Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    Firstly, I'm well aware of how magic accuracy works, which is why I'm pissed they are subbing magic accuracy with blue magic skill...
    (8)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The problem here is that SE was not very clear about how this will affect the existing mechanics for landing additional effects for physical spells.

Before this update - the way to land additional effects was to boost magic accuracy.

This is known.

SE was *extremely* ambiguous as to whether this new mechanic of blu skill is additive to magic accuracy, or does it *replace* magic accuracy. My mind was right along with the OP at first, thinking that perhaps it replaced it - which would likely be a huge nerf, as we can pack on alot more m.acc than we can blue skill.

However, taken in the context that SE has not nerfed anything for any job in the past year or more - I think it is reasonable to assume that blue skill will simply add to the magic accuracy of landing additional effects.

In other words - using the exact same gear that we have used in the past, every blue will now get a (hopefully) huge boost to landing additional effects.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Ok I'll try to make it short and simple.

Macc isn't just a stat that can be replaced. It's just like acc in that it is the sum several things and you wouldn't think skill replaces acc would you? These things include the actual macc/acc stat. It also usually includes some kind of stat comparator like dex to agi for acc or agi/int/mnd/chr etc to int for magical abilities/spells. And then there is skill, for acc the skill of the weapon factors in and for magical spells the magic skill factors. And the macc of magical ws or things like QD also seemed a boost for the weapons skill.

The problem arises (and yes it is a problem and bug that has been accepted and promised to be fixed several times) with the additional effects on physical ws never seemed to get the boost from skill though many (not all) of them seemed to just get a huge macc boost to compensate. And when they made blu physical spells they made them similar to physical ws even though there is a magic skill to draw from and like ws only some were given macc boosts to compensate. This meant that for some spells was like trying to cast say sleep with 0 enfeebling skill. And all the macc in the world isn't going to make up for that. This update would basically be the same as boosting that same gimp rdm to fully lvld enfeeble skill and make the skill on armor count though given gearing options macc pieces will still probably be better

The only gearing it should change is maybe body for some people and maybe ammo depending on actual melee acc (remember you still have to land the physical dmg just for a chance for the additional effect) for a few spells. Notably tourbillion and Barbed Crescent (though might make some already accurate ones like Sudden Lunge very accurate). Should also be noted that this also doesn't fix the additional effects on all the ws that are still broken
    (3)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-06-2015 at 02:48 AM.

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    "It's just like acc in that it is the sum several things and you wouldn't think skill replaces acc would you?"
    I do see your logic and your argument - but we are talking about blue - until recently attack didn't affect the attack power of blue physical spells - only blue skill & stats.

In the end however, we are on the same page that this will not be a nerf.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah but they fixed that would seem highly odd that they go back and basically do the same thing that they fixed on the att side here on the acc side. Purposefully creating a flaw they already learned there lesson.

Though even if they did given the amount of macc we get it would still be a decent buff though nowhere near as big and would encourage weird annoying gearing

Edit: Now that I think about it if they did do something weird and difficult like replacing it that nothing would really change. The spells that are broken wont land at all now even if you geared for macc unless you fight like lvl 60 mobs. If they straight up replaced it you'd only end up with like another 100-150 macc which still wouldn't be enough to land so really the only way this will really have any fix the broken spells is doing exactly like it sounds like they are doing
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-06-2015 at 06:16 AM.

Character
    Encore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    So does this change the very apparent and intentionally implemented immunity endgame NM's have against 97% of the spells we have? Or does it just allow a boost in landing Paralyzing Triad on basic mobs? I'm appreciative of any balance if it's in fairness and for the better of the game but it seems like a small handful of effects were coded to function or work, while others just don't or would be perhaps too OP if they functioned in majority of endgame.

EDIT to be fair partially some of the spells show no text or visual indication of success in landing so it's assumption on my part which I do recognize.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sixtythree; 02-06-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

What about Magic Damage & how does it factor-into beside this MMAC/blue skill-Points?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtythree View Post
    So does this change the very apparent and intentionally implemented immunity endgame NM's have against 97% of the spells we have? Or does it just allow a boost in landing Paralyzing Triad on basic mobs? I'm appreciative of any balance if it's in fairness and for the better of the game but it seems like a small handful of effects were coded to function or work, while others just don't or would be perhaps too OP if they functioned in majority of endgame.

EDIT to be fair partially some of the spells show no text or visual indication of success in landing so it's assumption on my part which I do recognize.
    Besed on your edit comment Sixtythree, I would say that it is only part of what is a broken-function on those additional effects spell's as well.

So I know I'll get a few roaring at me for this probably but what is the +magic damage factor into this when the changes to magic accuracy/blue points change occurs after the update and maybe the +Magic Damage & Magic accuracy on gears vs blue points on gears as well but we will have to see what happens after the update before we can fully understand its function and once we truly discover what it is or isn't doing after the update, only then we can truly complain about needing a change but I wouldn't be suggested that we go on to stop discussing about it either.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 02-06-2015 at 08:45 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    Besed on your edit comment Sixtythree, I would say that it is only part of what is a broken-function on those additional effects spell's as well.

So I know I'll get a few roaring at me for this probably but what is the +magic damage factor into this when the changes to magic accuracy/blue points change occurs after the update and maybe the +Magic Damage & Magic accuracy on gears vs blue points on gears as well but we will have to see what happens after the update before we can fully understand its function and once we truly discover what it is or isn't doing after the update, only then we can truly complain about needing a change but I wouldn't be suggested that we go on to stop discussing about it either.
    Afaik, the change is only for the additional effects of blue magic, so blue magic damage should be completely unchanged.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Afaik, the change is only for the additional effects of blue magic, so blue magic damage should be completely unchanged.
    I figured someone might misunderstand my post but its alright. I wasn't necessarily referring to blue magic damage but its okay and no plans to elaborate any further as well.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Magic damage has never had anything to do with spell accuracy or additional effect accuracy; magic damage affects the base damage of your spells before modifiers (MAB, INT, etc) and increases the base so that the multipliers are more potent. That's why it's so good for low-tier nukes, which have a relatively low D stat, but for higher tier nukes it is far less effective.

So I'm not sure how the changes will make magic damage function any differently for Blue Magic...?
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast