Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Not entirely on topic, but can I ask why you are making empyreans (with the exception of harp and shield)? Especially if you aren't going to take them to 119?
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    Not entirely on topic, but can I ask why you are making empyreans (with the exception of harp and shield)? Especially if you aren't going to take them to 119?
    inb4 ffxiah achievement points.

At the very least it's being done to unlock the WS but doing the WoE version would be much faster and easier.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    inb4 ffxiah achievement points.

At the very least it's being done to unlock the WS but doing the WoE version would be much faster and easier.
    That's what I was thinking - if you want the ws then make the WoE version. And if you make empyrean sword, dagger and h2h and plan to take them all to 119, then you either have a truckload of gil or the patience of a saint. Or both.
    (1)
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    They did make it better than it used to be, but that's really not good enough. I still camped Bugbear strongman for 4+ hours before it popped, then after the kill, it was another 8 hours to pop it again. .
    You think that's bad when I last did bugbear it was 18 hours for the first pop... then since it technically has 2 placeholders and pops I got the next one around 15 min later... then another 16 hours for the last one. When I tried to do Black Triple Stars I gave up after camping for 16-24 hours solid on 3 different occasions and no pop
    (0)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    For unlocking WS, I do use the NM starting path. I find it quicker (and cheaper) in the long run since starting there only requires 15 coin, 35 die, and 35 LR.
    (1)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    For unlocking WS, I do use the NM starting path. I find it quicker (and cheaper) in the long run since starting there only requires 15 coin, 35 die, and 35 LR.
    Hmm... I think I'd rather spend 2 hours in dynamis and make enough gil to pay for coins, dies and residues, instead of spending an unknown number of hours camping nms (for the h2h that's a total of 21 nm kills and then 20 vnms, assuming nothing has changed in that path), spending 35 crests and then on top of that still have to pay for a number of coins, dies and residues. I honestly fail to see how that's quicker. But to each their own I suppose.
    (2)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hmm... I think I'd rather spend 2 hours in dynamis and make enough gil to pay for coins, dies and residues, instead of spending an unknown number of hours camping nms (for the h2h that's a total of 21 nm kills and then 20 vnms, assuming nothing has changed in that path), spending 35 crests and then on top of that still have to pay for a number of coins, dies and residues. I honestly fail to see how that's quicker. But to each their own I suppose.
    I tend to horde my gil (and save coins for making my own relic), so I consider myself lucky when I upgrade during the VNM stage and pop Dawon to sell the pelts for 150k.
    (0)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    I tend to horde my gil (and save coins for making my own relic), so I consider myself lucky when I upgrade during the VNM stage and pop Dawon to sell the pelts for 150k.
    time = gil.
    (3)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah in the time you spent camping just the first set of nms you could've done a single dynamis run to completely bankroll a ws and probably still ended up with more gil... saving time AND money
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2