Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Seeing there is a market for Alexandrite would it be possible to add an option, By trading 99+1 to said NPC to convert one hundred singles into a one hundred piece.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    Seeing there is a market for Alexandrite would it be possible to add an option, By trading 99+1 to said NPC to convert one hundred singles into a one hundred piece.
    I asked them about this once. They said they don't want to do it because people can store Alexandrite with the Qiqirn NPC. Kind of a dumb answer IMO and I hope they have a change of heart.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    While we will ease up on the minimum entry requirements, we do not have any plans to make adjustments to the content difficulty.

Especially for assaults and Nyzul Isle, these are closely tied to mythic creation difficulty. You challenge these solo by using dash items and such, and if lady luck is on your side you may be able to clear them.

It's possible for us to remove the entry limitations for everything at once, but it would take us a long time to adjust the difficulty for everything.

With that said, we will reduce the entry requirements and eliminate level restrictions, but we do not plan on adjusting content difficulty.
    The problem here is supply is decreasing while demand is not. This isn't the age of dynamis, you can't depend on a bunch of other people to make these weapons anymore. Honestly considering how long they take even in the best of circumstances, the overall difficulty of making these weapons should be lower than that of others- especially when you consider that many of them aren't much better (or aren't better at all) than other much more easily obtained options.

I don't understand why we can't apply scaling difficulty to more content, so people can enjoy a good experience whether they have a bunch of friends or not.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The problem here is supply is decreasing while demand is not. This isn't the age of dynamis, you can't depend on a bunch of other people to make these weapons anymore. Honestly considering how long they take even in the best of circumstances, the overall difficulty of making these weapons should be lower than that of others- especially when you consider that many of them aren't much better (or aren't better at all) than other much more easily obtained options.

I don't understand why we can't apply scaling difficulty to more content, so people can enjoy a good experience whether they have a bunch of friends or not.
    But if a non-mythic weapon is easier and better than a mythic, wouldn't the best solution just be to get that non-mythic?

I did a mythic: the Yagrush. Nothing else compares. Nothing else gives you 100% Divine Veil or even comes close. I can't see any other being worth the effort. Maybe Burtgang if I wanted to be a good PLD, but that's it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    But if a non-mythic weapon is easier and better than a mythic, wouldn't the best solution just be to get that non-mythic?
    You're right it would. But that doesn't make sense. Harder to obtain things should be better. If they're not better, then either make them better, or make them easier to obtain.

The other similar varieties of weapons were both made easier over time. Relics have gotten easier over time, the others on the other hand, seemingly have gotten harder with time.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You're right it would. But that doesn't make sense. Harder to obtain things should be better. If they're not better, then either make them better, or make them easier to obtain.

The other similar varieties of weapons were both made easier over time. Relics have gotten easier over time, the others on the other hand, seemingly have gotten harder with time.
    I don't think that really follows. You should look at the thing, THEN decide if it's worth your time. If not, then don't do it.

Now, if you disagree, I think the better of your approaches is boosting the weapons because some are already worth the effort, some aren't. You can boost the weapons on an individual basis but you can't really tone down the requirements on an individual basis. Yagrush blows every other club out of the water, and it shouldn't be easier to get.
    (0)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10