Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Blitzstrahl Proc

I've noticed that Blitzstrahl seems to have more difficulty than other spells to process magic weakness!

I assume this is because the spell has additional effect: Stun and proc'ing while stunned doesn't seem to work..

Removing the stun =/= proc would fix this and save a lot of headache.

And it's not the correct forum, but can we change all magic proc'ing so that casting the correct spell under the correct conditions (when monster is not casting/tping etc) will cause proc, whether or not the spell lands?

There are many situations where the correct spell to proc a mob turns out to be a status ailment or element it is immune to.. removing the condition that the spell must land will fix this.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I never had problems with blitztrahl personally, the only one i cant stand is 1000 needles.

There are many situations where the correct spell to proc a mob turns out to be a status ailment or element it is immune to.. removing the condition that the spell must land will fix this.
    I only seen problems with that with spells like brd songs or the nin blind move.

those undead looking things when you need a brd song or ninja spell is not fun on dark weakness
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-10-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I've hit emperador de altepa a dozen times with blitzstrahl, and I was not able to proc it because the stun always landed.

I was naked and used earth staff also. I had to go remove atma for stun not to proc and the weakness to trigger. Its a problem. Often players just assume its not a blue magic spell.
    (1)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    In all honesty I've had more trouble with 1000 Needles immunity rather than Stun negating !! process. I would much rather have immunities to Threnody/1k needles/dispel/kurayami fixed, but both can go hand in hand. To my knowledge all I've heard from SE is "We know about the problem" but now how/when they plan to fix it.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I always equip light staff for 1000 needles. I've not had trouble landing it.

They plan to do something. No, they haven't told us what yet. I'm interested in seeing what.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

I hope it isn't a nerf ;x Blitz has a nice long stun effect. I personally haven't ever ran into these problems with blitz but they are looking into it.
    (0)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    I always equip light staff for 1000 needles. I've not had trouble landing it.

They plan to do something. No, they haven't told us what yet. I'm interested in seeing what.
    Try using 1000 Needles on Orthus, Amorok, Cuijatender, Emperador de Altepa, various Mandragora NM, or either Hydra in Abyssea - Grauberg (and yes I'm aware of magic barrier on hydra).

At first I thought it was an obvious correlation issue (since all of the listed are either beast or plantiod type), but even with Superior magic acc, Light magic acc atma, Tonic, Apollo's staff, Elemental Seal, and upwards of +40macc in gear I could not land the spell even after numerous attempts. If anything I expect obvious lesser damage from the spell, but not full on resists every time used. Aside from some select weapons, my blu is very well geared for either physical or magical spells. The list is a little longer than what I have placed as a sample, so it is not on a vast majority of NM. I'm almost certain it is possibly a Correlation error that creates the immunity, but I don't know of many LS, let alone groups that will wait around for the recast on this Spell more than 3-4 max attempts before deciding to just kill it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kitkat; 03-10-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Ya I can't think of a situation in which I've actually missed Blitztral, I mean I've casted when the NM is casting because of the casting delay that comes with the spell, but really that is the only issue I've came across, and even that isn't something I would want SE to fix (there are many other things that call for greater attention then Blitz) such as 1000 Needles. The cost, the cast, the recast, and the spell point are all things that make this spell a heavy burden upon the BLU community, and thats not even calculating whether it hits or not, which is also a pain in the ass. Lets remember that 1000 needles is an all or nothing spell, your not going to get maybe 1 or 15 damage, your hitting 1000 or your missing completely... All too often its the later unfortunately. When it comes to 1000 Needles as you are saying Kitkat, I can instantly answer the cactaur and mandragora reasons for resistance. it is because these two particular mobs are highly resistant to light in the first place, especially Cactar in particular. I don't know if you've tried this, but the Bat NM that drops our Leg seals in Misareux (I'm botching spelling, I know but you know what I mean) if you pull it on Darks Day and try to proc Eyes on Me or Death Ray, it is actually a huge pain. Man of the spells fail to even take effect, and that is of course because it is a bat type which makes it innately resistant too Darkness. While although NMs assume the elemental weakness of the day (past, present, future) I still feel that NMs have a correlation with their familys and the family resistances that come innate too them. Such as a pot type mob will always be weak to blunt, and 1000 needles will rarely, if ever, land on a cactar NM. Thats just my lil food for thought, if I'm wrong or right, I wouldn't mind hearing some opinions.
    (0)

Character
    Sope
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yeah, Blitzstrahl definitely has a problem with procc'ing.

I've heard of other BLU's putting on an Earth Staff to lower the stun effect's accuracy. I haven't tried it myself, but apparently it helps.
    (0)

Character
    Valenia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I hope it isn't a nerf ;x Blitz has a nice long stun effect. I personally haven't ever ran into these problems with blitz but they are looking into it.
    Shouldn't need a nerf to the stun...its just an order of operations check that needs to be moved. The weakness check is tacked on after the damage and debuff checks have been made so if the stun lands the weakness check fails due to the stun.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast