Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Is it worth it to make Reforged AF3 'Superior Gear', but ACTUALLY superior?

This is my question:

Is it worth it to make Reforged AF3 'Superior Gear', but ACTUALLY superior?

Would you be willing to spend 50 job points to equip reforged AF3, but to have ACTUALLY be superior?

Would you prefer this with or without mats included in the reforging process?

Could Abyssea AF3+1 papers be used to reforged to 109 or 119 directly?

Please share your thoughts on these suggestion.

Thank you.
    (0)

Player
    In my opinion, it would be bad to make it "actually superior" because then the balance of the triad (artifact, relic, empyrean) would be thrown off.

There's no reason one should be straight up stronger than the other two.
    (1)
    Last edited by Crevox; 12-28-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think they should just stick with the system that's worked well for the other two sets and leave JPs out of the equation.
    (2)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Just give AF3 stat vomit and increase their bonuses by a few %. I mean really, looking at some of the AF3, its still relevant for use when it comes to specific abilities, but all they really need are their respective stat vomit.
    (1)

Personally I think they should just do a stat increase on Empy armor like with the other two sets. BUT, they should also add Superior bonuses to the 3 sets as well. Since it's all JSE gear giving the sets additional Superior perks would make sense.

Something like increasing set bonuses from wearing 2 or more set pieces would be good.

Edit > It would also be nice if these superior set bonuses helped specialize sets of armor.

For instance RDM AF is very much supposed to be focused on a melee-mage type of gameplay (Shield skill, parry, etc.) So maybe give that set a Superior bonus the increased melee stats in some way. Relic on the other hand is more focused on the Enfeebling, so the Superior bonuses should enhance that part of the job. And Empyrian is more focused on Enhancing so the bonuses should be focused on increasing enhancing magic effectiveness.

If they could do that for all JSE sets for all the jobs it would be great IMHO.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 12-29-2014 at 01:37 AM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The "superior" flag is being reserved for crafted gear. Unless they put some kind of crafting spin on the Empyrean armor reforge (not "AF3!" Relic armor, not AF2!), it isn't going to have the "superior" flag.

People are taking this crap way out of context. The Su1 flag is NOTHING MORE than a thing on the item that says "Must have 50 job points on the job to equip this." It literally means NOTHING else. All they wanted to do was put 119 crafted items behind a wall so that you'd still have to "do content" before you can use them, e.g. not be able to just buy your way to 119.
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'd love to see upgraded Empyrean Armor. Ideally it wouldn't be locked behind Superior level, but they might do that.

If they just put stat vomit on the upgraded Empyrean armor and left the set effects alone, that would be fine by me. I'd really like to see some bonuses to the original unique traits too, though. Like, for Dancer:
    AF3+4 head could have +30% Climactic Flourish and +11 STP
    AF3+4 body could have +15% DW, +12 Subtle Blow, and +75% Striking Flourish crit rate
    AF3+4 hands could have +15 Skillchain Bonus and +15 to the Reverse Flourish squared term
    AF3+4 pants could have a ton of evasion and +2.5 TP/parry
    AF3+4 feet could have +4% Feather Step and +15 STP
    (5)

This is a terrible idea. No thanks. Empy gear with stat vomit will already be awesome. I don't want it locked behind a bunch of grinding. Frankly the entire superior idea is stupid because anyone that has 50 CAP points is already going to have 119 gear for their job. I mean you'd have to be pretty moronic to spend that much time playing a job and not put any effort into gearing it with reforged armor/skirmish/unity

Even if you can't get into any delve on your job there is plenty of ways to get 119 gear which are waaaaay easier and less time consuming than grinding 50 cap points.

If they lock empy behind SU I will be very unhappy. It should just require reforging like other armor.
    (3)
    Last edited by Olor; 12-30-2014 at 03:13 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The "superior" flag is being reserved for crafted gear. Unless they put some kind of crafting spin on the Empyrean armor reforge (not "AF3!" Relic armor, not AF2!), it isn't going to have the "superior" flag.

People are taking this crap way out of context. The Su1 flag is NOTHING MORE than a thing on the item that says "Must have 50 job points on the job to equip this." It literally means NOTHING else. All they wanted to do was put 119 crafted items behind a wall so that you'd still have to "do content" before you can use them, e.g. not be able to just buy your way to 119.
    This guy knows what's up. Artifact, Relic, and Empy can't just be bought with gil. You have to get them, get your chapters, and all the other stuff that makes you actually play the game. That's what keeps them out of reach. Superior gear is so they can add craftable gear that is 119 without people just being able to buy it with the gil they bought from a rmt after abby burning to 99. That is all. Ladies and gents put down your torches and pitchforks.

I have seen the stats on the superior gear they just added and to me they look like it will fill roles of gear sets that you would only use if you really enjoy that particular job. Like for thf there is two pieces that I would actually use. The Sombra Harness which would go into my mab set for Aeolian Edge, Lunge, and Swipe. And The Sombra Mittens for my fastcast set, but they only beat out Thaumas Gloves if they are +1. Even then it's the same amount of fast cast, but with 1% more haste.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    This is a terrible idea. No thanks. Empy gear with stat vomit will already be awesome. I don't want it locked behind a bunch of grinding. Frankly the entire superior idea is stupid because anyone that has 50 CAP points is already going to have 119 gear for their job. I mean you'd have to be pretty moronic to spend that much time playing a job and not put any effort into gearing it with reforged armor/skirmish/unity

Even if you can't get into any delve on your job there is plenty of ways to get 119 gear which are waaaaay easier and less time consuming than grinding 50 cap points.
    More playing devil's advocate, but wouldn't that make Superior make sense for Empy? It'd be 119 gear that's better than other 119 gear. But to use it, you would have to "level up" through JPs. Besides the blatant QQ of the forums surrounding anything having to do with JPs, I think it'd make sense, and while I wouldn't welcome it, I don't think I'd cry about it either.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast