Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Would have preferred a system like this, combined the random system with a progression based one:
    Make mecisto mantle no longer a wearable cape, add a player stat called 'CP Bonus'.

1st Turn in your best CP cape (+48%) to set your base stat, requires all KI+megaboss KI of any content level.
    NPC sets your CP bonus stat is now +48.00%

2nd and all capes after the 1st add 1/100th onto your existing base rate
    Turn in another cape (+27%),
    NPC increases your CP bonus stat to +48.27% (+0.27% not 27% since it is not 1st cape turnin)

Now all 'cp capes' are useful and worth something, you get incremental progression and getting lucky on augment is still worth something.
    Would give incursion more longevity and nq coffers more worthwhile to spam opening.

They could then make that CP bonus stat cap out at +100% or whatever.

*The 1st step setting the base CP bonus stat could also be repeated by an NPC menu option, if somehow you previously had a lower rate like +30% due to bad cape luck.
    This would let someone who later gets a +50% cape to 'upgrade' their base rate past their current best.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sapphires; 02-17-2015 at 12:44 AM.
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post
    Would have preferred a system like this, combined the random system with a progression based one:
    Make mecisto mantle no longer a wearable cape, add a player stat called 'CP Bonus'.

1st Turn in your best CP cape (+48%) to set your base stat, requires all KI+megaboss KI of any content level.
    NPC sets your CP bonus stat is now +48.00%

2nd and all capes after the 1st add 1/100th onto your existing base rate
    Turn in another cape (+27%),
    NPC increases your CP bonus stat to +48.27% (+0.27% not 27% since it is not 1st cape turnin)

Now all 'cp capes' are useful and worth something, you get incremental progression and getting lucky on augment is still worth something.
    Would give incursion more longevity and nq coffers more worthwhile to spam opening.

They could then make that CP bonus stat cap out at +100% or whatever.

*The 1st step setting the base CP bonus stat could also be repeated by an NPC menu option, if somehow you previously had a lower rate like +30% due to bad cape luck.
    This would let someone who later gets a +50% cape to 'upgrade' their base rate past their current best.
    Except there's really nothing wrong with the CP mantle system. Not sure what you're suggesting. Keep opening coffers and eventually you'll get a 50% or something close to it.

JSE cape system is extremely broken. One lucky coffer can instantly elevate you above others. A RUN in my LS opened a coffer with a RUN JSE cape with +5% DA, plus other great stats. Probably a one in a million of getting something that good. With so much randomness, no one can ever be on the same level with other players no matter how much time and effort is put in. That's why changes were needed and I'm glad SE recognized it.
    (1)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The point of a system getting rid of CP capes is so we can go back to using our JSE capes when doing CP parties, I dont want the -1 inventory for a +CP% cape. The current system should be trashed and made a levelable stat instead.
    I've had a cape with 48% forever and a system that levels up and grows to higher % well past 50% would be better and give a reason to go back and do more incursion.

Its beyond stupid I have to make equipment sets with a mecisto mantle in them just for a party setting to maximize CP/hr because monsters can die while I am in my tp set or weaponskill set.
    (5)
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Also the idea that you have to fulltime an item (you could try switching before mob dies but you will miss it often enough that I wouldn't) to increase your cp gain is kinda bad especially when that full timing lowers your dps (unless you a support job but you already have problems with getting hit in non ilvl or lower ilvl gear) therefore lowering cp gain. Sure overall cape helps but it hurts some too
    (4)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    Except there's really nothing wrong with the CP mantle system.
    I find it wrong from several points of view.
    First we should know why they decided to create it. Was it because they thought CP/hr rate was a bit low and they wanted to raise it a bit?
    Then they should have done it for all players, at the same rate.
    As it stands now it's a big bonus only for people who do incursion or for those lucky enough to get a 50% cape (trust me I do a lot of incursion and I still haven't seen one better than 42%. A friend's mule got a 50% one on his first Incursion run).
    This is pretty unfair imho. If they judge the rate being too low, they should raise it for everybody evenly.

Secondly there's the inventory issue. Basically you're forced to gimp yourself (unable to use the back slot) to partially compensate for the low value of CP/Hr that you get from killing mobs.

I use my cape, but I can't say I like it or that it's an elegant game design solution, quite the other way around.
    (5)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one who found the CP cape system absurd all the way around.
    (1)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I must have misunderstood the post then. I meant there's nothing wrong with how you get CP+ mantles. Do incursion and eventually you'll get a decent one. I agree it's a pain to have to equip it in place of better gear.

I also agree that it's almost like admitting the CP rate is too low. But they are also admitting that by holding double CP events ever couple of weeks.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    See but content shouldn't be the gateway to what is effectively a leveling system. To gear and maybe quest/mission/storyline progression sure. But not to lvl grinding. It's very odd way of doing things. You grind out your character to do events not grind out your character to do events so you can grind out your character better.

Could you imagine if back in the day when xping sucked they had made a +50% xp cape... but it only dropped off of dynamis nms? And then had similar bad droprates and horribly RNG when it came to getting good amounts on it
    (1)

Thanks for the detailed suggestion Zhronne.

Let me share some information with you since we are planning to make adjustments to job specific capes and arcane glyptics in the February version update.

In the February version update, we’re going to add a new NPC which will add arcane glyptics to job specific capes by trading the cape and a new item which will be added in the update.

This NPC will have the same arcane glyptics as the ones attached to the job specific capes that drop from Incursion. It’ll also be possible to re-add arcane glyptic to job specific capes that already have arcane glyptics.

With the addition of this feature, it’ll be relatively easier to obtain job specific capes with arcane glyptics. We’re also planning to increase the drop rate of the job specific capes from Incursion to go along with this change. We’ll have more details in the patch notes and we’re also planning to introduce this in Freshly Picked Vana’diel.
    (8)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Cautiously optimistic.
    (3)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast