Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

State your demand (and ideas) for challenging content!

Recently, Mr. Matsui stated that if there is a demand for more challenging content, then they'll consider adding such content. Let's make the demand known!

Personally, I would love to see more old content be renovated. Unity bringing back old (H)NMs has been fun and nostalgic, but it leaves me wanting something more substantial! As my favorite old endgame events were Limbus and Salvage, I'd like to make suggestions as to how to give those new life.

My proposal is to simply add a hard mode designation to all Limbus and Salvage areas that raises the parameters of the monsters and bosses to be appropriate for 119 Superior players. I feel that they should require a party of at least 6 players, and 119 versions of Omega and Ultima should require an alliance. Of course, the rewards would have to reflect the increased difficulty and increased number of people required! This would mean greatly increased currency drop rates, and powerful equipment. As an example, a 119-appropriate Salvage zone completed fully would ideally drop enough Alexandrite so that every member of a party of 6 could leave with a little more than what they could get soloing an outdated zone.

Although Unity has me on a nostalgia kick, entirely new zones for both Limbus and Salvage would be welcome too! Just so long as any new zones convey the same feelings the old ones did, I'll be satisfied.

Fellow players, whether you agree or disagree with my specific suggestions, if you want to see more challenging content, please post here and make it known! Also, if you have suggestions for what kind of content you'd like to see, post that too!

And to the community reps, please ensure the developers know that there are still many players who wish to see exceptionally challenging content!
    (5)

To be fair, I'm not really waiting for another revamp of the Salvage and Limbus areas.
    I don't really have any ideas, but I would really like to see some challenging alliance content making a comeback.
    (3)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hard mode campaign!!!
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    To be fair, I'm not really waiting for another revamp of the Salvage and Limbus areas.
    I don't really have any ideas, but I would really like to see some challenging alliance content making a comeback.
    Eh, personally I don't think the player base right now can handle required alliance content anymore, hence why everything released nowadays is mostly cleared by a single part or at most 2.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I am of the opinion that "challenging content" doesn't actually exist and cannot exist. All content follows the same cycle.

1) New content is released.
    2) Skilled players in the vanguard attempt the new content. They fail a couple times before they get the strategy down pat.
    3) The strategy becomes public knowledge.
    4) Everyone becomes familiar with it, gets good at the content, then bemoans the lack of challenging content.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Eh, personally I don't think the player base right now can handle required alliance content anymore, hence why everything released nowadays is mostly cleared by a single part or at most 2.
    And I'm pretty sure the playerbase can handle this.
    I'm sure it's not the same on all servers but on Bahamut I still find myself in full Voidwatch alliances, apart from that I see plenty of shouts for DM (D+), Delve and Incursion groups.
    Sure, the latter 2 usually don't bring full alliances but do bring more than 6 characters on a regular basis.
    I'm not asking for content which can only be cleared by the top tier Linkshells, but content which does require more players/job diversity than the regular cookie cutter 6 or less player parties.
    Preferably containing mobs that do not die within 5 seconds of it spawning.

And sure, at a certain point it'll all end up becoming easy, dull and repetative. But there'll also be new content to replace it.
    The thing right now is however, all content that has been added lately hasn't been challenging, at all, to begin with.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 01-05-2015 at 11:59 PM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Alliance size voidwatches really only work because the fights themselves are easy and any Tom, Dick, and Harry can roll in. You can build pretty quickly, and you can even go in without a full alliance. Something with more strict job / skill / gear requirements would be tougher to fill. I almost never see any groups forming for Divine Might, and when Delve still required an alliance, Delve groups took hours to form.

This isn't to say that I object to Alliance based content. I think it'd be a nice bonus to those rare groups who do have the resources to pull it together. It would, however, likely upset most of the playerbase who feels excluded. Just look at all the hard feeling Job Points are creating.
    (0)

I can't really sympathise with people like that, most of the people that post about being excluded are usually the ones that don't undertake anything themselves, nor join when someone else happens to set it up and expect things to be handed to them.
    And some of them simply have a reputation.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shirai; 01-06-2015 at 12:36 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I am of the opinion that "challenging content" doesn't actually exist and cannot exist. All content follows the same cycle.

1) New content is released.
    2) Skilled players in the vanguard attempt the new content. They fail a couple times before they get the strategy down pat.
    3) The strategy becomes public knowledge.
    4) Everyone becomes familiar with it, gets good at the content, then bemoans the lack of challenging content.
    This is largely true, however I don't know anyone who does VD BCNMs because the extra risk is not worth the reward to most, not that I really want to, just saying.

I personally would love to see the ending mission battles hardmodes:

Shinryu: Updated Twilight gear!
    Promathia: Rajas Ring!
    Apocalypse Nigh: Ethereal! Suppanomimi! (They didn't put it in DM2 ; ; )
    Ultima/Omega: Loquacious Earring! Brutal Earring!
    Atomos: Moonshade Earring!
    Maat: Black Belt!

Mini Expansion gear would be cool revamped!

I would love to see updated versions of these classic accessories and other items we still sometimes use but feel like they should be better and have at least (99) next to them.~

Also, inventory space, still all time crisis, please help, I'm drowning in gear... halp... halp...mfmffrmfmhlp
    (1)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 01-06-2015 at 12:39 AM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Inventory is kind of another unsolvable problem. There's a saying that "junk expands to fill the space". Every inventory expansion seems to satisfy the populace for about 2 months at most, then they begin asking for more. What we have now is already leading to some obnoxiously long load times whenever I zone. You guys gotta stop hoarding so much. Mule or toss old equipment when you get new stuff.

I think maybe instead of more space maybe smarter inventory management. Part of that could be done by SE. For example, add Porter Moogles to Mog Houses (or at least add their functionality to our Moogles). But now we're starting to drift.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast