Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95

Forum adjustments ... thoughts and ideas

I have read alot of posts and did some myself. Regardless if its helpful ,a complaint, sytem error , a new idea, suggestions to change, what ever the forums are awsome gives us a chancde to tell you what we think.
    My issue is now with language and people being bashed. From a parent of 2 kids .... My kids do like to come into the room and talk to me and recently I have seen cussing and plain rudeness to other players on threads. While I cant condone any of this or agree with I do say it isnt cival in any way and sorta draws me away from wanting to post more or come to this unless people are actively held accoutable for there actions or a system is adjusted for this. My ideas are this....
    Report button
    I know i might not be liked but seriously a report button need to be added? When you feel like your getting harased or insulted or cussed at? This should never be a issue on a offical froum or done to my understanding. And should be addressed and this added so moderator can see it. This in the long run will promote more friendlier use of the forums in my ideas and each moderator can depict the actions need for each.
    language filter
    A language/cuss filter need to be added to the forums. On a offical site where things should be civial maybe this could solve some of the issues

Just for clarifcation.... This isnt ffxiah.com wikki etc its SE's offical forum where devellopers and stuff read and take insight and offer advice... why cant we act like its the offical forum just not another forum on a random other site.

Just my thoughts
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    No, a user should not have to publicly state and ask for moderator support in a thread. a report button is absolutely 100% unequivocally necessary. Otherwise, an attacker knows who is "turning them in" and would very likely be subject to retaliation.

Or maybe I'm reading you wrong and you're saying a report button DOES need to be added? In which case, there already is one in the bottom left corner of every post.

The mods will delete inflammatory language, so it's better to not have a curse filter and let moderation take care of it if it becomes a real issue.
    (0)

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I got ya. i was unaware of thos already in place. Wasnt attacks against me per say. just I had on screen and was reading when my son walked in room why I was making a thread. just wanted a cival based forum actualy since after all is a offical forum ty for info Alhanelem
    (1)
    Last edited by Morgantisthedon; 04-03-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    coming back to this thread... People on this seem to not understand civial or know how to have a debate in a normal tone. It turns into bashing cussing etc. At least SE should incoperate a cuss filter. I shouldnt have to file a report because i have a kid who reads my screen. After all in game there is a filter I can press when He does enter the room . On here, the offical forum needs one. I shouldnt have to report people all time just because the dont know proper english and cant type with out slang garbage being posted on the screen. It should just not be alowed to be entered as text on the forums. This would solve the abundant cursing people seem to only know.
    (1)
    Last edited by Morgantisthedon; 11-20-2011 at 08:15 AM.