Hybrid View

Character
    Solidous
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Best "Chant du Cygne" WS gear

I almost finishing my Almace and was wondering what would be the best gear for Chant du Cygne.
    (0)

Player
    Almace/Shamshir+2 (Str or Dex depending)/x/Thunder Sachet
    MKD Hat > Aias Bonnet/Gorget/Brutal/Thunderpearl or Aesir depending on attack buffs
    Loki's/Alcide's+1/Thundersoul (Rajas outside abyssea or for stp if you care)/Epona's
    Atheling/Cuch>Anguinus>Ws belt (fairly sure on this)/Tumbler/Alcide's+1 or Lithe if high attack

Should cover all slots.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 04-06-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Forgot Epona's

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Snow/Water Belt Vs Anguinus gets me on CdC...
    It's only a 2.5 fTP, so it'd add a pretty good boost. (Honestly curious)

To the OP, I got a DA+10% Khanda +2 I like a lot. The Double Attack is universal, and does kick in on Weaponskills. Having CdC you might end up more melee oriented, so it's worth checking out, even if it means sacrificing a little spell damage. It's not too hard to get either.
    (0)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Player
    As of 90 I had Dex or Str shamshirs doing more damage than the DA Khanda inside or outside Abyssea, the delay offsets the DA bonus somewhat but after those two it's a fair option. If attack isn't capped Anguinus usually outperforms Elebelt last I checked, Cuch has Dex for WSC and attack making it the best option. Warwolf isn't a bad option outside Abyssea if you need the dDEX.

Also you're looking at fTP wrong, Chant isn't 2.25, it's 4.25 not including offhand hit (1 ftp for each hit after the first). On the wiki it only lists the fTP of the first hit, it doesn't include the fTP of offhand and additional hits.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 04-04-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah my bad, use to relic Weaponskills lol... Where they look like multi-attacks but are actually single hit.
    For some reason I thought CdC was the same thing, my bad.

I still have a hard time seeing 15 attack beat out a 0.1 to fTP. But I'm sure it's a negligible difference either way, so whatever
    (0)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Player
    The higher your starting ftp is the less adding .1 does for it, hence for high ftp WS such as Sidewinder/Hi/Victory Smite for instance the elebelts are generally worse options over other choices.
    (0)

Character
    Fiarlia
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    DA Shamshir would likely pull ahead on your melee phase when Aftermath is up, as the DA is universal - meaning the Almace can DA and you'll get more ODD hits. Probably not best on the WS itself, but I imagine that the extra ODD may add more overall damage, and lead to better WS frequency as well.

Keep in mind this is theory, I haven't mathed it out. >_>

Edit: You'd likely want to keep both the DA and the stat Shamshir and use whichever one suits your current situation, as sometimes you may not be meleeing that much.
    (0)

Character
    Solidous
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Thanks for the advice, I have most of this gear from my thf so its easy for me to do.
    (0)

Character
    Kanyaa
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    -Snow gorget is working for CDC?

-What should i use as 3rd atma? (RR/GH/??)
    Apoc for TripleAtk and RR (should die more often with CDC)
    VV for DA & Str (atk) & Regain
    Omnipotent for Dex50
    Stout arm for atk50 and str(more atk)
    Sanguine Scythe for critical hit dmg (30%) , hit critical dmg cap, but enmity+ sucks
    something else?

-Which 2nd augment to choose to AKME hat with dex4 critical2%?
    str4 ws.acc15
    or
    agi4 ws.dmg2%
    (0)
    Last edited by Kanyaa; 04-05-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Player
    Razed Ruins is first atma, Apocalypse is second, A/O (best) or Gnarled/Dark Depths (next best) is 3rd. This assumes you're actually meleeing (not sure why you wouldn't if using CDC).Critical hit damage caps at 50%, Sanguine Scythe is only giving 20% without loki's and 15% with, its value is severely depreciated after putting on RR. fSTR should be capped in abyssea from cruor buffs alone so pure str atmas aren't needed.

If you can't stand getting hate... well I don't know what to say.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 04-05-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Wrong atma listed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast