Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Botting in the Boyahda Tree

I was trying to get some Boyahda Moss to feed the sheep I'm raising in my mog garden, and decided that the Boyahda Tree would be the best place to find some. Only when I arrived there I found no less than three bots farming all the Elder Goobbues for Wisteria Lumber. I would love to see this taken care of as I am not a fan of bots, however the only solution I can think of would be to lower the npc price of Wisteria Lumber.
    (0)

Player
    we have that problem on a regular basis on odin server. i can garantee SE will do absolutely dick about it. they wont lower the price of lumber cuz that would be unfair to all players. and they wont ban the bots either. i feel the same as you, but they only thing you can do is report to a gm, get told by that same gm to file a report with the STF since they nerfed the gms, (see dictionary under the word "castration") file a report with the STF and watch as nothing gets done. its simple. botters pay like everybody else to play. if they ban all the botters, there goes at least a good 10% of the current player population on any server. never mind that they are in obvious violation of the user agreement and TOS. its the corporate mentality, and that will never change.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Just how profitable could that be? I mean 3 bots in a small place like that just npcing stuff sounds like kinda meh gil in this day and age. I'd think any number of things would be better
    (1)

Player
    depends. if u have a full 80 slots open and nothing but stacks of lumber ur looking at over 5 mil right there. and take into account that most of these bots are prolly mules, and only have thf to 99 with spark gear, they prolly have mog sacks and inv to 80 slots. 15 mil easily for just letting the bot run. and run they will. basically free gil since the bot is actually doing all the work unless somebody manages to mpk it they way they do reive bots. and i repeat, gms cant do anything about it, wont even poke their noses into the zone to acknowledge that its even going on. same lame excuse every time. "file a report with the STF". translation: nothing will be done cuz we dont care.
    (0)

Player
    if i was a gm, i would think that if enuff ppl complained, my boss would let me do something at least
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by jbtexan View Post
    depends. if u have a full 80 slots open and nothing but stacks of lumber ur looking at over 5 mil right there. and take into account that most of these bots are prolly mules, and only have thf to 99 with spark gear, they prolly have mog sacks and inv to 80 slots. 15 mil easily for just letting the bot run. and run they will. basically free gil since the bot is actually doing all the work unless somebody manages to mpk it they way they do reive bots. and i repeat, gms cant do anything about it, wont even poke their noses into the zone to acknowledge that its even going on. same lame excuse every time. "file a report with the STF". translation: nothing will be done cuz we dont care.
    I meant in terms of gil/hr not how much you could accumulate before leaving. As you mentioned you could bot reives and there is no limit to the amount of balyd you can accumulate so some literally let them run for days which imo is kinda wasteful since you are going to cap sparks before than but meh
    (0)

Player
    i can make prolly around 500k gil in a couple of hours, more if i save more room for lumber. if i was a botter, i would let the bot run before i go to sleep and just let him farm. doing it that way, gil/hr is irrelevant. when i wake up, ill have a full inventory and if the bot is set right, it will only be lumber. besides, like i said, it is more than likely a mule on a throwaway acct. just in case somebody actually decides to do something about it. for once, im actually glad im on xbox. we dont have any mods for this game to my knowledge.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Don't they just mass pull the goobues? Only one mob is claimed at any time. Just follow the bots and pick off their crowd.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Don't they just mass pull the goobues? Only one mob is claimed at any time. Just follow the bots and pick off their crowd.
    there are usually 3 to 5 bots at any given time running, and 3 are usually in the main area with 1 or 2 off in side areas. and they dont mass pull, they do single kills with auto targeting for steady kills. with that many bots picking em off as they spawn, u usually dont get anywhere. i guess the bots themselves kinda shoot themselves in the foot having so many bots in the same place targeting the same mobs. personally, i think they should all be banned, but if SE wont enforce their own rules, they they should at least let us mpk em or have the gms do it. but, like i said, gms are nerfed and the stf wont do anything about em. i have even seen a lot of ppl quit because of the bots. if SE wants to ruin their own game, they are doing a pretty decent job of it. i cant really say anything good for their enforcement.
    (0)

Character
    Neika
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    We've gotten rid of them a few times on Ragnarock, but they're only usually gone for a few days, and then they're back.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast