Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Supposedly people have been receiving bans lately. It's possible that the STF route does work.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    or inundate STF with so many reports that they have to do something about it because they are tired of reading the report.
    There are hundreds of things I'd like to see SE address before they decide to tackle Boyahda Tree bots.
    (3)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    There are hundreds of things I'd like to see SE address before they decide to tackle Boyahda Tree bots.
    It's not just the Boyahda tree bots. I would like something to be done about all the bots I run into. It's just really annoying to have a place you want to play the game in taken up by people not actually playing the game. I saw someone mention that bots could just join reives and farm balyd. Well they do that too. There are also people using bots to grind out job points. The amount people using bots in the game is too damn high. Maybe the better solution would be to just give GMs a little more power. If they don't want the bots banned that's fine, but if legit people want to use a zone, the GMs should be able to be called and warp the bots out.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    On the flip side someone on ffxiah.com is reporting that he made a character on an xbox account, moved them to vomp hill, and then reported them for botting on his main character. The character had never performed a single action but was still warped back to its hp after his report was made. I guess the guy could be telling a story but if that's true it seems like people will file STF reports for any player they don't like just to get them banned.
    (1)

Player
    I'd be fine with this (referring to warping out botters so real people can use the zone) though I personally don't mind people botting so much, the grind in this game can be pretty hefty so I understand and feel bad at people getting banned for trying to reduce it, though I am glad when they nerf NPCsellable prices etc to reduce inflation, botting for gil seems less harmless to me, but still not something I really care about.

But yeah I wouldn't mind if say, players who stay in a zone more than say 4 hours have to answer a several little pop up question box questionnaire every 4 hours to be able to stay in there (In other words: prove they're human.)
    (3)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    It's not just the Boyahda tree bots. I would like something to be done about all the bots I run into. It's just really annoying to have a place you want to play the game in taken up by people not actually playing the game. I saw someone mention that bots could just join reives and farm balyd. Well they do that too. There are also people using bots to grind out job points. The amount people using bots in the game is too damn high. Maybe the better solution would be to just give GMs a little more power. If they don't want the bots banned that's fine, but if legit people want to use a zone, the GMs should be able to be called and warp the bots out.
    Report those other bots then. There's a reason I phrased my statement that way.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    While I haven't gotten a tell in a long time once a upon a time gms would go around seeing if players were afk (or fleeing or whatever) and do something if not. Some were rather funny too like [GM]Whatshisname>> Please turn around, wave and tell me which race is the best.

Wouldn't really take too long either 1-2 minutes to send someone a tell maybe another 1-2 if they don't respond at first to try a couple more times to make sure as things do get lost in the log then idk warp them somewhere funny like next to an nm or something
    (0)

Player
    of course, as i have stated before, and as even the GMs themselves have stated, GMs got a bigtime nerf when the STF was created. since that day, their power was cut in half. the only things they can really do anything about is for example, players using speed hacks. lets face it folks, the days of the GMs getting involved are over. this is a different day and age, a different breed, a different era.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah and going the stf route is bad in other ways too. Like how it is completely disconnected from the players. A GM could talk to you and you could talk to them. STF makes some decision from on high and you can't talk to them or anyone that even knows what actually happened or why. They say you are a rmt without a shred of proof because it never happened? A customer rep tells you too bad so bad and forcibly disconnects chat on you.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3