Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    A comes before D based on that initial sequence. I'd have also attempted the A/C/B/D, if that did not work then I'd keep D following A, A/D/B/C, A/D/C/B.

Also, if your able to voicechat, I find the lamp floors flow much quicker than trying to do them in /p.

(Edit)
    It's been too many years since I've done these and I should have glanced at bg-wiki before replying, sorry for the confusion.

The ones that stay lit are the ones done in the right order.

So if you started at ABCD and AD remained lit, then the solution is ACBD.

Sorry for the confusion I added, I edited my previous post.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jile; 12-23-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The correct one will stay on unless you press it in the wrong order, when I said it's not sequential, I meant that, it doesn't matter which are right or wrong, if it's right it stays on, if it's wrong it turns off.

so if you do A > B > C > D and A and D stay lit, then A is always first and D is always last.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Voice chat is hard to set up because you have to get everyone to install external resources, whereas party chat relies on stuff that everyone already has. Also I find that the written record makes it better for something like this since you can refer back to it.

Are you saying is that if you don't get it right on any particular try, you can at best ascertain that one is in its correct place? If the order is A>C>B>D and you try A>B>C>D, will only one lamp, A, remain lit?
    If you play with a group of people on a regular basis, it's easier to have such tools installed and working in advance. Also, things like Skype and Mumble are accessible from smartphones, letting you plan things and participate outside the game when you may not have access to be logged in.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Player
    from another thread in which I gave advice on nyzul:

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    The majority of the time lamp floors will only have sneak aggro mobs. Use a sneak oil, or be adept at being able to trigger a lamp without getting "event skipped" message. One person should be in charge of telling everyone else what to do on Order lamps. Hopefully, Machini, you have someone in your group that has a logical mind. When someone gets to a lamp they type "1", then the next person types "2" when they get a lamp. and so on. If someone has more than one lamp, they need to not be retarded and remember which one is "3" and which one is "4". After a few seconds the lamps will either stay on or go off. Everyone needs to say "1 on", "2 off", "3 off", etc. I prefer if people type it out just in case someone does something stupid like not go when they are supposed to go and i have the evidence in chatlog to bitch them out. Once you tell them the new revised order (shift everything over by one, but making sure that if any were on they stay in that position) each person will type "/" to let people know they have gone.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    A few us only do Nyzule with everyone on skype (if they don't have a mic, then they still use skype to listen to us talk).

We give everyone a letter, like A/B/C/D above.

Everyone says if they found a lamp and stays at it.

The leader says an order, like: D, C, B, A. Then everyone responds:

D done.
    C done
    B done.
    A done.

Followed by:

D off
    C on
    B off
    A on.

Leader repeats the process by saying another order: xCxA (not C and A remained on, so their orders are correct. The solution in this case is to swap B and D as those are the only other positions that D and B can occupy in the order:

B done
    C done
    D done
    A done.
    All lamps go on. Rune of Release gets triggered and we go up to the next floor.

If NO or FEW lamps light up, then it means our original order DCBA is wrong. For every lamp that doesn't remain on, we put it in a different spot in the order.

If you did D first and D didn't remain on, then D must be in the second, third or fourth position in the order.

If C remains on, then you know D can't be in the second position in the order, etc.

I'm hope, I'm making the logic clear.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2