively change absolutely nothing
    (0)

Greetings,

I’d like to answer some blue mage-related questions that we received.

The purpose of the adjustments being made to blue magic this time around is to standardize the determination of additional effects that are different for each blue magic spell.

Amongst the spells that have been released until now, there were some that had additional effect activation rates that were affected by blue magic skill, while other spells were not affected by this. However, in the February version update we’ll be making it so the additional effects for all blue magic spells will be affected by blue magic skill.

The blue magic spells that were already being affected by the blue magic skill won’t be affected by this current adjustment; therefore, there will be no change in the activation rate for these additional effects.

Blue magic spells which have been adjusted this time will have a higher additional effect rate now when you equip gear that pushes your skill value over the base skill cap.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Will probably still somewhat depend on which one and against what... but the ones that already work good unless they go back and ninja them will probably become much more accurate
    It won’t be determined just by blue magic skill. The spells that were previously only affected by magic accuracy will now receive effects from both magic accuracy and blue magic skill, so magic accuracy will still play a role in the activation rate.
    (1)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Oh I realize that I was talking about ones that are already good might be getting better if they didn't currently use skill
    (0)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings,

I’d like to answer some blue mage-related questions that we received.

The purpose of the adjustments being made to blue magic this time around is to standardize the determination of additional effects that are different for each blue magic spell.

Amongst the spells that have been released until now, there were some that had additional effect activation rates that were affected by blue magic skill, while other spells were not affected by this. However, in the February version update we’ll be making it so the additional effects for all blue magic spells will be affected by blue magic skill.

The blue magic spells that were already being affected by the blue magic skill won’t be affected by this current adjustment; therefore, there will be no change in the activation rate for these additional effects.

Blue magic spells which have been adjusted this time will have a higher additional effect rate now when you equip gear that pushes your skill value over the base skill cap.

It won’t be determined just by blue magic skill. The spells that were previously only affected by magic accuracy will now receive effects from both magic accuracy and blue magic skill, so magic accuracy will still play a role in the activation rate.
    I think another way of putting it is that only the broken blue spells, like Tourbillion and Barbed Crescent, for example, will be affected by this change. Any spells where the additional affect already lands on high level mobs (like Sudden Lunge) must have already had blue skill in the magic accuracy equation.
    (1)
    Last edited by larrymc; 02-19-2015 at 07:36 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5