Character
    Shinomizu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Abyssea Time Calculation

Hello,

I want to report a bug with the Abyssea when extending the time. See my screenshot:

http://imgur.com/WiXZmyr

I had 69 minutes left, so I want to extend it with 1 stone (with my abysites, I get 45 minutes per stone). Why did it only grant me 11 minutes?
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The issue is based on how much time you spent previously without zoning. When you enter the zone, you have X amount of time leftover. At most, you can add 120 - X to your time; let's say you had 60 minutes, so you can get 60 more minutes. However, once you've hit "120", the game reads you as having spent the maximum amount you can on this visit. If you're down to 90 minutes and try to spend a stone to get 30 more back, you won't get a single minute back, because you've "maxed out" the amount of time you can get with stones without zoning. It's probably not a bug, likely a "working as intended" for people to be forced to zone and reset their lights. Something time sinks something something...

Anyway, the short of it is that the most time you can get without zoning out of the Abyssea area is 120 - X, where X is your time remaining when you entered the zone. It's stupid, but it's been there for a long time.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    It's probably not a bug, likely a "working as intended" for people to be forced to zone and reset their lights. Something time sinks something something...
    You can leave the probably out, this is indeed working as intended and it is exactly as you say.
    To get more time you'll have to farm azure and pearlescent lights to get the +10 minutes boxes to spawn.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I think at the very least it could be worded better as people often get confused by this aspect of Abyssea.
    (0)