Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Style lock!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the development team currently has plans to implement an improved version of the /lockstyle feature. I will update when we hear more details.
    (19)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Wait, wait, wait... Just hold one just one second!
    Grekumah has good news?!?! Did I read that right?!
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Wait, wait, wait... Just hold one just one second!
    Grekumah has good news?!?! Did I read that right?!
    You mean the last three posts he made as well?

Relax.
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Either Camate was on vacation or he missed those past three. lol
    (0)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know that the development team currently has plans to implement an improved version of the /lockstyle feature. I will update when we hear more details.
    Can you seriously look into allowing some kind of style lock for weapons as long as you keep it the same weapon type, I really miss the nice visual pulse+particle effects on voidwatch/legion/meebles era weapons.
    It would also be a great way to make outdated content appealing for those of us that like to hunt down gear just for /lockstyle purpose.

Some of these weapons took a crazy amount of time/patience/luck to acquire and i'd really like to lockstyle them (e.g. /lockstyle my Borealis greatsword for the pretty glow+particle effect, and then switch to another greatsword without /lockstyle disabling the look of the Borealis)
    (5)
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post
    Can you seriously look into allowing some kind of style lock for weapons as long as you keep it the same weapon type, I really miss the nice visual pulse+particle effects on voidwatch/legion/meebles era weapons.
    It would also be a great way to make outdated content appealing for those of us that like to hunt down gear just for /lockstyle purpose.

Some of these weapons took a crazy amount of time/patience/luck to acquire and i'd really like to lockstyle them (e.g. /lockstyle my Borealis greatsword for the pretty glow+particle effect, and then switch to another greatsword without /lockstyle disabling the look of the Borealis)
    I imagine if they are improving style lock there are only two things that would be improvements. Locks being remembered across zone, and locks for weapons being remembered when the weapon change is to one of the same type

I find the latter to be the most likely. However, screw those gaudy glow effects

EDIT: I guess a third option where you change weapons but it doesnt affect the lock on other gear is a possibility too
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

I agree and I would like this too. The reason they gave for the weapon slot /lockstyle off situation, is that all character have different appearances while using different weapon classes, and this makes sense. But if you are swapping an ugly high level GS for a swish stylish-looking low level GS on lockstyle, for example, that shouldn't affect the character graphic appearance, and so this should be possible. I hope they are going to allow same-class weapon lockstyles, that would be fun.
    (1)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Keyboard for bard!
    (0)

Can you seriously look into allowing some kind of style lock for weapons as long as you keep it the same weapon type
    In the future update to /lockstyle, you will be able to lock weapons as well!

As long as it's the same weapon type, even if you swap it out the style lock will not go away.

We are planning to make it so only the lock is removed for weapons when you change the weapon type.
    (12)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Nice! I hope that extends to instruments and throwing items!
    (4)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast