Player

Returning - Basically New Player

Hello all,

I've decided to return to FFXI and give it another try after many, many years away. When I last actively played, there were no expansions and the game was extremely unfriendly to an off-hours soloer. A friend on FFXIV tells me that things are very different now, and that I might even make it to a job beyond the basics!

Right now, I can't log in. Not sure why. I managed to log in, resubscribe, and transfer my account to the Square Enix Account system. When I try to log in, it says that something is wrong with my Square Enix ID, password, or one-time password. I use the same on FFXIV and log in without issue. At a loss there. I know I have the PlayOnline stuff right.

Anyway! Right now, it appears I still have a character on Sylph, which I could change. However, I am really hoping for a senior friend or linkshell willing to take me in and guide me/help me to catch up. In return, you get a friendly player who'll be really active due to a physical disability. That's assuming the game really is easier and more solo friendly. I'd like to finally see myself in a job beyond the starter choices!

Mahkah@Sylph
    (0)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Unfortunately I'm not on Sylph, so I can't help you out directly, but I can confirm that this game has become much more forgiving when it comes to earlier content like levelling your first job. Players are, by and large, more powerful that we used to be in comparison to monsters, even at early levels, and there are lots of ways of gaining bonus experience points to help speed things along. Once you hit level 30 there's even a way of power levelling you to the level cap in just a few hours/days, though you will still have to do quests every 5 levels above 50 to increase your personal cap. Levelling a job really is the "just starting off" point of the game these days, so I don't doubt you'll get to unlock those advanced jobs!

While you're searching for a linkshell, I would recommend finding out about the Records of Eminence and Fields/Grounds of Valour systems, if you don't know about them already. They are the most significant enhancements to levelling up and will make things move much more quickly for you.

Good luck!
    (0)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/wiki/qol

That's a list of the biggest changes, with links to the update notes when they were introduced or improved.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/