Thread: Walk Of Echo's

Character
    Bladerunnerr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Walk Of Echo's

Just came back to FFXI after a break to find out that Walk of Echo's has been changed again and for the worse. I use to love dual boxing in their and now I cant because all the content in there is level 119 & 121 now. The zone is now dead!!! You cant solo/dual box in there any more and nobody wants to make a group or alliance to play that zone. So, Square Enix has killed the zone, nice job! Nobody can play it any more sept maybe those few private link shells that do it.

I'm most likely gunna cancel my sub for both accounts because of this. It WAS fun and a nice way to make some gil at the same time. Now that has been taken away. Gaming companies LOVE to take the nerf hammer to the things that are fun in the game and ruin it.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I do love butthurt kneejerk reactions without any research.

Right now there is a WoE campaign going on right now so all the WoE confluxes are surged aka level 121, normally they start at lvl 75 and have to be surged by clearing the walks in their low level state which is what they'll revert to once the WoE Campaign has finished.

But sure go ahead and cancel sub because of WoE, maybe some people will even shed a tear.
    (11)

3. 01-01-2015 05:54 AM

Character
    Bladerunnerr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Everybody is gunna realize your da man for belittling me. Real maturity indeed! ~.^ Just saying, you could have been nice about it and just explained things to me in a respectful & mature way. ^^ All in all your just some little kid in need of some attention. You make your self feel good by stepping on others. This world would be so much better without kids like you or parents that dont teach their kids to respect others.

Suppose I will google the changes made to WoE and see what changes was made and how to get into this campaign for it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bladerunnerr; 01-02-2015 at 01:13 AM.

Player
    The hypocrisy is strong with this one.
    (6)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunnerr View Post
    Everybody is gunna realize your da man for belittling me. Real maturity indeed! ~.^ Just saying, you could have been nice about it and just explained things to me in a respectful & mature way. ^^ All in all your just some little kid in need of some attention. You make your self feel good by stepping on others. This world would be so much better without kids like you or parents that dont teach their kids to respect others.
    You were the one who opened the thread with a temper tantrum. If you'd expressed your plight it more mature and calm terms, you would have received a more civil respose.
    (6)

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    There is still merit to what he's saying regardless of the campaign. The Chambers still upgrade to 119+ content even outside of the campaign. The fix is to let you choose the content level after the chamber has upgraded. 99 or ilv.
    (1)
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

-Dead Prez

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I think it was a horrible mistake to allow Walk of Echoes be fixed in the way it is now. It should have been optional w/ a key item (super rare drop if needed to be) obtained from the normal walks to allow them to be surged rather than after a certain time be surged. The only thing I have seen improved from Walk of Echoes that I like is that you don't have to run all the way to the exit now after receiving your rewards and when the walks become endowed for temp items and improved experience points/drop rewards. Other than that, yeah its not all that great. My server doesn't even do walk of echoes anymore and above all doesn't hardly respond to shouts for them. So its very hard to get the +1 gear here (not that some of the gear is all that great as a +1...).

And as far as surged events go, they should be like a weekend-to-a-week thing and not a month long. It took me a whole month before I could do Walk of Echoes again to build me a weapon to gain an empyrean weaponskill. I'm not gonna waste 5-8 mil gil on items in bazaar (way overpriced on my server) or waste login points to buy the items w/ points when i can need the points for ksnm99/beast nm pops.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ladynamine; 02-07-2015 at 06:33 AM.

Don't Surge walks revert to normal if they are failed outside of the event windows?
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    Don't Surge walks revert to normal if they are failed outside of the event windows?
    i've had them stay surged even after a fail. i think it's when they are left alone they go normal again.

Edit: from [dev1232] New Walk of Echoes Content: Surge and Endowed Walks

Ending a Surge Walk
    Clearing a surge version of a walk will reset it to its ordinary state. Furthermore, if a battle does not start within one hour (Earth time) of the time the walk converted, it will revert to an ordinary walk.

basically as i said before...its can be possible it does not revert back to normal should you fail a walk of echoes run surged. now endowed status DOES cancel when the last person leaves the walk.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ladynamine; 02-07-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunnerr View Post
    Just came back to FFXI after a break to find out that Walk of Echo's has been changed again and for the worse. I use to love dual boxing in their and now I cant because all the content in there is level 119 & 121 now. The zone is now dead!!! You cant solo/dual box in there any more and nobody wants to make a group or alliance to play that zone. So, Square Enix has killed the zone, nice job! Nobody can play it any more sept maybe those few private link shells that do it.

I'm most likely gunna cancel my sub for both accounts because of this. It WAS fun and a nice way to make some gil at the same time. Now that has been taken away. Gaming companies LOVE to take the nerf hammer to the things that are fun in the game and ruin it.
    most of level 119 WoE are 2~3 manable (goodDD + healer +buffer). otherwise any kind of pick up pt will clear it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast