Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    So basically, the whole game should be reprogrammed to be completely realistic but in lieu of that you'd just like to make sure that H2H players don't get a grip like item. We both know that isn't going to happen. They aren't going to completely recreate the entire gear system to satisfy your OCD. What they can easily do though is add a grip type item for h2h.
    btw, attacking a person rather than their argument is a logical argumentation fallacy as well. And also, yet again, you did not pay attention to what I said. I CLEARLY in my last post quoted myself THREE TIMES saying that I wasn't opposed to H2H getting a grip like item as long as dual wielders did too. So I will say it again.... you see only what you want to see rather than what is the truth. And I never said they should recreate the game... how you take what someone says and completely twist it makes me wonder about your mental state. I just said that it was an example of poor programming. The game should have been that way in the first place. But since it isn't, we have to deal with it the way it is. Which I am fine with too.... I'm not the one trying to change the mechanics of the game... you are. And I am willing to accept the change.... but only if it is fairly distributed... which brings us to this:

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Dual wielders don't get grips because A) there is no slot for said grip and adding the slots would be a big undertaking and B) because they already get better stat options than grips offer from their secondary weapon.
    You're not a programmer for SE, neither am I. For all we know it would take as much effort to allow H2H to have grips as it would be to make it so dual wielders could have grips. As for B... that doesn't make sense, they wouldn't be dual wielding if you took weapon off for grip.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    While we're at it though, let's roll with your idea. I'd love it if they gave h2h double the stats too. I'd love to get the stats from two h2h items instead of just one. I'm on board with your idea. Let's split up the h2h slots instead of adding grips. I want to dual wield tinhaspas.
    It wouldn't make a difference though, because you already hit with both hands as if you are "dual wielding" two weapons. Think of a NIN with two Pamuns. Same thing. You only get the katana skill of that weapon in that particular hand. They don't stack.
    (0)

  2. #32
    Player Catmato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    604
    Character
    Catmato
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    For all we know it would take as much effort to allow H2H to have grips as it would be to make it so dual wielders could have grips.
    How could you possibly believe that? There's an available slot for grip with H2H.
    (1)

  3. #33
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    How could you possibly believe that? There's an available slot for grip with H2H.
    because they would have to do programming to change the rules in how the slots behave. If it was something simple, they would have done it by now since they had promised to do it years ago.
    (0)

  4. #34
    Player Catmato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    604
    Character
    Catmato
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into methods of utilizing the sub slot for hand-to-hand. We’ll take into consideration the balance of other weapons and will look to implement it at the right time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    promised
    I don't think you know what that word means.
    (5)

  5. #35
    Player Bigrob33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    28
    Character
    Novabane
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Something to think about that I hadn't seen brought up. When a dual wielding job equips two weapons, the bonus attributes effect both main and sub weapons. Just like a grip does for 2h weapons. H2h users don't get this luxury . The only exception to this rule is off-handing a R/E/M as far as I know.
    I see both sides but I agree with everyone that is for a grip for h2h users.
    (4)

  6. #36
    Player FrankReynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,592
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    btw, attacking a person rather than their argument is a logical argumentation fallacy as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    So I will say it again.... you see only what you want to see rather than what is the truth.

    ...how you take what someone says and completely twist it makes me wonder about your mental state.
    See what you did there? You keep trying to point out "logical fallacies" and it's just drawing attention to the ones in your arguments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    And also, yet again, you did not pay attention to what I said. I CLEARLY in my last post quoted myself THREE TIMES saying that I wasn't opposed to H2H getting a grip like item as long as dual wielders did too.
    Okay, as long as dual wielders lose all the stats from their second weapon, that sounds fair. I mean you don't want them getting a bonus that no one else gets right? Seems like a waste of time just to end up with the same result though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    And I never said they should recreate the game... how you take what someone says and completely twist it makes me wonder about your mental state.
    The fact that it upsets you that much when people take your arguments to their logical conclusions makes me wonder about your mental state. People are talking about adding the ability to equip items in an empty item slot that behaves in exactly the same way as other items used in the exact same empty item slot and your argument is "no, they should't do that unless they reprogram everything and create more item slots (that will often be left empty by other jobs) in order to give a bonus to jobs that don't actually need it because they already get stats from that slot".

    I'm sure that you would love for people to say "oh yeah, I guess that isn't fair to not add a grip for dual wielders..." unfortunately most people realize that the reason dual wielders don't already have a grip is because:

    Hur DUr! they have another weapon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    I just said that it was an example of poor programming. The game should have been that way in the first place.
    Says you. You seem to have a shaky grasp of what the word "Should" means. It works exactly how they wanted it to. If they wanted h2h items to take two slots, they would have either just done that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    You're not a programmer for SE, neither am I. For all we know it would take as much effort to allow H2H to have grips as it would be to make it so dual wielders could have grips.
    LMAO. Sure...

    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    As for B... that doesn't make sense, they wouldn't be dual wielding if you took weapon off for grip.
    The point was that they don't need grips because most secondary weapons already offers better stats than grips do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    It wouldn't make a difference though, because you already hit with both hands as if you are "dual wielding" two weapons. Think of a NIN with two Pamuns. Same thing. You only get the katana skill of that weapon in that particular hand. They don't stack.
    And we're just pretending that DEX+7 Attack+23 Evasion+12 isn't there?
    (2)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 01-08-2015 at 11:47 AM.

  7. #37
    Player Mystaticromance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    18
    Character
    Mystaticromance
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Grip for H2H is perfectly logical. The overwrap is a great example of how to implement a H2H (See how I didn't just say MNK/PUP???) enhancement. It also feels very naked to only have the main slot used when basically every other job can utilize the off-hand slot for something.
    (3)

  8. #38
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,401
    I just don't see why a job that dual wields nearly 180 DMG fists on each hand with a delay of like 70 or 80, needs something else in their sub slot, also Black Belt is still a top tier belt that other DDs can't compare to. Sure it may be overrated now with things like Windbuffet and such, but being able to reach half the haste cap in a single slot is pretty boss. MNK has a lot going for it and maybe it could use some other buffs here and there, but I don't think an extra gear slot and a new category of equipment solely for 2 jobs is the right answer. To be fair, grips at least accomodate more than just SAM WAR DRG DRK, mages that uses staves also benefit highly from grips. Handwraps would only benefit MNK and PUP. The ridiculousness of SAM, THF, DNC aside, MNK is still top tier. The only handwraps I would tolerate would be like HP+10, or like DEX+2. Anything reaching the level of what grips offer(which still is pretty lackluster compared to the crazy offhand weapons 1h jobs get) would be unfair since 2h weapons are ridiculously slow and the WS are awfully weak(compared to new 1h buffs, and Fudo).
    (0)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 01-19-2015 at 09:13 AM.

  9. #39
    Player FrankReynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,592
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I just don't see why a job that dual wields nearly 180 DMG fists on each hand with a delay of like 70 or 80, needs something else in their sub slot, also Black Belt is still a top tier belt that other DDs can't compare to. Sure it may be overrated now with things like Windbuffet and such, but being able to reach half the haste cap in a single slot is pretty boss. MNK has a lot going for it and maybe it could use some other buffs here and there, but I don't think an extra gear slot and a new category of equipment solely for 2 jobs is the right answer. To be fair, grips at least accomodate more than just SAM WAR DRG DRK, mages that uses staves also benefit highly from grips. Handwraps would only benefit MNK and PUP. The ridiculousness of SAM, THF, DNC aside, MNK is still top tier. The only handwraps I would tolerate would be like HP+10, or like DEX+2. Anything reaching the level of what grips offer(which still is pretty lackluster compared to the crazy offhand weapons 1h jobs get) would be unfair since 2h weapons are ridiculously slow and the WS are awfully weak(compared to new 1h buffs, and Fudo).
    When's the last time you heard of someone using a black belt outside of a -PDT set? They made it so that every job can hit the haste cap almost by default. Black belt is a macro piece now if it's used at all.
    (0)

  10. #40
    Player Singforu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    158
    Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    When's the last time you heard of someone using a black belt outside of a -PDT set? They made it so that every job can hit the haste cap almost by default. Black belt is a macro piece now if it's used at all.
    salvage before can get cap haste in other slots.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4