Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    I'm pretty confident that Shock Abs. II will be phalanx, but if not I hope it has separate cast time than SA I. I'm pretty satisfied on what this update will do for Valoredge, assuming everything above holds true. Now Soulsoother needs Curagas, Stormwaker needs Refresh II/Frazzle II/Distract II/Dia III/Slow II/Blind II/Paralyze II, and ability to haste II/Refresh II others under water maneuver, Sharpshot needs correct TP return from Barrage Turbine, double shot attachment, and increase in base ranged attack damage, Spiritreaver needs increased magic damage or nuking AI for balance, and Harlequin needs a lot of work.
    (3)
    Last edited by Nezha; 02-05-2015 at 04:50 AM.

Player
    Nezha, you sir are a person asking for something that SE will probably never give us. Nuking AI for our BLM puppet? I only bring out my BLM pup when I want to BS around in abyssea for fun. Which is a shame I should probably be finding better uses for it, but I'm a failPUP at the moment. So far the only two frames I've been using were Sharpshot and Stormwaker. Which sucks because I really want to use my Valoredge but I can't keep it alive long enough to do anything, that and it's cannibal blade just isn't getting the HP return that I need it too.
    (1)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

Player
    You should make a Cannibal Blade set, I have most of my sets posted on ffxiah, I get anywhere from 850-1000+ from it. Beside that I was only stating options of how to improve frames going forward with the ultimate goal of making us useful in a party setting, could just as easily give Spititreaver higher magic dmg to balance out what a BLM could do spamming Stone over time.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    Problem is, if your using 3x earth, your missing out on acc/atk/haste, and theres no point in sending a pet in to take little dmg and deal little dmg. Id prefer fire/wind/thunder for haste/atk/acc.

I guess if you wanted to pet solo something turtle style maybe.
    Was just an example of how crazy it could get. Obviously you wouldn't be using 3 since you can gear in enough to make up for the difference at 2. As far as dmg though you could go the cannibal blade spam route which cares much less about acc/att. Though you'd need a dark maneuver since it looks like they forgot about the whole setting auto ws thing they were talking about.

As far as what point is there... well idk plds don't do much dmg but they have a point. Just gotta give it hate somehow and it could be a reasonable tank. decoy works on autos right?
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-05-2015 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Was just an example of how crazy it could get. Obviously you wouldn't be using 3 since you can gear in enough to make up for the difference at 2. As far as dmg though you could go the cannibal blade spam route which cares much less about acc/att. Though you'd need a dark maneuver since it looks like they forgot about the whole setting auto ws thing they were talking about.

As far as what point is there... well idk plds don't do much dmg but they have a point. Just gotta give it hate somehow and it could be a reasonable tank. decoy works on autos right?
    so does VS>>Ventriloquy, have a thf SA/TA>>Rudra's Storm you 1st and you might even be able to have your auto hold hate for .867 seconds in a party, or however long it takes the Sam to swing again. Even very good tanks have issues holding hate and I've never seen the word "good" used in association with Valoredge tanking, in fact those kind of ideas are how we got "lol" attached to our abbreviated job name.

Frankly I see a lot more utility for sharpshot or mage autos even with the additional damage reduction on VE, especially for party play with the new attachments as damage or back-up healing/buffing bring more than any alleged tanking by VE, or even using spiritreaver to increase damage variety, he should nuke fairly decent now. If we can get people to add our pet's DPS to our DPS as they should to calculate DPS from the party slot we might even get some party love-I'm not going to hold my breath but it COULD theoretically happen.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    so does VS>>Ventriloquy, have a thf SA/TA>>Rudra's Storm you 1st and you might even be able to have your auto hold hate for .867 seconds in a party, or however long it takes the Sam to swing again. Even very good tanks have issues holding hate and I've never seen the word "good" used in association with Valoredge tanking, in fact those kind of ideas are how we got "lol" attached to our abbreviated job name.

Frankly I see a lot more utility for sharpshot or mage autos even with the additional damage reduction on VE, especially for party play with the new attachments as damage or back-up healing/buffing bring more than any alleged tanking by VE, or even using spiritreaver to increase damage variety, he should nuke fairly decent now. If we can get people to add our pet's DPS to our DPS as they should to calculate DPS from the party slot we might even get some party love-I'm not going to hold my breath but it COULD theoretically happen.
    OH I didn't mean in a normal melee pt... obviously any kind of tank for anything is useless then lol. Gotta use the right tools for the job. Obviously when I mentioned decoy I was talking about rng pts. Though could be decent in a mostly pet pt. Niche use for sure but then so are tanks in general these days. Still rather nice for those situations is all I'm saying not omg everyone do this all the time
    (2)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3