Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If you think RUN can't tank. (without a mythic)

You suck at this game and go play another one.
    (1)

Character
    Timbit
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Show me the screenshots of you super tanking the AAs in Divine Might II on (D-VD) while your alliance pulls them off you and I'll change my mind and say RUN can tank as well as a PLD. With an Ergon or without, either will do.

Or if you'd like, send me the pics of you super tanking Gramk-Droog and his adds on a pull at level 135+ Incursion.

I'm betting you'll do fine, right up until Battuta runs out... then...
    (2)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinytimtaru View Post
    Show me the screenshots of you super tanking the AAs in Divine Might II on (D-VD) while your alliance pulls them off you and I'll change my mind and say RUN can tank as well as a PLD. With an Ergon or without, either will do.
    The nifty thing about super tanking is hate is not a concern, only survivability. Run would be just fine for this if they had proper support.

Or if you'd like, send me the pics of you super tanking Gramk-Droog and his adds on a pull at level 135+ Incursion
    Pld can't super tank any of this either, so what's your point? Mobs in Incursion put everyone in the zone on their enmity list, making all actions by anyone generate hate on each mob. Not 135+ cause that's honestly a waste, but I've been a part of 130 Rng party runs that used a Run as the decoy target. No difference what so ever in the run.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    But.. you can't cast luopan debuffs on players.
    I would guess they probably don't allow this because geo-spell luopans are stronger and being able to lay one down on a player would let you further trivialize any content where you can do supertanking mechanics (e.g. cast geo-wilt on a pld supertanking multiple AAs in DM II)
    (0)
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post
    I would guess they probably don't allow this because geo-spell luopans are stronger and being able to lay one down on a player would let you further trivialize any content where you can do supertanking mechanics (e.g. cast geo-wilt on a pld supertanking multiple AAs in DM II)
    Hmmm? Indi and geo have identical potency unless you use blaze of glory or something. And you could still just plop geo-barrier on the PLD.

PLD/BLU, Cocoon, GEO-Barrier... Just how much def would that be? lol. Oh, and then after that you could still toss entrusted indi-wilt on the PLD. It'd be gimp potency, but still.

I very much doubt your thought has anything to do with the reasons behind the allowed targeting for GEO spells. More likely they were just following ye olde standard spell target rules. Debuffs target mobs, Buffs target players. And really, it's only indi spells that are an exception anyway. Since they're always self/player targeted.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post
    cast geo-wilt on a pld supertanking multiple AAs in DM II
    Sounds like a recipe for a dead GEO.
    (0)

You will be happy to hear that we’ll be introducing new Phantom Rolls for geomancer and rune fencer in the May version update.
    (10)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    You will be happy to hear that we’ll be introducing new Phantom Rolls for geomancer and rune fencer in the May version update.
    Wonderful! Now the jobemotes!!!!!!!
    (4)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    About damn time! I was posting about those before the jobs even came out!
    (0)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Character
    Gekuz
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    I would like to know: SMN got new Avatars, BST new Animals... Can we have a NEW automaton for PUP? A real DD automaton something like a SAM frame? would be nice as a last gift before the major versions update cease
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast