Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    "Starter" weapon means nothing.

A starter mythic is a Nyzul drop anyway.

The only way to compare RMEs is at their only relevant level, which is currently 119 for anything but instruments and shields.

And yes people try to do the NMs, a bit, see the part where the drop rate is ATROCIOUS.

At least if you wake up in the morning and say "today I will work on my Mythic" you can then go and do SOMETHING to work on it. Farm some Alex, do an Assault, run Ein, etc.

I can wake up tomorrow, run as many Bismarks as I can convince people to blow voidstones on, and Not. Get. A. Single. Riftcinder.

And you know, have the one person who managed to get one offer it to me for 3 to 5 mil.

Lemme tell you, that kind of lack of progress really kills your will get going. The Mythic requirements? I did some every week with other people including a person who won a Cat's Eye. Sure it wasn't fast, but hey! It got done. And if someone as generally unmotivated as me could show up every week to run Assaults and then Nyzul and get Salvage clears etc, I'm sure you can do it too.
    (0)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    I'm not some spoiled child that's Asking for a hand me out. I have no problems doing the assaults. I'll do them, I just want the system to be looked at. I've seen the people complain about the same time Lamps in Nyzul, and I've seen the "SERVER MERGE pls". I've asked for help both in yells and in my old LS, but I've only had 1 time someone actually did an assault with me and that's because they needed it for the journal. If there aren't people to help then I have to do what I can to complete them, and I've done well, but there are assault you can't do alone. Why am I in the wrong? If you have one and you have had help in a vast majority, then you don't need to judge. It's not like I'm doing it alone because I want to. I'd be happy to have someone help me if it was available. The Searat Salvation for instance, I failed the first time I did it. I read up on it, and did what I could, but that still didn't stop me from failing on my first go. The Apkallu Breed, Thank God I read up on it, because them speaking Morse Code would have been impossible to figure out in 15 mins with one person looking for a Female that can't be lead. Not to mention, the Evade and Escape mission, that falls into the same area as the Nyzul Isle Same Time Lamps which is impossible to do with one person. Yet, I'm in the wrong for not being able to find help?
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. The arbitrary time sinks are just brutal. Instead of doing 50 assaults all over again. Can we have 10 or 20 new 99/119 Assaults? I mean, it's just so tedious and not even challenging...you do the assaults once to get Captain...and it's not like it's even challenging the second time around. ....The same is true for second and third mythics.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    "Starter" weapon means nothing.

A starter mythic is a Nyzul drop anyway.

The only way to compare RMEs is at their only relevant level, which is currently 119 for anything but instruments and shields.

And yes people try to do the NMs, a bit, see the part where the drop rate is ATROCIOUS.

At least if you wake up in the morning and say "today I will work on my Mythic" you can then go and do SOMETHING to work on it. Farm some Alex, do an Assault, run Ein, etc.

I can wake up tomorrow, run as many Bismarks as I can convince people to blow voidstones on, and Not. Get. A. Single. Riftcinder.

And you know, have the one person who managed to get one offer it to me for 3 to 5 mil.

Lemme tell you, that kind of lack of progress really kills your will get going. The Mythic requirements? I did some every week with other people including a person who won a Cat's Eye. Sure it wasn't fast, but hey! It got done. And if someone as generally unmotivated as me could show up every week to run Assaults and then Nyzul and get Salvage clears etc, I'm sure you can do it too.
    I'm not talking about the vigil weapon... I'm talking about the ACTUAL item itself: The Kenkoken, the Nirvana, the Burtgang... THESE are the UNLOCKED Starting Stages. As these are the actual base for the weapon when they become usable to some degree. I've done Voidwatch and I know the drop rate suck, but the Daurdable becomes USABLE at level 90 after completing the Abyssea section of its creation. And you have more chance to make up for the crappy drop rates, because you can do 6 runs of it Back to back, then go back and grab more stones and do it all again. And so what if that person offers you that thing for X gil, you can still do other things to raise the gil to buy the thing. If you have a problem with the drop rate, then join the people that share your concern and raise cane about it, but Again YOU HAD HELP!! So don't lecture me about the difficulty of this being perfectly fine when you DIDN'T do it alone!! I get 1:1 shot to do an assault, one. If I'm unlucky and pick one that I can't solo, then I don't get a do over.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 01-21-2015 at 04:30 PM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Out of the Mythic requirements the only thing I ever found slightly annoying is the fact that assaults and Nyzul share the same tags so you can't burn through those requirements at the same time, personally I have done the Ichor stage and recently finished all 50 assaults. I had the luxury of being able to duo the assaults but in most cases the assaults were soloable, a few were a lot easier with 2 and probably only Lebros Supplies needs more than 2, it's not hard just time consuming.

To be frank unless you're constantly buying alexandrite, you are going to finish the other tasks long before you farm 30k alex anyway so I don't see the complaints, loads of mythics are already being made, I can't see the need to lower the requirements.
    (1)

You want the best weapon? Prepare to put time into it, oh, you don't.
    That's all I am reading, "I don't want to do this work". Well, then don't and move on. You're not finding any support or sympathy here.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 01-21-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Player
    I have made 5 mythics. The requirements are reasonable. Mythics, Relics, and Empyreans when they were introduced all required multiple people to make. Just because SE made it easier over time by increasing our levels and even allowing parts of the requirements to be solo'd doesn't mean automatically that all of it should be made soloable. If you are having trouble getting people to help you out, then find a LS to help you out, find others making mythics to help you out, pay people to help you out, or switch servers. There are a lot of people making mythics out there, maybe for some reason your server isn't, I don't know, I'm not on your server. If you don't like your situation, find a solution to it, don't complain and ruin the situation for everyone else. People need to stop trying to make this game easier. What is the point of playing a game where the most awesome of items are obtained with little effort? If it was up to me these weapons would be made even more difficult to get.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    You want the best weapon? Prepare to put time into it, oh, you don't.
    That's all I am reading, "I don't want to do this work". Well, then don't and move on. You're not finding any support or sympathy here.
    Then you're reading something wrong, or you're simple inept. I've done work. I've done an *** ton of work. I hunted down the 3 Kings alone, I've cleared the salvages, I've made one of the pops for the T4 ZNM, and working on the 2nd now, I've soloed 23 out of the 26 assaults that I've completed, I formed a party and got the clear for Odin. So stop being some high and mighty elitist. I never said any of the things you're implying, so STFU! I'm tired of being bully and picked on for SE crappy design. If the GAME says: REQUIREMENTS: 1-6 that means that 1 person should be able to do it. That's my problem, 1 person CAN NOT. I've joined 3 LS and most of them are far to busy spamming crap that requires RNG, COR, or some other job I don't have ready. They changed the number of people required because there are less and less people. But the system is still flawed if I still can't complete it. They need to either allow for do-overs up to a certain amount of times, a way to gain an extra chance, add time for X# of players, or/and some assaults so that their mechanics can be done without the aid of someone else.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 01-21-2015 at 11:25 PM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    Then you're reading something wrong, or you're simple inept. I've done work. I've done an *** ton of work. I hunted down the 3 Kings alone, I've cleared the salvages, I've made one of the pops for the T4 ZNM, and working on the 2nd now, I've soloed 23 out of the 26 assaults that I've completed, I formed a party and got the clear for Odin. So stop being some high and mighty elitist. I never said any of the things you're implying, so STFU! I'm tired of being bully and picked on for SE crappy design. If the GAME says: REQUIREMENTS: 1-6 that means that 1 person should be able to do it. That's my problem, 1 person CAN NOT. I've joined 3 LS and most of them are far to busy spamming crap that requires RNG, COR, or some other job I don't have ready. They changed the number of people required because there are less and less people. But the system is still flawed if I still can't complete it. They need to either allow for do-overs up to a certain amount of times, a way to gain an extra chance, add time for X# of players, or/and some assaults so that their mechanics can be done without the aid of someone else.
    It's not crappy design. It was designed with 3-6, not 1-6. they only recently allowed less than 3. that doesn't mean you are entitled to be able to accomplish it with less than 3. It is your thinking that is flawed that you are entitled to be able to accomplish this solo.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    It's not crappy design. It was designed with 3-6, not 1-6. they only recently allowed less than 3. that doesn't mean you are entitled to be able to accomplish it with less than 3. It is your thinking that is flawed that you are entitled to be able to accomplish this solo.
    Then why bother changing the requirements at all? Hmm? My thinking isn't flawed. If the GAME DESIGNERS, change a requirement then they see that there's a problem with an element in the game. Legion, Delve, the level cap for story battles... changed. Why is this? Oh yeah, because people couldn't get the number of people that they need to do something because their weren't enough people to actually do it. I've been shouting for a linkshell. I've gone to the different Linkshell distribution people. So stop being a tool, when I'm doing work to get things done the best I can. I'm not asking for a free ride, I'm ask for a re-evaluation of a system that is still has its design based around there being an @$$ton of people to help.
    (0)

If you reply to the people in game as you have been replying to the good people here I can see why you have so much trouble with getting the hand full of things done that happen to need an extra soul or 2.

I really do not want to come over as rude, but the only problem I spot here is you.

The nature of this game is still to play with other people, and the fact that levels and gear enabled people to solo a couple of them doesn't change that nature.

And with this I will leave this convetsation because I have better things and smarter people to spend my time on.
    (2)

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast