Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    I've survived on SCH, every time. Just wear high illv, magic evasion focused gear(mage class 119 gear, basically) have Shell V, and cast SS and phalanx. With a good shell, you should be able to cap MDT pretty easily with just accessories.

I know RUN could survive easily. I suspect any melee with good access to 119 mage class gear could. Need that high Meva/MDB.

A GEO Using Attunement/Fend could probably make just about anyone survive. But still better to wear Meva focused gear when AF hits. Attunement/Fend rather than Attunement/Vex, because the avatars pop scattered all over the place, then AF fast. Chances are you wouldn't get many of them with vex. So you focus on buffs since you can keep all players in range. If you're still worried, could bolster.
    I went a few weeks ago as GEO/WHM and bolstered Attunement/Vex We had whm, rng, thf and non-relic pld. we wiped.

Next attempt, I did a -ra spell and sac'd the avatars away before PW astral flow'd. some did 0 or near 0 dmg to me. Survived every time. I think their m.acc may be distance related.
    No one else in the party even got hit by an astral flow, so that is probably the way to go if you have someone who can pull them away a couple times.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Well, like I said about vex. You're probably not gonna hit the avatars with it. You'd need to be on their hate list and in range for the effect to apply. PW might have ally hate... but do the avatars? And In my experience, they can pop scattered all over the place. So when they pop and AF. They might not even be in range.

But even if vex didn't apply, I'm still surprised you wiped with bolstered Attunement. I really dunno how you managed that.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Martel is probably right and the first fight the vex didn't apply but when you ra'd the second time it did...

But really I'm thinking fade and fend would be better than vex and attunement. Can't find any recent non Idris numbers (or really any Idris after the more recent skill additions) but blostered Idris fade and fend together should reduce your magic dmg in this situation (I'm making assumptions that they would have normal avatar MAB if they have more the reduction will be less if they have less you might actually reduce their mab to 0) by a good 90% or so.

Plus you have the benefit of not getting hit by that bad luck minimum 5% chance to not be resisted. Which given it's 8 avatars all doing this against your team several times as it's hp goes down will probably happen
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-06-2015 at 05:56 AM.

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Hmmm, I'd have liked to enlighten you with more recent data, but fade/fend are among the ones I haven't retested. :/
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Hmmm, I'd have liked to enlighten you with more recent data, but fade/fend are among the ones I haven't retested. :/
    More recent Idris or non Idris numbers... either or I'd love some. Geo is full of such goodness. Actually haven't seen a lot of recent retesting in general... well other than that huge graph of different skills you did lol
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Round 2 of geo stuff has been posted over on BG. You may find the last two tests relevant to your interests. XD
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Analyzing.... beep questions
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2