Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Sparks of Eminence & Unity Accolade cap - Please increase

I'm sure I am not the only one that finds the hard caps on Sparks and Accolades at 50,000 more than slightly annoying and a little ridiculous. I do not know the reasoning behind having a hard cap so low, but there are plenty of other currencies that are not capped and it makes no sense for these two to be capped like they are.
    One reason that might be used is "players can use these currencies to buy gear that they can NPC for gil" yes that is correct BUT you can do that with CP, IS, AN, AP, etc... that is not a valid reason for having them capped at 50k. So Please Dev Team PLEASE up these caps or just remove them so it is like almost every other currency we have access too. Thank you!
    (10)

Player
    they probably put caps on them because of the botters. The stuff you can buy with the other currencies you mentioned I do believe they have significantly dropped the value of to make it not worth it.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm indifferent to sparks but man would it be nice to be able to bank more accolades during this double accolade campaign. Accolades are so much slower to accumulate than sparks that it really sucks if you cap out and waste them. Especially since the high accolade ROE are limited to once per day.
    (2)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I'm indifferent to sparks but man would it be nice to be able to bank more accolades during this double accolade campaign. Accolades are so much slower to accumulate than sparks that it really sucks if you cap out and waste them. Especially since the high accolade ROE are limited to once per day.
    This so much. I look at Wanted as a spin on VW, casual quick to gather events that have other uses besides the gear, decent exp/CP/sparks. Where it greatly divides from VW though is VW you could just bank your stones for a week or however long, then just go spend a day up there. Wanted though, the NMs die so fast and cost so many accolades, 50k might only be good for 45 min worth of pops, depending on the cost of the NM to pop. Then you're back to square one with having to get more accolades to participate. Getting them isn't the problem, it's getting enough to be able to do a decent amount of content before having to go and get more. At least typically, the drops aren't rare enough to warrant that many fights. Though the need for mats, and terrible unlucky sprees (had a friend go 1/47 pops on the Beaucadine Golem for his neck) can make it an aggravating experience.
    (4)
    7/10/14

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    they probably put caps on them because of the botters. The stuff you can buy with the other currencies you mentioned I do believe they have significantly dropped the value of to make it not worth it.
    See I get the argument for sparks... though 50k is absurdly low. But for accolades there is no "stuff" you can buy with them. You "buy" nm pops.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    See I get the argument for sparks... though 50k is absurdly low. But for accolades there is no "stuff" you can buy with them. You "buy" nm pops.
    actually you can buy "stuff", Just like with sparks, you can get stuff for 10 gil : 1 accolade. And it's faster than sparks too, as you can tell how many you want instead of one at a time. I'm talking the Prize Powder. The other stuff is ex and can't be sold, but you don't need them, the Prize Powder is enough. Some would argue that the Special Gobbiedial Key for 15k accolades is worth something though due to a chance at items worth millions of gil.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    actually you can buy "stuff", Just like with sparks, you can get stuff for 10 gil : 1 accolade. And it's faster than sparks too, as you can tell how many you want instead of one at a time. I'm talking the Prize Powder. The other stuff is ex and can't be sold, but you don't need them, the Prize Powder is enough. Some would argue that the Special Gobbiedial Key for 15k accolades is worth something though due to a chance at items worth millions of gil.
    Oh snap didn't realize there was 1 item you could sell. Well the conversion rate is slightly worse but can buy a bit faster.... well maybe not even faster since each stack only is 120 accolades worth so to use them all up would take up 416 stacks so would require a bit more running back and forth to npc compared to sparks

Edit: actually tested it out and boy did it take aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalot longer to dump my accolades lol. Not sure if I could've made more money farming more sparks in that time. Definitely could've using some of them to pop some wanted NMs and selling the drops
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 01-02-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    yes that is correct BUT you can do that with CP, IS, AN, AP, etc... that is not a valid reason for having them capped at 50k.
    Yeah but the gear you buy with those currencies costs alot more in points and by far very significantly low in resell price to a npc versus weapons that can be bought for 100 sparks can be worth 1000 in gil or more.
    (0)