Character
    Worldslost
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Please fix player vs player (Suggestion)

We would enjoy PvP if the penalty for gear change is removed. Can't armor be static if blinking is the main issue?
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    That would do the exact opposite of "fixing".
    It is a little humorous that your first idea is literally the most game-breaking thing there is for PvP.

Go do some PvP then try posting something constructive, like about enhanced HP/MP values or something.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    That would do the exact opposite of "fixing".
    It is a little humorous that your first idea is literally the most game-breaking thing there is for PvP.

Go do some PvP then try posting something constructive, like about enhanced HP/MP values or something.
    Yet you only dismiss it because you have all these bizarre sets that are hugely beneficial in a PvP situation that would be worthless if they allowed gearswaps.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not to be cynical or anything, but we've been begging for updates to ballista for years now so I doubt we'll ever get anything. I haven't tried it yet but given that player damage has increased a lot faster than HP with ilevels, I'm willing to bet its super broken now.

That being said, removing the gearswap restriction isn't one of the fixes I'm looking for. The only way that it could be reasonably allowed is if that everyone was forced to /lockstyle for the duration of the match, because the whole reason the restriction was put in was to prevent abuse of blinking.

The most broken thing right now is I don't think Ballista even recognizes the new SoA jobs. I'm not sure that they even have ballista titles yet, or if the field pursuviants even acknowledge their existence (e.g. last I checked they still mention "all twenty jobs".) There's also the issue of there being no level 60 AF set for those jobs, so both jobs have crap for gear for level cap fights.

Assuming I'm correct, I'd like to plead to the community team for them to at least address this small issue (no titles / acknowledgement for new jobs)

I also think they should get rid of the ballista license (keep the quest but make it an optional flavor quest) so anyone can participate in any ballista match, because it is an annoying barrier to entry.

I miss ballista dearly. I might be able to do it again if there was some nice update to it that would make people want to try it again. PvP is great for keeping people playing during lulls between major updates if you make it more attractive- in FFXIV they give you gear currency and there is equipment made for PvP available (still usable outside but less effective) and lo and behold it took off; prior to that it was almost DOA. Add some flashy pvp rewards and people will come. Heck, I almost find it more fun than the rest of the game (in xiv).
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-04-2015 at 04:03 AM.

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The biggest problem is how our HP/MP (mostly HP) has not scaled with our MASSIVE increase in power. (But this was already correctly pointed out.) In fact, if you just doubled our current HP values it would go a long way.

It isn't "one-shot" city typically if you are smart and wear PDT/MDT accordingly. The game is far more bursty than I'd like. I find that with the advent of +magic skill on weapons many jobs that do not have magic innately can choose to utilize magic in a limited but if timed well effective fashion. The upside I suppose is that if an enemy decides to try to blitz you down chances are they are going to take an extreme amount of damage from even a defensively geared player.

I honestly believe that we have somewhere around level 85~ HP. I played during the 75 era and I don't remember getting much up to 99. However while we are on the topic of HP, the max HP levels of many jobs doesn't make sense to begin with.

@Tidis
    I have every gear set you can imagine for my DRK normal and bizarre ones included. I'm also a hybrid job like a RDM, and hybrid jobs would just SHIT on everyone else all the time, every day, if they had this kind of flexibility.

For example:
    The only shot a THF for example has against a BLU is honestly to limit a their gear options by threatening with a source of silence [garuda 2.0 dagger] (or another debuff where applicable) or threatening them with a /rdm clutch silence.

WAR is a very powerful job if it is aggressive and prevents its enemy from buffing utilizing its marksmanship and perhaps a limited spellcasting sub job (sch, rdm, etc). When a duel starts getting provoked at the end of your cast is demoralizing especially when followed by a heavy melee attack into a sleep bolt into another provoke.

The single set of gear in PvP is actually one of the reasons the system is good. Honestly how ridiculous would it be if every job was packing a 35%~ fast cast set? For every spell they cast? If you want the fast cast (or whatever stat) you need to decide if it is worth the slot.

And they would benefit me because I could macro them in? Duh?

Level caps are stupid long live the SU1/2/3/4/5/infinty era. Please delete them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Urteil; 02-07-2015 at 12:08 AM.

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    the best way i have ever seen PvP ever done was like this
    1. the instigator requests a battle from the requested
    2. the requested chooses weather to battle(#1) or not(#2)

#1. battle commences
    #2. battle does not commence(thus blocking the instigator from requesting to battle requested for the rest of the day)

what game this is apart of i cant tell you(yes it has been that long sense i played the game)

if this were implimented i would accept it
    as long as se added one more thing a switch to disallow all PvP denoted by the requested not the instigator(this way if someone does not want to participate in PvP thay wont be bombarded by requests)
    (0)
    Last edited by SMD111; 02-07-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    if this were implimented i would accept it
    kinda how it works in monstrosity, except you can't toggle the participation status any time, you have to talk to an npc in the cities. Which wouldnt be such a big problem if it didn't prevent you from riding chocobos or subject you to a level cap when you arent fighting.

the convoluted process to participate is a pretty major thing that worked against ballista's favor and every PvP they've created.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-07-2015 at 04:18 PM.

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The dueling hut is nice, but to anyone encountering the menu's in diorama for the first time it is a mess.

However with limited knowledge anyone can set up a 60minute, free-entry, re-entry and set the Herald to Pos C and both camps to Pos E for a quick an easy entry/fighting set up.

We've found that using a single rook setup in the blood forest near the bottom of the area is also fun for a quick fast paced single defense game-type when the size is around 4v4 to 6v6.
    (0)