Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

[dev1254] Job Adjustments

This seems fantastic! Great pet buffs! I'm sure blue mages also will really dig the additional effect chance increase.

Any feedback from beastmasters/puppetmasters?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...407#post539407
    (1)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    As a pet job enthusiast, (and sackholder for a Pet Job LS) I'm super excited about this. I've been looking forward to skillchaining with my pet on BST for a while now. This PUP stuff totally took me by surprise though! New attachments? Buffs to existing weaponskills? For now, I don't want to get TOO excited about the PUP stuff, so I'm reserving judgment on that.

*ninja edit* - For Gildrein, I may have caught a typing error. Perhaps one too many "I" in one of the new attachments. I will BOLD for you.

Strobe II / Tension Spring III / Loudspeaker III / Tranquilizer II / Accelerator III / Scope II / Shock Absorber III / Armor Plate III / Stabilizer III / Coiler II / Mana Jammer III / Stealth Screen II / Auto-Repair Kit III / Mana Tank III
    To my knowledge, a Shock Absorber II was never released.
    (1)
    Last edited by Siviard; 02-03-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Player
    Yeah the pup updates could be underestimated by alot of people. Especially buffs to Canibal Blade will buff alot of events. I really hope coiler II will be interesting. What i dont understand is why there will not be a Dynamo II attachment. Is crit for the puppet that overpowering?
    (0)
    Last edited by Donquichot; 02-03-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I already posted my thoughts here:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-changes/page2

Well it will depend on the values. If a lot of them follow the trend of of tier 1 and 2, a lot of tier 3s are totally under whelming since they are static + x acc/r acc / macc/mab , will be complete blah unless they either 1) break the pattern (instead of adding just +5, they add +20 etc) or 2) they convert to a %

EG
    Tension Spring III: 3/6/9/12 ->6/9/12/15-> 9/12/15/18%
    Since this is % based, a 3% minimum increase in atk is very welcome

Stabilizer III: 5/10/15/20 -> 10/15/20/25-> 15/20/25/30
    A +5 bonus to acc however is way to little.

So either it would need to be
    15/30/45/60 (break the pattern)
    or
    5%/10%/15%/20% (20% acc would be roughly enough to cap acc on relevant exp mobs/delve/high end battles etc)

Also all of this is contigent on the new JP adding +10 elemental capacity for all elements so that we can use the new attachments without losing old combos. EG if tension spring 3 costs so much more that you cant use our regular fire attachments, we are better off still using ts2 instead of 3.
    (0)

Player
    I'll like the extra Macc on Blu, I wonder if Tourbillion will ever land now, probably not.
    (1)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So does this mean additional effect on BLU spells will no longer be affected by magic accuracy stat, and ONLY by BLU skill, or will it be some type of combination of the two? Kind of important that we know so I can ensure the right pieces are swapped in for those spells.

If only BLU skill, time to bring some Empy gear out of porter storage I guess.
    (2)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Id assume it means that spells that used to be based on enfeebling skill now depend on blu skill, and magic acc is still the same, but you probably need less since blu caps higher than enfeeble for blu mages
    (0)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    Id assume it means that spells that used to be based on enfeebling skill now depend on blu skill, and magic acc is still the same, but you probably need less since blu caps higher than enfeeble for blu mages
    BLU spells were never based off of enfeebling skill- BLU doesn't have this skill natively. The chance for a spell such as sudden lunge to land and take effect was based on magic accuracy. Now they are saying this added effect is based on your BLU magic skill, so is magic accuracy no longer a factor, or are they combined somehow?
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Is there Blue Magic spells that varied with Enfeebling Magic skill? If so, that's new news to me. I know Healing Magic is in some of the Blue Magic spells because it copied the old Cure formula. Still wish they'd fix that.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    I'll like the extra Macc on Blu, I wonder if Tourbillion will ever land now, probably not.
    It's not really "extra" so much as normal amounts. The way it is right now it would be like a rdm trying to land sleep but with enfeebling not helping. Blu additional effects are the only magic I know of that has this problem of not accounting for skill which puts it a good 400+ macc behind everyone else in casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    BLU spells were never based off of enfeebling skill- BLU doesn't have this skill natively. The chance for a spell such as sudden lunge to land and take effect was based on magic accuracy. Now they are saying this added effect is based on your BLU magic skill, so is magic accuracy no longer a factor, or are they combined somehow?
    Macc is always a factor on any magical effect that isn't 100%. They are just going to make it like every other magic spell where skill adds to macc. macc is a term that has a lot of things like skill and the macc stat and sometimes base stats in it
    (2)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-04-2015 at 02:26 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast