Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Merits > Job Points!

Would it be wise for developers to allow us to spend Merits for Job Points?

I would even accept something ridiculous like 40 Merits in exchange for one Job Point.

Why? Because I noticed some people, even for Capacity Points parties, are STILL picky with what jobs come. A buddy of mine loves his Rune Fencer, but he has to resort to going to fight high-Level mobs (although they check Easy Prey in areas like Kuftal or Bohyada Tree).

As COR using Exp Roll and using all DD Trusts for faster kills, Chains were still under 140 Capacity Points when I tried it.

On a side note, if NIN can DD effectively now, why are they still not used in Seeker content when a DD is needed?
    (3)

Player
    On a side note, if NIN can DD effectively now, why are they still not used in Seeker content when a DD is needed?
    Because very few people play NIN. A NIN never asks me to join the party.

If you want to farm capacity points, the best place to do so is in the Gates areas of Adoulin, or Incursion.
    (0)
    Last edited by Crevox; 01-12-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimble View Post
    Would it be wise for developers to allow us to spend Merits for Job Points?

I would even accept something ridiculous like 40 Merits in exchange for one Job Point.

Why? Because I noticed some people, even for Capacity Points parties, are STILL picky with what jobs come. A buddy of mine loves his Rune Fencer, but he has to resort to going to fight high-Level mobs (although they check Easy Prey in areas like Kuftal or Bohyada Tree).

As COR using Exp Roll and using all DD Trusts for faster kills, Chains were still under 140 Capacity Points when I tried it.

No it would not be wise. Job Points are another type of leveling. Think of leveling your job 1-99. Would it have been acceptable to have been able to level your NIN from 1-99 by getting experience points on COR?
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The faster we can jp the better. I'm fully for merits to jp exchange.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    yeah faster is better! how about a button on the main menu that just gives you job points whenever you press it!

(Want faster job point grinding yes, but meripo is a seperate system and it should stay that way. Just boost the CAP gain rate, make chains better, or cut down the amount of CAP needed for a point)
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've ran out of reasons to use merit points. I have everything I need from these new fights. If they implemented this, then I would once again have a reason to merit. I'm not saying 1 merit = 1 jp. At the best, 30 merits = 1 jp. It's just something I can expend my merits on.
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    No it would not be wise. Job Points are another type of leveling. Think of leveling your job 1-99. Would it have been acceptable to have been able to level your NIN from 1-99 by getting experience points on COR?
    Yeah but I can get 1-99 from any number of ways not just killing high level monsters. Not to mention the amount of good cp pt camps is extremely limited which would be a problem if so many people weren't turned off by cp farming in the first place. Maybe if they made all the things that give xp also give CP that would be different...
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 01-13-2015 at 02:45 AM.

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah but I can get 1-99 from any number of ways not just killing high level monsters. Not to mention the amount of good cp pt camps is extremely limited which would be a problem if so many people weren't turned off by cp farming in the first place. Maybe if they made all the things that give xp also give CP that would be different...
    CP farm areas taken? Go to incursion; it's even customizable to how difficult you want it to be.

Even lower level mobs like level 95 give CP. Sure it's not a lot, but you wouldn't expect lower level mobs to give you a lot of exp either. It's supposed to be more difficult to get CP because basically what SE is doing is instituting a level "soft cap". When you have a soft cap, it takes a ridiculous amount to go up even the smallest amount of improvement (at least in other games that I have played that had a soft cap). If SE didn't do it this way then there would be no more progression except through ilevel gear. Should you be able to increase CP gain rate by stuff like CP rings? sure, we have exp rings too, makes sense. There should probably also be CP pages (like Miratete's Memoirs). Should we be able to convert merits to CP? no way.
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    CP farm areas taken? Go to incursion; it's even customizable to how difficult you want it to be.

Even lower level mobs like level 95 give CP. Sure it's not a lot, but you wouldn't expect lower level mobs to give you a lot of exp either. It's supposed to be more difficult to get CP because basically what SE is doing is instituting a level "soft cap". When you have a soft cap, it takes a ridiculous amount to go up even the smallest amount of improvement (at least in other games that I have played that had a soft cap). If SE didn't do it this way then there would be no more progression except through ilevel gear. Should you be able to increase CP gain rate by stuff like CP rings? sure, we have exp rings too, makes sense. There should probably also be CP pages (like Miratete's Memoirs). Should we be able to convert merits to CP? no way.
    Maybe exchange merits for CP pages then?
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    Maybe exchange merits for CP pages then?
    Be able to buy Vocation Rings with Merit Points?
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast