Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    That's the thing, it's not a positive change to me. Time limits have valid good game design reasons to exist, and I don't think they should be nerfing every high level content to be easily soloable, because that just discourages party forming even further. What the heck are we playing this game for if we never want to play with others?

That being said: I was actually unaware that the time limit is different by the number of players. That changes things a little. While I know about people clearing it with the 10min time limit, the fact that more people get more time makes no sense. More people dont' need more time- So I would suggest a compromise and adjust it to be 15 minutes for everyone. 30 minutes is far more than should be necessary so giving solo players that time limit would trivialize the content more.
    For one, it doesn't entirely matter what 1 single person wants in an MMO, or even 2, 5, 20, or 50 people, it matters what is best for the game and it's future and the population as a whole. Secondly, the content is absolutely pointless for anything but old school leveling to 99 for some jobs that might need that gear, and mythic creation. Since the former isn't really done by most people anymore (and the gear wasn't even that great), the event only serves purpose for those gaining ichor for a mythic, that's it... I'd call that pretty trivial.

So far, not a single argument has been valid enough to disregard cutting the time reduction. It doesn't matter that it can be done fine as is, it matters that it should be different for those who don't fit typical molds and they shouldn't be punished for it.

Long dead are the days of large groups, FFXI has been going more solo friendly for old and general content for awhile now, that won't change, but this should because it would allow more variation for players to be jobs that are "less then perfect to higher end players eyes". The point of working solo is to work for and from the angle of what best suits your abilities, jobs and equipment, not keep doing what everyone else says is best, that's what high tier battlefields are for if you want that.

Further adding to that, the time limit for party size was done specifically to combat exactly what the game is doing now: Prevent low man groups and force teams, partly for the sake of teaming up as a linkshell and encouraging large group dynamics and teamwork as was the norm at the time, and partly to prevent disappointment by low man groups from not being able to complete the content in time. Both reasons of which, are dead.

All other "old school" content allows 1 person to enter and complete. Dynamis, salvage, NNI, assault in general, this is about the only thing left that punishes those players and little valid reasons in this state of the game.

And since none of you against the idea have put together a sufficient reason why the timer should stay the same, except the same excuse given for groups which doesn't apply here or even support your point, there is even less valid reason to keep the time limits per party size as is. Except, if Dev's are planning to adjust Einherjer or create a new one under the same rule sets as a high tier battlefield, and can't make 2 separate rule sets.

I support the change.
    (2)
    Last edited by Bluestar2kx; 01-09-2015 at 02:01 AM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The thing is, there's only one battlefield for Einherjar. Reducing the entry requirement would lead to a lot of wait times. Remember how long you had to wait to get into an Ark Angels fight a year ago? There's a programmatic reason not to do this.

I mentioned this, but because it wasn't what Krashport and PlumbGame wanted to hear, it was met with vitriolic ad hominem.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zarchery; 01-09-2015 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm insulted by your comments, as I'm about as non-elite as they come.
    I disagree. Well, you've always been entitled on these forums at least. It's painful reading your posts most times.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Well few things:

1) There isnt just 1 einherjar, there are about 15ish. The way SE did instancing is that there are 15 identical zones on 1 map, seperated by gates, and you cant get from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 etc. So Einherjar can support a max of 15 simultaneous groups. If there was no 10 minute limit, in theory you could have 15 people in 15 instances spending 30 minutes clearing....if there were that many people who wanted to do it.

2) The reason for the 10 min limit was to stop small groups from doing it and filling up the 15 instances, or 1 person with a few mules from basically griefing other linkshells and blocking the instances so that youd have to wait 30 minutes for someones mule to time out.

3) Just because you can enter NNI/NI/Assault solo doesnt garuntee you can clear it. You argument stops there. Devs have already said they dont plan to have less lamps if you have less than 5 people. Which to me says they prefer you to take a whole group. Not to mention there are 3-4 assaults you flat out cant win solo, probably more.

4) We arent arguing for the timer to stay, we are arguing that all these people complaining about the timer haven't come up with a single good reason to get rid of it. 'Because i cant solo it' isnt a good reason in an mmo to do something, when there are already 4-5 jobs that can solo it. In ffxi, you just change your job to fit the event. Sorry your job isnt one of those 4-5 jobs that can solo it, but you know what, thats they way ffxi is. It was ment for you to change jobs.

In all seriousness the number 1 reason i would say not to remove the limit, is you get partial credit as is, sure its not the full 1900 from a clear, but almost every job can get over 1k, which still makes the event 100% soloable and doable.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Also lol at this whole thread when devs said not even 4 months ago that there was no plan to remove the time limit...
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Why shouldn't the limit be removed? Say for some reason it's a quiet day, I've had the odd occasion where people haven't replied to my Einherjar /yells, you should be able to enter with <6 without penalty, yes it doesn't take much to beat it in <10mins but I don't see the penalty being necessary anymore. When the worst that can come of it is zones getting too congested then really the problem would be player stupidity, if there are people clearly willing to do einherjar and you all go in solo when there is absolutely no penalty for teaming up unless you really care for those little gil items or rubbish abjurations.

Of course to anyone saying they don't want to /yell for einherjar member, just do it christ, teaming up with people in an MMORPG is unheard of but like I said previously, there shouldn't be a time reduction if you go in with < 6. What if the amount of people who are interested in Einherjar suddenly plummets and people do have no choice but to solo it? Sucks to be the people who have no interest in leveling a non-AoE burn job apparently. I've said that I have no problem filling shouts for Einherjar but being on Asura that isn't really that impressive, what about the less populated servers? How is it like to build an Einherjar run there?
    (0)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    Also lol at this whole thread when devs said not even 4 months ago that there was no plan to remove the time limit...
    They did not say that, making up stuff as you go along again I see..

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    As there is only one battlefield for Einherjar, we are concerned that lowering the amount of players required to participate may lead to a large amount of congestion. Due to this, it would be difficult to address the current entry limitations.
    Same thing was said about Kupofried's medallion. Guess what, we can purchase that Kupofried's medallion without zoning now.
    (1)
    Last edited by Krashport; 01-09-2015 at 03:25 AM.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Erm you do realize that it was in reference to removing the time limit restriction for <6 people right?

I am not making stuff up, thats exactly what he was talking about. You can always go in with less than 6.
    (0)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    Erm you do realize that it was in reference to removing the time limit restriction for <6 people right?

I am not making stuff up, thats exactly what he was talking about. You can always go in with less than 6.
    Do what... is English your 1st language..?
    (1)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    Do what... is English your 1st language..?
    Seriouslly? For real? You are gonna call me a troll then say stuff like this when I call you out on a lie?

As there is only one battlefield for Einherjar, we are concerned that lowering the amount of players required to participate may lead to a large amount of congestion. Due to this, it would be difficult to address the current entry limitations.
    How do you translate this as anything other than 'there are no plans to remove the 10 minute restriction on parties less than 6 people'.
    (0)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast