Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    No h2h is swinging one weapon with both hands, not unlike 2h, it is the exact same item, the left fist swings with this item, then the right fist swings with this item, each process points at the same object in the code, looking at it from a programming perspective, which is the most basic level we can get to in FFXI terms.
    by that reasoning, you are taking off your weapon from one hand, and putting it on your other hand between each swing. Which isn't a very reasonable thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Also, the triple damage will not activate on double or triple attacks from the main hand either, that doesn't mean it was swung somehow in the offhand either lol, it simply means only the first attack in the attack round has the capability of proccing, it happens to always be one hand, because that hand always attacks first.
    Put a mandau in your offhand on THF, it will not proc.
    (0)

  2. #22
    Player Selindrile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    628
    Character
    Selindrile
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    by that reasoning, you are taking off your weapon from one hand, and putting it on your other hand between each swing. Which isn't a very reasonable thing.
    By that reasoning, I realize that the process that determines my attacks references a single item regardless despite it being attributed to different hands, because it is a computer simulation, and logistically for immersion, I realize that it is considered pieces of something working in unison accomplishing a goal, a cart with two wheels is considered one cart, a weapon with two pieces can still be considered one weapon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    Put a mandau in your offhand on THF, it will not proc.
    Multiattack with a Mandau in your main hand on Thf, it will not proc on any attack except the first despite it being the same hand because again, it is not your first attack of the round. Also Verethragna's a weird thing to point out because it's aftermath only makes your off-hand deal multiple damage, apparently.

    Also I'll point out, to right FFXI with your vision of immersion:
    1.) Seperate hand slots so you can wear a different glove on each hand.
    2.) Seperate feet slots so you can wear a different shoe on each foot.
    2.) Seperate H2H weapons so you can put one on each hand.

    So creating two more item slots and changing the way all H2H weapons work, and probably need to make kick attacks specific to which shoe is being worn when kicking, and I'm not sure how you feel about perhaps making gloves more important to H2H damage when not wielding H2H weapon, or if each weapon attack should reference a specific glove, but then again I'm not really sure how my shoes or belt is helping my main hand attack in this scenario. But I'm sure we'd have a lot of wrongs to right!

    For the OP and myself and most people in general:
    1.) They create new sub items that give monks another slot to use, because people enjoy the feeling of using all their equipment slots.

    Which do you think is more reasonable and likely to happen from our dev team, lol.
    I also apologize if TL;DR, I sometimes enjoy ranting.
    (2)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 01-03-2015 at 11:15 PM.

  3. #23
    Player FrankReynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,592
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    ...Which isn't a very reasonable thing.
    Neither is the fact that I can fit 99 arrows in the same space that only fits 1 stone. It's a game. It doesn't have to make sense. Even though, in this case it does.
    (3)

  4. #24
    Player FrankReynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,592
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    It's not being butt hurt, it's called stop taking advantage of poor programming and trying to get something for free that doesn't belong.
    There is nothing poor about the programming. They considered h2h a single slot, so they put it in one slot. attachments to h2h weapons belong just as much as any other attachment. You just don't like them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    edit: and as for your argument about footwork mode.... then add something that attaches to your foot.
    okay, how about some socks that behave exactly the same way a grip would?
    (2)

  5. #25
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    There is nothing poor about the programming. They considered h2h a single slot, so they put it in one slot. attachments to h2h weapons belong just as much as any other attachment. You just don't like them.
    It has nothing to do with like or dislike. It has to do with what makes logical sense. It most definitely is bad programming. They put a single weapon slot for a weapon that is two weapons. H2H is holding a weapon in each of their hands. Dual Wielders hold a weapon in each of their hands. H2H shouldn't get something extra when dual wielders don't. I can see why they did it though, it's lazy programming. They would have to have put in extra rules just for H2H.
    (0)

  6. #26
    Player FrankReynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,592
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    It has nothing to do with like or dislike. It has to do with what makes logical sense. It most definitely is bad programming. They put a single weapon slot for a weapon that is two weapons. H2H is holding a weapon in each of their hands. Dual Wielders hold a weapon in each of their hands. H2H shouldn't get something extra when dual wielders don't. I can see why they did it though, it's lazy programming. They would have to have put in extra rules just for H2H.
    or..... h2h weapons are smaller and fit in the same amount of space that a single dagger, katana, axe etc. fit.

    Your reasoning is ridiculous. I can carry 160 great axes if I want. I have two gloves in one slot. two boots in one slot. yet a ring takes an entire slot.

    There is no real logic as to what you can carry and where other than: That is how they chose to make it.

    EDIT: I got bored and decided to look it up. They did say they were thinking about adding a grip type item at one point, but I guess they never got around to it.

    "We are currently looking into methods of utilizing the sub slot for hand-to-hand. We’ll take into consideration the balance of other weapons and will look to implement it at the right time. "
    (2)

  7. #27
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    or..... h2h weapons are smaller and fit in the same amount of space that a single dagger, katana, axe etc. fit.

    Your reasoning is ridiculous. I can carry 160 great axes if I want. I have two gloves in one slot. two boots in one slot. yet a ring takes an entire slot.

    There is no real logic as to what you can carry and where other than: That is how they chose to make it.
    you didn't pay attention to what i wrote. i didn't say anything about inventory, and i didn't say anything about the size of the weapon. so your response is ridiculous.
    (0)

  8. #28
    Player FrankReynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,592
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    you didn't pay attention to what i wrote. i didn't say anything about inventory, and i didn't say anything about the size of the weapon. so your response is ridiculous.
    I read everything you wrote. I don't need your permission to bring inventory or the size of the weapon into the discussion. They are relevant to the discussion without having to be brought up by you.

    You honestly have no real argument other than personal preference. And that's fine. But it doesn't make you right.
    (3)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 01-06-2015 at 06:32 AM.

  9. #29
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I read everything you wrote. I don't need your permission to bring inventory or the size of the weapon into the discussion. They are relevant to the discussion without having to be brought up by you.

    You honestly have no real argument other than personal preference. And that's fine. But it doesn't make you right.
    you said my reasoning was ridiculous and brought those up in the same line. what you did is called Strawman. It is a logical argumentation fallacy.

    My argument is very sound. It's that you are choosing to not look at what is right in front of your eyes. There is one icon for h2h, but you wield two weapons; just like there is one icon for feet, but you wear two sune-ate. you can't argue with that. it is a fact. you have been trying to make an attempt to argue against that, and I don't see why. has nothing to do with personal preference. it's can i see my character, yes i can, he has one weapon on one fist and another weapon on the other. you are just choosing not to see it so you can try and make an argument to get something you want.
    (0)

  10. #30
    Player FrankReynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,592
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    ... is called Strawman. It is a logical argumentation fallacy.
    What do they call it when you misrepresent your own argument? Like for instance when you just really don't want them to add something, but instead you argue that two weapons must take two item slots, while completely ignoring the other pairs of items that do not take two item slots...

    Calling my argument a strawman is a strawman in and of itself. INCEPTION!

    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    My argument is very sound. It's that you are choosing to not look at what is right in front of your eyes. There is one icon for h2h, but you wield two weapons; just like there is one icon for feet, but you wear two sune-ate. you can't argue with that. it is a fact. you have been trying to make an attempt to argue against that, and I don't see why. has nothing to do with personal preference. it's can i see my character, yes i can, he has one weapon on one fist and another weapon on the other. you are just choosing not to see it so you can try and make an argument to get something you want.
    I see that my character has two weapons. I also see that he has two heavy metal boots that are far larger than a dagger or a katana and certainly larger than some four finger rings, but somehow still only take one item slot. Where is the justice in that? Why aren't you demanding that they add more item slots for each boot? Could it be because you are faking this incredibly specific case of OCD regarding item slots? Could it be that you just don't want H2H jobs to have something nice?

    Grips are technically a part of the weapon anyways. They shouldn't require any item slots at all. The only reason that they do is to allow for more customization in gear sets. Face it man. You have no logical argument. It's all emotion.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast