Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ugh...again...AGAIN

Ok in the interest of getting this resolved in a timely matter (as in today so I can get mah login points). I put it to you guys: I bought a new Xbox 360, transferred everything from my old hard drive to the new properly even transferred the license and...this stupid game won't load. Specifically when I put the game in it says "the game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again. For more help, visit www.xbox.com/support." Will contact them right now and hope I do not get the runaround.
    UPDATE: Contacted Microsoft, any1 want to guess what they told me? They said because my 360 is an elite and my old one was a slim there may now be compatibility problems and I have to contact SE so they can maybe isolate the problem. Five bucks their going to send me here to fill out a dumb bug report
    (0)
    Last edited by Blah; 01-11-2015 at 10:31 AM. Reason: additional information
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

That's why it's nice to have PC version as a backup so you can just log in, even if it can't maintain the framerate to play.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Ah, I just went back to my old 360 temporarily (it still works) it is looking more and more like they (either Microsoft or Square) hasn't put a patch in so the elite will run the game, I just hope I don't have to write a bug report, this really seems like something one of them should automatically take care of.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    Ah, I just went back to my old 360 temporarily (it still works) it is looking more and more like they (either Microsoft or Square) hasn't put a patch in so the elite will run the game, I just hope I don't have to write a bug report, this really seems like something one of them should automatically take care of.
    I ran into the same problem. I gave up and just stuck to PC.
    (0)

Well for now it looks like just the elite is having this problem so for those of you who are thinking about it make sure to check that it says S not Elite, if it's up to Microsoft to fix it it will more than likely be fixed soon but if it's up to Square...
    (0)

Character
    Craptaculous
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Hello!

There is a known issue with the Xbox 360 data transfer kit and this game. Fortunately, I have the work around.

I too, found this out, when I changed from one 360 to another ( I changed from a standard whitebox one, to a slim).

At first I did just as you did, simply transfer all, and try to boot up FFXI. And I came to the same exact result as you. "blah blah please download again"

SO:
    I came to realize, that you CANNOT transfer the FFXI files. NONE.

The basic work around is one of two things:
    1) If your old 360 is not operational:
    When you go to transfer the files, If I remember correctly, you can either transfer all, or transfer selected folders/files. If that does indeed exist, then transfer all, EXCEPT the FFXI folder.
    2) If you old 360 is operational:
    Uninstall FFXI and delete all associated folders and files.
    Then connect the old hard drive to the new Xbox 360 and transfer all.

Once either of those are complete, reinstall FFXI on your new Xbox 360. And good to go...well 8 hours of updating later, but...ya. I did it, so can you. I can verify 100% this is the working solution.

Good luck! and have a wonder day!

edit: by the way, I know I posted this solution somewhere, whether it was FFXIclopedia.org, gamerescape or FFXIAH.com, I'll find it and edit this post with the link.

Edit2: reference link:

http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewt...p?f=83&t=26441
    (0)
    Last edited by crptaculous; 01-14-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Ah but that's the thing, I didn't buy the 4 GB Hard drive. I bought the 500 *cough 460 cough* now before I go and do this are you talking about:
    Step 1: put my old 250 in the old 360
    Step 2: Load PlayOnline Viewer and go and uninstall
    Step 3: ...put the old hard drive in the new 360 and...try to transfer all the stuff I already transferred and that's already on the 500 (460) hard drive? Or try to just transfer FFXI? Because I'm sure I can't it's not among my saved games. I can maybe only try to uninstall on the old hard drive with the new 360 then reinstall with the new hard drive on the new 360....unless THAT'S what you are talking about...in which case I feel silly ~_~
    (0)
    Last edited by Blah; 01-19-2015 at 01:05 AM. Reason: grammar, misspellings

It isn't square enix's problem its Microsoft for making there own games not work on there own system's lol they had the same issue with Halo!
    it didn't play on some older xbox's forget which one was it halo wars ?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by crptaculous View Post
    Hello!

There is a known issue with the Xbox 360 data transfer kit and this game. Fortunately, I have the work around.

I too, found this out, when I changed from one 360 to another ( I changed from a standard whitebox one, to a slim).

At first I did just as you did, simply transfer all, and try to boot up FFXI. And I came to the same exact result as you. "blah blah please download again"

SO:
    I came to realize, that you CANNOT transfer the FFXI files. NONE.

The basic work around is one of two things:
    1) If your old 360 is not operational:
    When you go to transfer the files, If I remember correctly, you can either transfer all, or transfer selected folders/files. If that does indeed exist, then transfer all, EXCEPT the FFXI folder.
    2) If you old 360 is operational:
    Uninstall FFXI and delete all associated folders and files.
    Then connect the old hard drive to the new Xbox 360 and transfer all.

Once either of those are complete, reinstall FFXI on your new Xbox 360. And good to go...well 8 hours of updating later, but...ya. I did it, so can you. I can verify 100% this is the working solution.

Good luck! and have a wonder day!

edit: by the way, I know I posted this solution somewhere, whether it was FFXIclopedia.org, gamerescape or FFXIAH.com, I'll find it and edit this post with the link.

Edit2: reference link:

http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewt...p?f=83&t=26441
    Did you try to just copy the partition of the hard drive and copy it over? That should work its a little more step's involved but at least you wouldn't have to do the update. It doesn't seem to matter how fast your internet itself is cause of the PlayStation 2 system the band with from the game servers are limited and capped. I tried using my family members fast line 40MB downloads to see if it would install faster but it still took the same time /sigh my lines only 2mb downloads
    (0)

Character
    Craptaculous
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Ah but that's the thing, I didn't buy the 4 GB Hard drive. I bought the 500 *cough 460 cough* now before I go and do this are you talking about:
    Step 1: put my old 250 in the old 360
    Step 2: Load PlayOnline Viewer and go and uninstall
    Step 3: ...put the old hard drive in the new 360 and...try to transfer all the stuff I already transferred and that's already on the 500 (460) hard drive? Or try to just transfer FFXI? Because I'm sure I can't it's not among my saved games. I can maybe only try to uninstall on the old hard drive with the new 360 then reinstall with the new hard drive on the new 360....unless THAT'S what you are talking about...in which case I feel silly ~_~
    You have to uninstall FFXI from the old hard drive, on the old 360 before transfering the rest of the contents to the new 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
    Did you try to just copy the partition of the hard drive and copy it over? That should work its a little more step's involved but at least you wouldn't have to do the update. It doesn't seem to matter how fast your internet itself is cause of the PlayStation 2 system the band with from the game servers are limited and capped. I tried using my family members fast line 40MB downloads to see if it would install faster but it still took the same time /sigh my lines only 2mb downloads
    Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 does not install like the PS2 version. Microsoft, has every folder for FFXI locked to the Xbox 360 console AND hard drive it was installed on, and you cannot transfer ANY FFXI files or folders from one xbox 360 to another, or a new hardrive. You can thank MS and their wonderful (/sarcasm) world of DRM for that.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast