Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    More than 3 charges would be a bit much. What would be a better solution is to introduce a way to further reduce the time for a charge to recharge.

Beastmaster is a unbalanced right now. Because the pet now has increased damage it also has increased enmity and attract the attention of foes more often. Some have mentioned that the pets are two squishy. The actual case is that they're now taking more damage than typical. The pets need a buff to durability. Introducing some new food or gear that offers, DT, BDT, PDT, and MDT for the pet would be much welcomed. New COR rolls that focus on the pet, especially the pets durability, would also be welcomed.

With the news that empyrean gear will now be reforged to the 119 level, I have hope that the bst empyrean pants will give more to stout servant that is currently available. This would begin the buff to the pet's durability, but I'm sure it won't be the end.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    More than 3 charges would be a bit much. What would be a better solution is to introduce a way to further reduce the time for a charge to recharge.

Beastmaster is a unbalanced right now. Because the pet now has increased damage it also has increased enmity and attract the attention of foes more often. Some have mentioned that the pets are two squishy. The actual case is that they're now taking more damage than typical. The pets need a buff to durability. Introducing some new food or gear that offers, DT, BDT, PDT, and MDT for the pet would be much welcomed. New COR rolls that focus on the pet, especially the pets durability, would also be welcomed.

With the news that empyrean gear will now be reforged to the 119 level, I have hope that the bst empyrean pants will give more to stout servant that is currently available. This would begin the buff to the pet's durability, but I'm sure it won't be the end.
    Idk more recharge reduction would end up being more powerful than more charges. As is it's already possible to get it down to 10 second recast... you go much lower and you'd see a couple of bsts pets non stop skillchaining...

Speaking of that gear you should see the sets I'm working on .

And yeah reforged legs makes me feel 2 ways... if it's just the 2% well I already can do much better while getting other pet stats. If it's higher well it will save me some money maybe
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    2 bst can already infinite skillchain with Scissorleg or Bouncing Bertha. I'm not talking about a 5 second reduction, but more like a 1-2 second reduction.

I hope stout servant on the AF3 legs will be worth it, too.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    2 bst can already infinite skillchain with Scissorleg or Bouncing Bertha. I'm not talking about a 5 second reduction, but more like a 1-2 second reduction.

I hope stout servant on the AF3 legs will be worth it, too.
    Still just saying could be crazy... er. If nothing else af3 legs should save me some gil on taeon for awhile. And hopefully body will have decent enough stats to be able to tp and/or ws in again if only when KI is up
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yeah, the body would be hot.
    (1)

Player

Only a handful of NMs will actually pose a problem for pet survivability. As long as pet is not face tanking the NM full time, you usually have enough time to get Reward back up (52s recast). With 7k~10k fangs on some fights Tiger is pumping out 40k~60k damage per min on some NMs but a well geared DNC/THF can usually rip hate and buy you some time. Those RNG-Only fights might be another issue though. I haven't done any on BST, but (correct me if Im wrong) decoy shot tranfers enmity to the PLD, this would pretty much mean pet is only taking damage from AOEs right? assuming PLD+RNG combo can keep hate. I know moderately geared, Fang does ~2.5k~3.7k to VD Arks every ~10s how does RNG damage compared to that?
    (0)
    Last edited by Mavrick; 03-15-2015 at 08:56 PM.

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Not from my experience. Most times I have to hold back my pet so that someone else can take hate. I guess that's the tragic part of being geared too well, and my Aymur doesn't help with that either. lol

This reminds me of the old days of leveling bst where the master had to purposely gimp themselves to avoid taking hate.

Our AF3 will become 119. Currently, according to wiki, the legs provides 2% -DT. Let's see what the 119 version provides.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    That's pretty much how it works for anyone on the front lines now. The amount of dps you need to do to win the fight before timing out will have you at cap, so everyone needs a good -DT set.
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Stack those dawn mulsums!

I also hate pld's who think they don't have to tank because the pet has hate. x.x
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't know if it's really the pld's fault. Once hate is capped it's pretty much capped. It's going to attack whoever hit it last, and I bet pets hit faster than plds. I don't even think they can even use cover on pets, not that cover lasts as long as it needs too.
    (2)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast