Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Do you remember?

When was the last time you used either one of RDM's 1 hour abilities?

In all the time I've played RDM I've never had a reason to use chainspell and I've used Stymie exactly once when I was under the mistaken impression that it bypassed immunities (it does not).
    (0)

Player
    I use it when stunning occasionally but it's not really necessary these days, and stymie, uh, not really, imo Stymie should be rather like a continuous elemental seal, maximizing your Macc for 45 seconds or so, would be nice when you're hitting the stun or sleep wall etc.
    (4)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah stymie was garbage from the start. It's basically ES on a much longer timer and you don't get it till level 96
    (2)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah stymie was garbage from the start. It's basically ES on a much longer timer and you don't get it till level 96
    Didn't your testing actually show that it's worse than ES? It's only saving grace is it doesn't wear off if the enfeeble is resisted. :/
    (0)
    7/10/14

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekander View Post
    When was the last time you used either one of RDM's 1 hour abilities?

In all the time I've played RDM I've never had a reason to use chainspell and I've used Stymie exactly once when I was under the mistaken impression that it bypassed immunities (it does not).

I rarely use Chainspell, it's typically not needed unless i am doing chainspell raise, lol. maybe if i'm fighting something very difficult solo and it wipes all my buffs and so i chainspell my buffs back on. There really isn't anything to chainspell stun anymore like back at 75 cap days.

As for Stymie, I use it when I fight Wopket in large group. I use empy body, uk'uxkaj boots, stymie, saboteur, Distract2. It's great because don't even need to put on accuracy gear when it does the flash TP move. Mind you, this isn't necessary when doing Wopket with only 6 people. Don't even need SV madrigals when fighting it with only 6 (don't get me started on how I hate this system that penalizes large group play).

Other than that? no. don't need our 2 hours.
    (1)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I used to like chainspell for the last 5% of delve 1 bosses. Nowadays I don't use it much. It makes things easier when there's lots to do (perhaps the group has messed up and needs to recover). Stymie is pretty meh but I use it to force enfeebs onto bosses.
    (0)

Character
    Wakmidget
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I use Chainspell on the Transcendant Scorpion in Ceizak Delve if I'm ever on RDM there, it makes the last 50% a lot easier not having to worry about Stunga. But, other than that, I really don't use it either.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Actually we switched to blu terror for the scorp. It works really well!
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Didn't your testing actually show that it's worse than ES? It's only saving grace is it doesn't wear off if the enfeeble is resisted. :/
    More of a sidegrade really. It doesn't actually seem to increase accuracy like ES so odds of partial resists remain just as high just gets rid of the full resist. But you figure you'd be using it on things you couldn't land with ES... and the idea of landing 1 enfeeble an hour (which is weaker than geo debuffs which are unresistable) for only half duration or less is less than pleasing
    (0)

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Isn't that rather sad?

What are supposed to be very powerful abilities (and for almost every other job they are) are virtually useless for Red Mage.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast