Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    There was a guy who screenshotted doing a 113559 barrage to Volatile Matamata that he claims took it from 46% to 0 by itself and that mob has a little over 2 mil hp... so that would be around 1 mil dmg but not as much showed. And previously when the display cap was around 63k people were clearly going over it and it would just roll around and they'd one shot mobs with 65k+ hp
    The maximum you can see *before day/weather multipliers* is 99999 (used to be 9999). However, multipliers added at the end can result in a displayed number that goes over 9999. When using Odin on NMs when it came out, I would frequently see it do 9999 damage when used at the start of a fight; but sometimes, if it was darksday or dark weather, I would see numbers over 10000. The 9999 cap was later increased to 9999 as ways of doing that much damage increased, i believe.

I've also seen (back before Audolin came out) weapon skills that did 9999 damage but resulted in a skillchain that did more than 10000. It's an awkward design in any case, because it was definitely dealing more damage than the 9999 stated.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The maximum you can see *before day/weather multipliers* is 99999 (used to be 9999). However, multipliers added at the end can result in a displayed number that goes over 9999. When using Odin on NMs when it came out, I would frequently see it do 9999 damage when used at the start of a fight; but sometimes, if it was darksday or dark weather, I would see numbers over 10000. The 9999 cap was later increased to 9999 as ways of doing that much damage increased, i believe.

I've also seen (back before Audolin came out) weapon skills that did 9999 damage but resulted in a skillchain that did more than 10000. It's an awkward design in any case, because it was definitely dealing more damage than the 9999 stated.
    Are you sure 9999 was the display cap because 9999 was the cap on the ability of Zantetsuken before modifiers not display cap. And isn't it still that way? Also back in abyssea era it was somewhere between 60-65k and if you did more it would just wrap around so a 70k ws would say it only did 5k or something like that. I have a few screenshots somewhere of 1 shotting Shinryu with "15k" wildfires

Also what do you mean multipliers on the end? Most damage calcs are mostly a bunch of multipliers and in the case of magic dmg several things come after day/weather.
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 12-31-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Player
    dasva is correct, display cap was 65535 not 9999
    (0)

Character
    Encore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I can't help but feel like some of the argument isn't so much the actual use and utility of the job and more based off of "daggers and dancers shouldn't out-damage my battle axe."
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by jbtexan View Post
    does anybody else get POED when u go to wildskeeper reive for bayld farming and u get a bunch of thieves and dancers spamming 23-25k rundras and kill boss in less than five mins? SE, methinks, unintentionally screwed the pooch on this one. this totally ruins wkr bayld farming as 5 mins isnt nearly enuff time to cap out your bayld. doing 23k dmg against a wkr boss is just stupid and retarded, since you dont make any bayld and plus, you ruin the gameplay. by the time somebody shouts, you see the shout, get ur access ki, tele there, boss is already dead. went to 3 wkrs that started at over 90 percent. by the time i got it, got past the lag, got trusts out, boss was already dead and i wasted the fee for the ki. overpowering dagger weaponskills to this extent is one of the stupidest things that SE has ever done. i mean, dagger of all weapons. the weapon that does the least dmg. COME ON SE! pop your heads out and look at what you did. sheesh

First people cry that now the game is hard now there crying that its to easy make up your mind women!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Are you sure 9999 was the display cap because 9999 was the cap on the ability of Zantetsuken before modifiers not display cap.
    I remember seeing DRKs being able to do 9999 under specific circumstances during TOAU, and if they skillchained, the skillchain would do more than 9999.
    (0)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    qurtubs or whatever those undead were called took double dmg(also had double or triple hp i believe), and then the sc would do double that, remember seeing a 8k light from cannonball, and considering how weak even with sata blu magic was back then, i could defiantly see a dark sata spiral hell for stupid dmg back then... cant really think of much back then tho, that could have actually survived that kinda dmg tho...
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I remember seeing DRKs being able to do 9999 under specific circumstances during TOAU, and if they skillchained, the skillchain would do more than 9999.
    Perhaps I don't remember ever doing that much back then... either way right before it was changed to 99999 it was more around 65k which was easily doable in abyssea
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixtythree View Post
    I can't help but feel like some of the argument isn't so much the actual use and utility of the job and more based off of "daggers and dancers shouldn't out-damage my battle axe."
    Also people are wrapped up in what they thought was SE's design philosophy. That it's ok for jobs to be one-ability or one-event wonders. That hybrids shouldn't actually be good at anything. Some players' (virtual) world view has been turned on its head and they aren't handling it well.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Perhaps I don't remember ever doing that much back then... either way right before it was changed to 99999 it was more around 65k which was easily doable in abyssea
    65536 is probably what it was.
    (0)

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast