Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Segagamer
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    There are at least two if not three mythics were that statement is extremely questionable lol.
    I admit some of them are laughable, but generally most of them are the best things to happen to a job, yagrush is a prime example of this.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    There are at least two if not three mythics were that statement is extremely questionable lol.
    Thread is silly, but curious about the third. Rdm and Rng (I'm actually curious how well they'd perform with Trueflight now) are a given, what's the third?
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Thread is silly, but curious about the third. Rdm and Rng (I'm actually curious how well they'd perform with Trueflight now) are a given, what's the third?
    I think rng assuming you buff/debuff for it might be crazy. Shame though the aftermath doesn't work on ws like other mythics nor does it work on barrage for some reason and I think double shot as well.

Also somewhat depends on what you mean by "best". Like rdm might be best for melee rdm but lol at that.

Also are you counting pre-3000tping are you counting keeping aftermath up constantly? Those things play a factor. I would reckon a better statement would've been amongst the best.

Ones that I think might not be the absolute best but still good right now are:

Given how Oax works with h2h probably Glanzfaust for mnk.
    Isn't gswd still better for war and drk?
    Nin mythics high delay probably actually ends up costing it attacks/tp with Daken and Kamu still sucks.
    iirc Nirvana was only best for physical/hybrid dmg BPs which are out of favor and oddly enough nuking on smn/sch lol. Well and -perp time but you can cap that and max refresh without that.
    And I think for nuking mages Marin will win on wind and Ngqoqwanb on ice
    Also I'd question Yag in a way. Yes it is the best at what it does best but kinda like with smn and nuking staffs you will still need other weapons to be the best at doing other things your job needs to do
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 01-21-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Not knowing what you mean by I have one requirement but, you can't compare the weapons at 75 or 90.

The weapons go to 119, you have to compare them AT THAT LEVEL. Anyone can make an 80 Empy, it gives you nothing, and yes a mythic to 75 is harder. But it's apples and oranges unless you go to (current) final stage. And the point is each one is hard and time consuming in different ways. YMMV - but no, a 119 Empy (or 99 in the case of the harp) is NOT easier and I am standing by that.
    What I'm saying is this, because of how I read your first reply. You're just missing the Alexandrite, which is 30k. So you have the 3 ZNM pop, The 100k Ichor/1 Balrahn's Eyepatch, 150k Tokens/Wyrmseeker Areuhat , The 5 Assault Journals (50 Assaults cleared again). That will make 1 mythic weapon, and I give you kudoes, because that's impressive. But all that only makes the 1 Mythic, you have to complete the 50 assaults again to re-do the journals for the next. So you may have like 100,000,000,000 Tokens or Ichor, but you can't complete multiple instances of those Journals (also if you have a one hundred billion of anything like that, you deserve all the internets.) This is where I have the problem. If no one wants to back up allowing for more ID tags then, this part needs to change where at MIN, I only have to do all the Assaults 101 times for the completion portion. This will net you a level 75 Mythic, in comparison: The relics time frame, if you're lucky enough to have all the parts and pieces would take you a Single JPM, then 10 days and 10 hours, and you can then you could turn around and do another almost instantaneously, and again that gives you a level 75 weapon. Then you look at the Empyreans, let's take the harp, because it's the one you mention, While it's hard to compare them in a true fashion as they don't really 'unlock' until 90, but you have to have 50 Iron plate, 75 Colorless Souls, and I think 75 more Horns or Fangs. This part sucks because you can't 'buy' these technically, but a BLU or RDM, maybe even a PUP with the right setup can easily extend their time in Abyssea and only have to spend like 1 or 2 stones for the start time, and farm the items for as long as they have the sanity. The ID tags are once every 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Segagamer View Post
    I myself would rather have the option to enter alone and fail a couple of assaults rather than wait for people that need the same assault that I could solo easily.
    I can't even fathom this. The requirements to making the weapons is the you have to CLEAR the assault. Failing it does nothing for you. So if you are going to enter an assault alone only to fail because you can't complete it in the time frame given with a single person, that's better than having to wait for people? That makes no sense what so ever. Yes, I could re-do other assault and get the 1 point to raise my rank to First Lieutenant, which okay, that's fine, but If I can't do ALL the assaults I'll never get to Captain which is the base requirement for making the weapon, and doesn't matter if I have all the other things.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 01-21-2015 at 12:48 PM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Segagamer
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    I can't even fathom this. The requirements to making the weapons is the you have to CLEAR the assault. Failing it does nothing for you. So if you are going to enter an assault alone only to fail because you can't complete it in the time frame given with a single person, that's better than having to wait for people? That makes no sense what so ever. Yes, I could re-do other assault and get the 1 point to raise my rank to First Lieutenant, which okay, that's fine, but If I can't do ALL the assaults I'll never get to Captain which is the base requirement for making the weapon, and doesn't matter if I have all the other things.
    You're not understanding what I'm saying.
    Having to form a group for the few that can't be soloed is more convenient than getting groups for the rest of the 50 that can.

What you're asking for in this thread is to be able to do 50 assaults potentially in one day. The only way I could get behind being able to buy tags is if it costs a ridiculous amount of gil, imperial standing or even alex per tag.
    (0)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    That will make 1 mythic weapon, and I give you kudoes, because that's impressive. But all that only makes the 1 Mythic, you have to complete the 50 assaults again to re-do the journals for the next.
    And again, stop comparing the weapons AT 75!

If I wanted a second Empy I would have to get 1500 HMP - AGAIN, and lemme tell you supply of those isn't going up and the price isn't going down. And then another 60 dross or Altana forbid cinder, which drop from 4 NMs that pretty much NO ONE likes doing, can't really be solo'd and have terrible drop rates.

So again, they are both hard, for different reasons and stop comparing the weapons at anything less than 99.
    (2)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    How about you just not get a mythic weapon if it's too tough for you? There's a reason for the stiff requirements. These weapons are very powerful. I know, I know. A thing exists and you want it so you have the inherent right to have it. But maybe you should reframe and deal with not always getting what you want.
    (0)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I am not allowed to mock the RNG one as I know someone with it.

The NIN one however has always made me explode in a fit of giggles.
    (0)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Quote Originally Posted by Segagamer View Post
    You're not understanding what I'm saying.
    Having to form a group for the few that can't be soloed is more convenient than getting groups for the rest of the 50 that can.

What you're asking for in this thread is to be able to do 50 assaults potentially in one day. The only way I could get behind being able to buy tags is if it costs a ridiculous amount of gil, imperial standing or even alex per tag.
    My apologize for the misunderstand on that, but there doesn't need to be gil attached to this idea. I'm okay with having to do a quest, or farm some item in the ToAU areas, but something to make the recharge of the tags faster than a 24 hour span, ANYTHING.

And again, stop comparing the weapons AT 75!

If I wanted a second Empy I would have to get 1500 HMP - AGAIN, and lemme tell you supply of those isn't going up and the price isn't going down. And then another 60 dross or Altana forbid cinder, which drop from 4 NMs that pretty much NO ONE likes doing, can't really be solo'd and have terrible drop rates.

So again, they are both hard, for different reasons and stop comparing the weapons at anything less than 99.
    To be honest, it's you that should stop comparing things at 119. My comparison is the Difficulty to obtain the Unlocked Starting Stage of them, Which for the Relic and Mythic starts at lvl 75, and for the Empyrean at lvl 90. I don't even care about the higher up levels, because if I can't get the base to begin with then there is no "Level 99" or ilvl119. You can buy you HMP or any other item you want passed the base stage, REGARDLESS of whether or not they're available. Also, I see shouts for Ig-Alima and Morta. In fact, I saw one tonight before I when out. So, seeing how you and I are on the same server, I know that people at least try to do them.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    How about you just not get a mythic weapon if it's too tough for you? There's a reason for the stiff requirements. These weapons are very powerful. I know, I know. A thing exists and you want it so you have the inherent right to have it. But maybe you should reframe and deal with not always getting what you want.

I'm not some spoiled child that's Asking for a hand me out. I have no problems doing the assaults. I'll do them, I just want the system to be looked at. I've seen the people complain about the same time Lamps in Nyzul, and I've seen the "SERVER MERGE pls". I've asked for help both in yells and in my old LS, but I've only had 1 time someone actually did an assault with me and that's because they needed it for the journal. If there aren't people to help then I have to do what I can to complete them, and I've done well, but there are assault you can't do alone. Why am I in the wrong? If you have one and you have had help in a vast majority, then you don't need to judge. It's not like I'm doing it alone because I want to. I'd be happy to have someone help me if it was available. The Searat Salvation for instance, I failed the first time I did it. I read up on it, and did what I could, but that still didn't stop me from failing on my first go. The Apkallu Breed, Thank God I read up on it, because them speaking Morse Code would have been impossible to figure out in 15 mins with one person looking for a Female that can't be lead. Not to mention, the Evade and Escape mission, that falls into the same area as the Nyzul Isle Same Time Lamps which is impossible to do with one person. Yet, I'm in the wrong for not being able to find help?
    (5)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast