Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well the skillchain thing and halving the ready timers is pretty big in itself unless they only give lvl 1 properties
    Some of the ones mentioned should have the same attribute as the BLU spell. There's obviously a lot more that don't have a BLU equivalent, but ones like Wild Oats and Spiral Spin, can be used to make a level 2
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    Some of the ones mentioned should have the same attribute as the BLU spell. There's obviously a lot more that don't have a BLU equivalent, but ones like Wild Oats and Spiral Spin, can be used to make a level 2
    I suppose it's possible and I wouldn't put it past SE but part of the reason those blu spells have only lvl 1 properties is because they are low level similar to how low lvl ws often do too. I'd hope SE would be smart enough to put at least lvl 2 on at least 1 ability that a high level pet can use so we can make lvl 3 skillchains. Similarly how both auto and avatars have lvl 2 elements on their physical skills. If we are stuck with lvl 2 skillchains that would be a huge blow to this job adjustment
    (1)

Player
    Just a few things that stood out to me.

Razor Fang (damage varies with TP) is a wrecking machine on fodder mobs doing 6k~9k damage to monsters in jungle and bird zone. You can also do Razor Fang > Ruinator (Detonation) > Claw Cyclone (Scission). Went to Woh Gates and fought some IT bats and Tiger was still tearing things up. Razor Fang was averaging 3300~4k damage at ~0 TP. I was able to chain up to 17 solo.

Next I decided to try some VD content, these were just some suicidal solo runs to see how bad damage/accuracy would fall off on high level challenges. Fought TT Ark (VD). With 1065 Pet Accuracy All Razor Fangs landed 15/15 times. And damage was 1400~2600 each time at near ~0 TP. Similar results against Hume Ark (VD).

Amigo Sabotender's 1000 needles was changed to ??? Needles, 3 charges, Area of Effect varies with TP. (Im guessing more tp = larger radius?) Amigo still caps at 75 so he doesn't last very long on relevant content, However ??? Needles seems to do random damage. I've seen as low as 1034 and as high as 8409 to single targets. I can only see ths pet being useful for Unleash spamming, but keeping him alive long enough to make full use of those 60 seconds will be a challenge.

Colibiri was a bit of a let down. Low attack, evasion, and defense. Only has pecking furry. Does not seem to mimic/reflect magic.

Spider was a bit better. Sickle Slash ( critical chance varies with TP ) was pretty impressive at 5k~7k on fodder and 1000~2100 on VD Arks. Sickle Slash > Calamity made distortion.

DroopyDortwin's wild carrot recovered 1224 HP at ~345 TP.
    (4)
    Last edited by Mavrick; 02-20-2015 at 02:32 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    So while the damage on some moves was kind of nice the skillchain properties leave a lot to be desired. Only the grasshopper and tulfaire have a move with level 2 properties . And no ready move seems to have more than 1 property... mean while avatars recently got given lvl 2 and lvl 1 properties for each of their lvl 70 bps
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So while the damage on some moves was kind of nice the skillchain properties leave a lot to be desired. Only the grasshopper and tulfaire have a move with level 2 properties . And no ready move seems to have more than 1 property... mean while avatars recently got given lvl 2 and lvl 1 properties for each of their lvl 70 bps
    That's a bummer!
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    But look on the bright side. We can skillchain with our pets! If you asked me 3 months ago if SE would ever implement this, I would look at you disgusted, shake my head, then walk away.
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    But look on the bright side. We can skillchain with our pets! If you asked me 3 months ago if SE would ever implement this, I would look at you disgusted, shake my head, then walk away.
    True just this limits our abilities to skillchain abit since most of the higher ws are just lvl 2/3 elements which don't play as nice with. It was what I feared when they announced it. Kinda shoehorns in the tulfaire into most likely being topic jug as if it's slashing resistance didn't already sorta do that.

Though doing this testing did make it clear to me that bst is the only job I think besides sam that gets a ws of each lvl 2 element... if only we had save tp 25 weapon so we could solo 5 step lights lol
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Actually, Sheep has a level 2 as well, in Sheep Charge. This is all the skillchain properties I determined from the testing I did for what I had immediately on hand:

Sheep Charge - Fusion/Reverberation
    Lamb Chop - Impaction/Induration
    Recoil Dive - Transfixion
    Razor Fang - Impaction
    Claw Cyclone - Scission
    Back Heel - Reverberation/Impaction
    Swooping Frenzy - Fusion/Reverberation
    Pentapeck - Distortion, didn't get a chance to check for a second element.

So yeah, we're still limited on Level 2 properties, but at least with Cloudsplitter we can make Light with our pets. :P
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Falkirk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Double-check your Sheep Charge tests, it doesn't combine in ways that imply Fusion. Only Reverberation.

What were your skillchain results that lead to concluding multiple properties?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45...ium/2/#2828397
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I unfortunately did not record the actual process, only the results, and they were preliminary ones when I was waiting for some linkshell members, so I never got around to double-checking them. I probably made a mistake in my testing, especially since I don't have Cloudsplitter (didn't play BST much since Abyssea until recently) to be 100% sure on Fusion. I'll take your testing over mine, since yours is far more in-depth. XD
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast