Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Ruaumoko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

Job Adjustments (Suggestions)

Rather than spread this out across the various job forums I might as well gather these suggestions here.

Corsair
    Geomancer's Roll - Increases the attributes of party members within area of effect.
    Runeist's Roll - Bestows a TP Bonus upon party members within area of effect.
    Why haven't we gotten rolls for these two jobs yet?

Rune Fencer
    Ward: Resonance - Increases attributes. Effects vary upon current runes harbored.
    Ignis: STR, Attack, Weapon Skill Damage.
    Suplor: DEX, Accuracy, Critical Hit Rate.
    Tellus: VIT, Defense, Physical Damage Taken-%.

Rune Fencer gains access to the Temper spell at Lv95.
    Rune Fencer gains access to Regen V at Lv99 or is unlocked via Gifts.

Geomancer
    Indi-Regain / Geo-Regain - Caps at 50/tick with Dunna. 60/tick with Idris.

Spirit Bind - Causes the next Luopan cast to follow its target. The rate at which the Luopan loses HP is accelerated while it is mobile.

Enshelter - Fully restores the HP of your Luopan. Prevents it from receiving damage, and reduces the rate at which it loses HP.
    Replaces the joke of a 1-hour that is Widened Compass. Basically rolls Life Cycle, Dematerialize, and Lasting Emanation into one ability.

--------------

Have any you can think of?
    (4)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Runeist Roll having a TP bonus sounds odd; if anything, it should be something like a straight MDT versus the MDB we have from Magus's Roll. TP Bonus just doesn't seem to fit the job.

Resonance sounds a bit overpowered, tbh, and while I like the concept (at very least increasing stats, sort of like a PUP's Maneuvers does for their automaton), I think it also goes against the idea of trying to align your runes for elemental resistance against an enemy's spells. As a RUN you're going to be aiming to try and use runes to mitigate elemental damage, which means you can't use the bonuses reliably.

I wouldn't mind getting Temper on RUN, but I think the RDMs would burn you at the stake. God bless your soul.

Regen V is more SCH's territory because they are supposed to be the masters of over-time effects; they get the best Regen tier, potency bonuses via Light Arts JP, and straight up Light Arts bonuses, not to mention gear. Again, I wouldn't complain, but that one tier of Regen isn't earth-breaking.

Indi-Regain / Geo-Regain - I doubt they'd be so eager to give us a 50/tick, much as I would love that. COR gets that high but requires a good roll and/or bonuses. I'd say we'd be more likely to get something like 30/tick (which isn't bad in itself!) with Dunna and 40/tick with Idris.

Spirit Bind - Yes please. The drawback to it is reasonable and it makes it so much easier when you have a mobile party to use Luopans.

Enshelter - I rather like this, and it'd be a good addition to our SP abilities. Something like a 1-minute timer would balance it out, and it'd be useful for keeping your luopan alive on those big fights.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyncath View Post
    Rune Fencer gains access to the Temper spell at Lv95.
    RDM only, you shall not get!
    (2)

I'd Exchange Temper if RDM can get Banish 1-3, Holy, Enlight, Dread Spikes, and Endark >:3
    (2)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyncath View Post
    Geomancer
    Indi-Regain / Geo-Regain - Caps at 50/tick with Dunna. 60/tick with Idris.

Spirit Bind - Causes the next Luopan cast to follow its target. The rate at which the Luopan loses HP is accelerated while it is mobile.

Enshelter - Fully restores the HP of your Luopan. Prevents it from receiving damage, and reduces the rate at which it loses HP.
    Replaces the joke of a 1-hour that is Widened Compass. Basically rolls Life Cycle, Dematerialize, and Lasting Emanation into one ability.

--------------

Have any you can think of?
    Imagine Regain will be gained from Gifts at some point, though this batch will be -Ra IIIs I think, they were mentioned in a JP Dev report after the conclusion of SoA's missions. Regain is really the only other effect I think would be useful for Geo, most others would be a wash compared to what we have already. Even Regain will mostly be a pre-fight buff.

Could see the use in Spirit Bind in roaming parties, but really, Full Circling and recasting isn't that big of a deal for things other than trash. I wouldn't say no to it, but it'd only further laziness IMO.

Not a fan of that SP2 really. I'd rather see an SP2 that focuses more on our nuking capabilities. Say, a major 1~ min buff to Cardinal Chant. It'd serve multiple purposes, an SP that increases your own damage output by increasing MAB/MCrit/Magic Burst damage (FWIW, silly that 3 of the 4 directions focus on nuke damage), as well as giving a large increase to MAcc if you position yourself for that. Would certainly be useful in some content compared to our current SP2 or Enshelter. I see Enshelter as a temp increase in survivability to something that's easily replaceable which isn't really worthy of an SP2 IMO.

Maybe a bit wish listy, but I'd like to see old school combined Geo bubbles. They each provide their relative elemental debuff on an enemy while providing a Geomancy buff to players and Geomancy debuff to mobs. Say Indi/Geo Gust, gives Choke, Haste, and -def. Indi/Geo Sandstorm, Rasp, +def, -acc. Indi/Geo Inferno, Burn, +att, -MAB. Not that they'd be overly useful as they'd have to further balance these effects so they're not the instant go to compared to the single buff/debuff spells, but it'd be a nice throw back that may see some use.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    The issue I see with spirit bind, is this. Say you cast frailty on a mob in a roaming CP party. Mob dies. Luopan sits there like an idiot.

But.. you can't cast luopan debuffs on players. Of course, you could indi frailty and have a buff luopan follow someone. But what if you were doing frailty/torpor?

Now, if they let you assign debuff luopan to follow players, cool. But following a mob isn't very helpful when single mobs either die near instantly, or don't move much.

This isn't to say I don't like the idea. I do like it. I've had the same thought myself. I just hope that if they ever implement it, that do it in a way that's fully functional.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    But.. you can't cast luopan debuffs on players. Of course, you could indi frailty and have a buff luopan follow someone. But what if you were doing frailty/torpor?
    By far my biggest complaint with Luopans. Wish they'd set their targeting like Cure spells and let you target a Geo- spell on any target regardless if it's a buff or debuff.
    (3)
    7/10/14

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    I'd Exchange Temper if RDM can get Banish 1-3, Holy, Enlight, Dread Spikes, and Endark >:3

I think I might be able to agree with this... but I'd want barlight and bardark as well.

Do I think it'll happen? snowballs chance in hell.
    (2)

Character
    Timbit
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Rune Fencer – Needs some help to make it an endgame tank still:

Even with an Ergon weapon, still take way too much damage and blow through shadows way too fast to reliably tank any serious content (VD+).

Change Battuta to a full-time Job Trait (at the very least adjust the timers so we can keep this effect up longer in combat)

Cures (I - IV) – Vivacious Pulse does not cut it in any real content.

Corsair:

GEO-Roll – Resistance to status effects (like Amnesia in Incursion!) would be great.
    RUN-Roll – Gotta be Magic Defense or Magic Evasion.

Decoy Shot! Or some form of enmity reduction for COR would really help.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tinytimtaru; 02-01-2015 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    I think I might be able to agree with this... but I'd want barlight and bardark as well.

Do I think it'll happen? snowballs chance in hell.
    Forgot about those, I choose D.) All of the Above!
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast