Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Upcomming changes

[dev1249] Job Adjustments
    Puppetmasters will undergo the following adjustments.
    The soulsoother head will now cast Protectra and Shellra instead of Protect and Shell.
    The stormwaker head will now cast Shell and Protect on the automaton.

The soulsoother and stormwaker heads will now cast enhancement magic spells in the following order of priority.

Soulsoother
    Haste will be cast after Protectra and Shellra.
    Stormwaker
    Haste will be cast after Protect and Shell.

The following attachments will undergo adjustments.
    Tactical Processor The increased likelihood of overloading will be removed.

Attuner &Target Markers -These attachment will function properly in high-tier battlefields and Wanted battles.

The job point category “Automaton Max HP Bonus” will be changed to “Automaton HP and MP Bonus.”
    Increases the maximum HP and MP of automatons.
    Increase maximum HP by 10 and MP by 5.

In accordance with the above change, the job point category "Automaton Max MP Bonus" will be changed to "Activate Effect."
    Decreases the automaton's burden when Activate or Deus Ex Automata is used.
    Decrease burden by 1.
    Not a horrible set of adjustments, will make redmage a decent contender for solo pet now. I was kinda hoping -burden would be increased capacity, since that category is now 100% useless with cool down/maneuver macros/mythic.

I still have never even noticed a difference with tactical processor so overload or not, im not sure id ever want to use it anyways. Our pets pretty much cast a spell as soon as the cool down timer is up, and TP doesnt over ride global cooldowns so no real point imho.

The real bread and butter...attuner/target marker working again. Will be nice to not need a pet with 1300 acc to do events.
    (2)

Character
    Gekuz
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    I think that haste update is pretty important, since right now before getting haste you could have killed tons of monster without have it on you, since our delay is pretty high without a mythic this update will make solo pretty easyer.

Btw i think that the main problem of the puppet is still there, the automaton doesn't do enough WS damage and his response to TP es extremely slow. If we don't consider the rng one with his high damage ws (that in the modern game are pretty weak because a 2-3k ws in a high tier battlefield is pretty nothing if we consider the damage a BLU a SAM or even a THF right now) Harlequin and Valoredge are pretty useles and even worst is the BLM the power of his nuke is extremely low (i think that this issue will be solved when they will fix elemental magic).

Sometimes i wonder why the main ws of the magic forms is Magic Mortar, and why they don't change it to Knockout, it's not very powerfull but it's pretty better than M.M. if we consider that RDM and WHM Automaton heals themselves and most of the time they had full or semi full life when they use a WS.

And.... i ask.... BST got new Pets.... SMN new Avatars... Why can't we get finaly a new automaton... something like an heavy DD an automaton grabbing a Great Katana or some sort of high damage weapon... would it be nice...
    (1)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Bst always gets new pets

Smn didnt get new avatars, they got new blood packs. The atmos avatar they got was promised to them like 4 years ago.

But yes i would love a mnk or sam or war pet that is ment for close range DD instead of a rng pet.
    (3)

Player
    I must say I didn't see Protectra/Shellra coming... I hate to go a mile whenever SquareEnix gives us an inch, but with the addition of Protectra/Shellra to Soulsoother we are one step closer to living up to the Development Team's job concept of Puppetmaster: 'Being comfortable in almost any situation.' For a long time now Puppetmasters have been and NEEDED to be good soloers, because you just were not going to get a party invite for experience point parties years ago and definitely endgame, and even to date that can still be the case. I don't mind being third or fourth string, but I think it is time we get to play on the proverbial team. Wouldn't it be great if Curagas were added to Soulsoother making it competitve enough as a healer in alliance events such that the average player might go, "Hey, there are no White Mages or Scholars replying to my shout, but there is a Puppetmaster, who is a reputable player interested in joining..." Or "Hey, we've been shouting for an hour for a Paladin or a Rune Fencer, but there is a Puppetmaster with a well geared Valoredge Frame that could tank for us!!" Or "Hey I can't find any mythic or relic Rangers for Ark Angel HM, but my friend is a pretty solid Puppetmaster and his Sharpshot frame could keep up with your run of the mill ranger." You get the point, not only would that open up three new avenues for the job, it would save lots of time for events due to Vana'diel's dwindling population.

I'm not suggesting that any ol' Puppetmaster should be able to waltz right in and outright displace the main jobs for specific roles, but I would like to see us competitive enough to be considered. To achieve this aim I think the following adjustments would be feasible for future updates:

-Adding Curagas to Soothsoother Head
    -Adding more enmity gear and/or attachments to Puppetmasters when making tier III attachments for tanking purposes
    -Adding Double or Triple shot ability to Sharpshot head only, for balance, with activation similar to Shield Bash's association with Valoredge Frame. Also adding full TP return from Barrage Turbine.
    -Adding Refresh II to Stormwaker Head, and allowing it to cast Refresh II/Haste II on others depending on their job only if Water Maneuver is active. Also adding Frazzle/Distract for debuffing capabilities solo or in groups

I would make suggestions for Spiritreaver and Harlequin, but Spiritreavers is not even close to competing with a Black Mage, and Harlequin is a long way from being useful, but I still think it should be.

I'm glad the HP and MP job point categories are being combined, but the addition of the burden reduction from Activate/Deus would only be used to obtain gifts after all other categories are maxed, said another way: it is absolutely useless. I do understand it is so if we spent job points on Automaton Max MP Bonus, there would be something to carry our points over to, but granted there are only so many categories you are going to make for each job please just remove it or put a placeholder for future update.

If there is any puppetmaster that would like this over any other possibility like automaton enmity augmentation (+ for melee/-for mages), automaton damage taken-%, Stout Servant augmentation, hell even Activation Recast (and yes I know it's already in merits), PLEASE reply with "thumbs down". If you'd like to see it replaced or removed for addition of something better in future update please like this post. I really do want this changed and I want a way for DEVs to see what the community thinks about it.
    (5)
    Last edited by Nezha; 01-10-2015 at 02:33 PM.

I like the update, only 1 issue, the job points. The HP adjustment being automatically carried over to HP/MP is fine, I can't imagine a pup having issues with this as you are just improving the category. But the MP points going automatically to Activate/burden reduction I do have issues with. The two are not even remotely related and so pups may wish to retask them to something more valuable, although not sure what since I 1st heard about this 2 minutes ago. and if they do want them in Activate it's the work of a few seconds to spend them again. I just think we deserve the choice.
    (1)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Well no decent pup would have put points into mp before the other more useful categories were done. Thanks do Deactivate activate deploy, mp was never really an issue, and 100 mp was nothing amazing that was going to magically fix our mages....100 mab+macc....maybe, but not mp.
    (2)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Then again, burden is never an issue either with cooldown + emp+2 body/jsecape/af gloves, so not really sure what the point of this new ja is gonna do.
    (1)

Character
    Halldir
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

Harlequin

BTW since they changed the behaviour of the heads, Harlequin Body is now a consideration as useful combo. /checkparam go Your Automaton can gain the effects of pro/shell.

WHM Head Harly Body no attachments.

P.Acc 449 / P.Atk 568
    Aux Acc 0 / Aux Atk 0
    R.Acc 0 / R.Atk 0
    Eva 439 / Def 349

Change with Protect 5
    Eva 439 / Def 602

Whm head/Mage body

P.Acc 433 / P.Atk 545
    Aux Acc 0 / Aux Atk 0
    R.Acc 0 / R.Atk 0
    Eva 351 / Def 275

Change with Protect 5
    Eva 351 / Def 493
    (1)

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezha View Post
    I'm glad the HP and MP job point categories are being combined, but the addition of the burden reduction from Activate/Deus would only be used to obtain gifts after all other categories are maxed, said another way: it is absolutely useless. I do understand it is so if we spent job points on Automaton Max MP Bonus, there would be something to carry our points over to, but granted there are only so many categories you are going to make for each job please just remove it or put a placeholder for future update.

If there is any puppetmaster that would like this over any other possibility like automaton enmity augmentation (+ for melee/-for mages), automaton damage taken-%, Stout Servant augmentation, hell even Activation Recast (and yes I know it's already in merits), PLEASE reply with "thumbs down". If you'd like to see it replaced or removed for addition of something better in future update please like this post. I really do want this changed and I want a way for DEVs to see what the community thinks about it.
    +1'd. Yes to everything you said.

Similarly, the Repair category is also useless. PUP does not need a new mechanic for restoring MP because we can and will just deactivate and activate again. I would LOVE to see an automaton damage taken and/or stout servant category. There's a clear reason for why Automaton HP was and remains the most popular category: the pets need to be more durable. If they spend most of the fight dead, then we're basically just a really bad MNK.

(The player itself could stand to be more durable too, but that's a separate subject.)
    (1)

Player
    We've just received a great update for the PUP community. I think we should let some of their idea's we don't agree with be known, but let's not push hard for them to fix it 100%. Let them fix another job and see if we can get them on a rotation so they can start fixing all the problems, instead of jumping all over the place.
    (1)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast