Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Returning player: What's still relevant?

Hi, I'm a returning player that played from the CoP era until shortly after the start of Voidwatch. I have MNK, NIN, and DNC at 99, with sparks gear (although I need an off-hand for the latter two), so I think I should be good to start Adoulin content. However, there's a problem:

My inventory is practically riddled with older content gear and upgrade materials. Elemental magian trial stuff, partially completed empyrean weapons, seals for empyrean armor, and so on. I was wondering what should be kept, and what should be tossed.

From the sounds of things, REM weapons and AF/Relic armor should be kept, as they can be upgraded to 119, and I may wish to finish getting +2 empyrean armor that impacts job abilities for equipment swaps. Anything else?
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post
    My inventory is practically riddled with older content gear and upgrade materials. Elemental magian trial stuff, partially completed empyrean weapons, seals for empyrean armor, and so on. I was wondering what should be kept, and what should be tossed.

From the sounds of things, REM weapons and AF/Relic armor should be kept, as they can be upgraded to 119, and I may wish to finish getting +2 empyrean armor that impacts job abilities for equipment swaps. Anything else?
    First off. Welcome back!

SE will be making a path to upgrade AF3, by the sound of it we're looking at FEB/MAR 2015 so I'd finish the EMP weapons as they can be upgraded to ilvl119 and finish any AF3+2 pieces for jobs you want to play. I have a feeling that while Abyssea is empty right now, it's going to be busy with that update as people rush in to make a few missing AF3+2 pieces to forge into ilvl119's.

AF/Relic/REM's are already able to be upgraded to ilvl119 so I'd definitely work toward that. Spark gear is situationally still good for macro pieces even after you have AF/Relic upgraded to 119 so it's good to keep that even as you upgrade other pieces.

I have a dedicated mule I send all upgrade items since they can be dboxed inside contentID so that saves me some storage woes. Also there have been more moogle storage npc coupons made, which may hold some of your items as well.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Urth why dont we just talk about it on IRC lol... I saw you online and figured you'd been playing the whole time.

Some older gear are still viable as macro pieces, so I wouldn't just go around casually throwing away anything not on that list.

Empyrean armor will eventually recieve an upgrade, so store the ones you arent going to use on the porter moogle.
    (0)

Character
    Kimowar
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 50
    I just came back as well, I think the game is dead, theres no one around and the few I see don't talk to other players
    (0)

Hi, I'm a returning player that played from the CoP era until shortly after the start of Voidwatch. I have MNK, NIN, and DNC at 99, with sparks gear (although I need an off-hand for the latter two), so I think I should be good to start Adoulin content. However, there's a problem:

I'm dealing with the same problem. I had a forced 14 month break, during which Adoulin came out, and all my inventory bags are full of stuff I don't remember what they are for anymore. Looking up every item would take quite a while. Trying to figure out what I should do with it all.

http://imgur.com/a/KeA7Z

I screenshotted everything with a program called Baggage, which shows your inventory in a window while FFXI isn't running (based on cached data files from your FFXI profile folder). Managing this all is quite an ordeal, and I'm not sure what I should keep, sell, use for upgrades, etc.

I main BLM and SAM, but I haven't even had an idea of a good gear set for either job until recently. The full inventory is why I have wanted one baseline set to main in before I even start looking at gearswaps, since I have no room for additional pieces for each slot.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm kinda scarce on the IRC really, due to often being on there at work.

Anyway, for starters I'd ask if any magian trials besides empyrean are worth it? Can I just get rid of all these geodes and such? On a related note, I heard Walk of Echoes was more important, something about unlocking weaponskills. So do I need to go make a WoE magian weapon, even for the types I've started down the empyrean path with?
    (2)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm kinda scarce on the IRC really, due to often being on there at work.

Anyway, for starters I'd ask if any magian trials besides empyrean are worth it? Can I just get rid of all these geodes and such? On a related note, I heard Walk of Echoes was more important, something about unlocking weaponskills. So do I need to go make a WoE magian weapon, even for the types I've started down the empyrean path with?
    Not really, no. Minor use still for certain elemental magian staves but there is better stuff obtainable even there. R/M/E weapons only real use for magian system now.
    (0)

So do I need to go make a WoE magian weapon, even for the types I've started down the empyrean path with?
    It's the easiest way to get empy WS... just buying coins, dice and residue and trading them in...
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Easiest? What other methods are there, besides just using it on the empy weapon itself?
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Easiest? What other methods are there, besides just using it on the empy weapon itself?
    There is now a quest you can do to unlock the empy weaponskills so they can be used without the empy weapon. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Wa...n_Skill_Trials
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast