Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Player

dagger ws too OP?

does anybody else get POED when u go to wildskeeper reive for bayld farming and u get a bunch of thieves and dancers spamming 23-25k rundras and kill boss in less than five mins? SE, methinks, unintentionally screwed the pooch on this one. this totally ruins wkr bayld farming as 5 mins isnt nearly enuff time to cap out your bayld. doing 23k dmg against a wkr boss is just stupid and retarded, since you dont make any bayld and plus, you ruin the gameplay. by the time somebody shouts, you see the shout, get ur access ki, tele there, boss is already dead. went to 3 wkrs that started at over 90 percent. by the time i got it, got past the lag, got trusts out, boss was already dead and i wasted the fee for the ki. overpowering dagger weaponskills to this extent is one of the stupidest things that SE has ever done. i mean, dagger of all weapons. the weapon that does the least dmg. COME ON SE! pop your heads out and look at what you did. sheesh
    (2)

SE. Thank you for making this adjustment to dagger, please don't change anything regarding dagger! Everyone who plays THF love the new dmg!

SE. Please, do make similar changes to other weapons.

<Take care>
    (13)

Player
    i dont mind SE upping the damage, but they need to tone down rundras storm. no point going to a reive when u got a bunch of thfs spamming rs for that much dmg. time and a place for that kind of dmg and reives arent the time or place for a number of reasons. and i might point out that this is gonna get a lot of ppl pissed at thfs doing so too. its gonna be like back in the day when everybody would get pissed when a bst came around to level or skill.
    (0)

I do understand your frustration. I also see THF being invited 95% more often to relevant content after the Rudra's update. While I do feel other damage needs brought 'up' to the standard Rudra's now sets, it would be deplorable to take this gift to THF's back as fast as they gave it.

This sounds awful but... if you want WKR to last longer, take a group of friends/ls-mates and quietly and slowly take one down instead of waiting on shouts.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtexan View Post
    its gonna be like back in the day when everybody would get pissed when a bst came around to level or skill.
    BST upset people due to a lack of others interest in inviting them to their parties so BST would dominate party areas due to unsociability of others. This is a bit different as in most situations THF is much more highly desired because of this change.

I do understand your concern and I do hope they don't adjust-down this boost either.
    (1)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by jbtexan View Post
    i dont mind SE upping the damage, but they need to tone down rundras storm. no point going to a reive when u got a bunch of thfs spamming rs for that much dmg. time and a place for that kind of dmg and reives arent the time or place for a number of reasons. and i might point out that this is gonna get a lot of ppl pissed at thfs doing so too. its gonna be like back in the day when everybody would get pissed when a bst came around to level or skill.
    No point in going to a reive? Are you trying to solo the reive? Because I don't know about you but when I got to a reive I try to kill it as fast as I can and gtfo with my loot.
    (3)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I would say THF and DNC aren't quite "spamming" 25k Rudra's, they still rely on SA (1min recast) or CF (1:30 recast) respectively to deal 25k, also right now we're in the wkr event so more people are doing wkr = boss living less time.

What I'd suggest if lag + boss health being an issue, kill the other mobs, you get credit either way and it's probably easier to churn out damage on the other mobs anyway.
    (4)

Player
    i had already thought of that tidis. problem is, when u stack up 6 or 7 thfs on a boss, and if each one SA +RS for say, 23kish plus 10k on average for skillchain, ur looking at over 100k dmg easily for that many ppl. and thats just with SA. one min countdown, and there they go again. ergo, boss lasts about 5 mins. thats barely enuff time for one evaluation and then the bit u get at the end. im not villifying anybody using RS on wkr, its just annoying when u try to farm bayld since wkr are the best option for doing so atm aside from impuratars. not only are they limiting they rewards they get, it limits the rewards other players get. you know what i mean?
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I like the Dagger WS update for a few reasons:
    1) I am about a week from completing all of the RME daggers.
    2) It encourages skillchaining and collaboration between different DD jobs (as opposed to just using SAM on everything).
    3) People let me come Dancer to stuff again.

However, current content is obviously not designed for it, as demonstrated by your WKRs and every Unity NM. I would love to have a buff like this eventually, but I think SE needed to increase monster HP before doing this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Byrth; 12-23-2014 at 03:12 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    IMO it's just wrong to buff Fudo to OP level, then buff Rudra to OP lv, what's next? Our dmg just go up infinitely without the need to increase ilv.

1h DD shouldn't be on par/beat 2h DD as well. Almost all the 1h DD job offers something more than dealing dmg, what does 2h DD offer besides DRG's angon and DRK's stun?

I vote for a nerf, yeah.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    IMO it's just wrong to buff Fudo to OP level, then buff Rudra to OP lv, what's next? Our dmg just go up infinitely without the need to increase ilv.

1h DD shouldn't be on par/beat 2h DD as well. Almost all the 1h DD job offers something more than dealing dmg, what does 2h DD offer besides DRG's angon and DRK's stun?

I vote for a nerf, yeah.
    You would have a valid point if the jobs that use those weapons skills did bring something to the table other than damage. And no Treasure Hunter doesn't count. Thf's enmity control flat out doesn't work, I honestly get more use out of flash than accomplish and collaborator. As for dancer I don't know for sure but I remember seeing Bryth post something about how little steps matter when they changed the timers to 5 seconds, and he knows his dancer. Bards can use rudra's too, but they aren't dropping 25k+ weapons skills. It's almost like what makes that weapons skill good is a unique ability of thf and dnc. Also can't help but notice the lack of outrage for the buff to one handed sword weaponskills, even though you claim that one handed jobs shouldn't beat out two handed. I guess that doesn't matter for your favorite job blu.
    (1)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast