Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Player
    Well guess it's back to lvling my whm taru mule, who doesn't have any real gear to make it worthwhile because all the gear he needs is on my main.
    (0)

Character
    Elvaanmoq
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    So many hours after, still same problems.

Can we have an update on the situation, or better yet a fix, please?
    (0)

Character
    Kalisama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Mine finally worked. Didn't ask for anything this time just went through POL as if nothing ever happened.

Still kinda baffled that there was an issue at all...none of it makes any sense, but oh well.

GL to the rest of you that are still having problems.
    (0)

Character
    Sacher
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    SE...THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! My account has been down since Saturday. I do not understand why you people cannot figure this out yet! My gosh, is your "crack team" so stumped they cannot resolve a problem they caused? It should not take this long! No wonder ff14 sucks so hard, you people honestly have no clue wth you are doing! You have a team that can create code but when it comes to problem solving, you my friends FAIL!! Give you time? How much time do you really need? Is it me or we the only ones that seem to know that the problem occurred after they did the April maintenance? Here's some help SE. If you did maintenance and then a problem arises it's a pretty good bet the maintenance caused the problem. Figure out what the maintenance changed and reverse it.
    (1)

@ Sacher.... chill a little dude. For all we know, they may be having to sift through individual records to find the problem, verify whether an account should have qualified for refund, or whether it should have by normal billing practices been disabled after the billing took place. I've had to go through a manual process like that to isolate errors in credit card processing for an online tax payment app vs a county's tax database due to a Java code rounding error. It takes a lot of time, and they have only been able to put their normal number of staff member on it for roughly 1.5 working days because it happened over the weekend. Give them some time to sort it out.
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Elvaanmoq
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    Yeah, "some time", as in 3 days now?

I wonder how many months worth of "free subscription" are we getting after this. For all I know, I don't want any, I just want to be able to log in.

So many years paying them on time, why don't I get the same from this company?
    (0)

Player
    This issue HAS not been resolved, and this is so rediculous, same error code since Friday morning for me,,,,,,,My main and 2 mules, cant get past the reactivation bs, give me a same error code....SE PLEASE Speak true and resolve this issue for us.
    (0)

Character
    Sacher
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    @Raist...I would "chill" if I wasn't paying for a service I cannot use. I have 3 accounts and all three are tried to the same card and bank and only one is messed up. People tend to forget SE is a business and we are their customers. They bring in over 5 mill a month (A MONTH) in subscription fees. As a paying customer, I EXPECT MORE! If you do not care what a business does to you great for you. As for me, well I know of many company's that can fix bugs in less than a day. The issue is SE honestly does not care how long it takes.
    (1)

Character
    Ariane
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    @ Sacher.... chill a little dude. For all we know, they may be having to sift through individual records to find the problem, verify whether an account should have qualified for refund, or whether it should have by normal billing practices been disabled after the billing took place. I've had to go through a manual process like that to isolate errors in credit card processing for an online tax payment app vs a county's tax database due to a Java code rounding error. It takes a lot of time, and they have only been able to put their normal number of staff member on it for roughly 1.5 working days because it happened over the weekend. Give them some time to sort it out.
    I have seen the same situation as Raist has. This type of problem is by no means limited to SE. Crap happens, and unfortunately it is not always so easy to undo the problem efficiently and quickly. Please try to keep in mind too that 1) after the recent disaster in Japan, it is doubtful that the SE offices there are currently fully staffed and 100% back up to their normal speed, and 2) for the people who don't understand why very little was seemingly done over the weekend, it is normal for most companies to have a very limited tech / finance staff over weekends. Have you ever tried to call your cable company or ISP over a weekend to resolve a billing/account issue? More often than not, you will be asked to call back during "regular business hours" for the billing department. These are also companies that people expect to have high levels of up time, and they are not perfect either - but are generally dealing with a much smaller (local) subscriber base.

For the people saying that these problems should be responded to by getting another free play period, think of it this way - the company is already comping you 4 weeks of play for your 2 weeks of potential downtime. I think it is more than fair on their part already. Please, just try to have some patience while they work on getting things back to normal.

Finally, if you find that the level of service we receive is so bad that you can't stand it, quitting the game over it is your prerogative. It's a valid move on your part if you are not satisfied and does send the message to SE in a way they understand since it affects their bottom line. I personally think that SE is probably trying to deal with the problem as best that they can given their current situation in Japan, and that we should try to be more patient in general. Quite often the bigger a company gets, the slower it is able to address problems like this, just because of the size of the player base.
    (1)

Also have to understand this billing process is scripted to run on "auto-pilot" for the most part. The error occured during the night on the weekend in JP Time. So they were not able to put full man power on it until Monday morning their time, which was Sunday night NA time. For instance, as I am writing this it is 9:49PM Tuesday night for them, but 8:49AM my time. Not exactly the "normal business hours".

http://www.timezonecheck.com/
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast