Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Not sure I'd call thfs waiting for 1750 tp "spamming" ws especially if comparing it to sams actually spamming
    (0)

Player
    And waiting for JAs to be up often enough, that said, when they're doinitrite and have party coordination, they're outparsing said Sams on most targets, I'm not opposed to that, just saying they are admittedly ahead of the game, damage wise.
    (0)

As the one-handed weapon adjustments just took place very recently, we would like to monitor the balance between them and two-handed weapons for a while before we look into two-handed weapon adjustments.

Furthermore, as mentioned during Freshly Picked Vana’diel 14, the team would first like to prioritize pet and elemental magic adjustments.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    the team would first like to prioritize pet and elemental magic adjustments.

Oh my, thank you thank you thank you. Please think of people doing 35K damage weapon skills when you make these adjustments. Doing 500-1000 damage on a 30+ second timer with my crappy bunny is not going to net me a party slot. Especially since axe doesn't have a good WS like sword and dagger

(8)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

As the one-handed weapon adjustments just took place very recently, we would like to monitor the balance between them and two-handed weapons for a while before we look into two-handed weapon adjustments.
    I'm glad that by the wording of that, the main focus is adjusting up the dmg on two handed weapons rather than undoing the glorious boost to dagger. Thanks!

the team would first like to prioritize pet and elemental magic adjustments.
    While making these pet-adjustments please take another look at those 'new' foods that were made. I'm sure they were intended to give far more benefits to pets than the previous foods but they're a step in the wrong direction, worse than previous foods by far.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jile; 12-24-2014 at 04:26 AM.

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Furthermore, as mentioned during Freshly Picked Vana’diel 14, the team would first like to prioritize pet and elemental magic adjustments.
    why do you have to monitor balance when the math alone will handle it for you...many 1 handed and 2 handed jobs are still completely weak, scythe for instance is still garbage, and everyone still pales compared to SAM
    (2)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Oh my, thank you thank you thank you. Please think of people doing 35K damage weapon skills when you make these adjustments. Doing 500-1000 damage on a 30+ second timer with my crappy bunny is not going to net me a party slot. Especially since axe doesn't have a good WS like sword and dagger

I love how these reported numbers of rudra's keep getting higher and higher it's like some sort of hysteria. I admit I have has some fun built to 3000tp and stacked a rudra's storm with sneak attack and assassin's charge to hit numbers like that, but it isn't the average more like an outlier.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    I love how these reported numbers of rudra's keep getting higher and higher it's like some sort of hysteria. I admit I have has some fun built to 3000tp and stacked a rudra's storm with sneak attack and assassin's charge to hit numbers like that, but it isn't the average more like an outlier.
    I wasn't just talking about rudras, I am talking about other DDs and massive skillchain damage (my bunny currently can't even open a skill chain with its 750 damage foot kick)... also... I'd happily take any abilities that allowed me to hit anywhere near those numbers... heck I'd just be over the moon for some method of even getting 20K spike damage, I'd stack abilities all day for that... Sorry but for a pure DD (BST has no other function) we sure suck at DDing. I can hit my one hour and if my pet doesn't get terrored or paralyzed I might be able to get 5K damage out of it... that's if I am doing nothing at all but hitting my JA... meaning my own damage is negligible to non-existant.

Whatever number you want to use for Rudras I'd love to be able to get the same unstacked damage with my axes... it's currently not happening. I am very happy for thf and dnc that they got a boost... anyway, I don't see why you are complaining that people are mentioning outlier numbers... they happen. We know they happen... either way I am not getting anywhere near those numbers on bst ever even in ideal conditions.

I don't think it's unreasonable for the devs to keep that kind of spike damage in mind when they look at my pets especially since (Like sneak attack etc) their abilities are limited by timers, so even if my bunny was doing 15K foot kicks, it would still be fairly negligible in terms of overall damage that other jobs can put out in the same amount of time.

What I don't want to see is a 10 per cent boost and then calling it a day when others got MASSIVE improvements.
    (5)
    Last edited by Olor; 12-24-2014 at 07:25 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm glad that by the wording of that, the main focus is adjusting up the dmg on two handed weapons rather than undoing the glorious boost to dagger. Thanks
    You're reading too far into that. Largely because it is in no way a promise that they arent' going to adjust the ridiculously OP Rudra's.

Not every balance problem should be fixed (and in fact most should not) by turning everything else up to match the power of something that is more effective than intended. That's a terrible balancing policy - It leads to severe power creep issues and it is possible that eventually you get to a point where there's simply no room to adjust things upward anymore because of a long chain of buffing everything else to the most powerful thing every time you discover a balance issue.

Nobody likes nerfs, but sometimes they are necessary for good balance.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    And waiting for JAs to be up often enough, that said, when they're doinitrite and have party coordination, they're outparsing said Sams on most targets, I'm not opposed to that, just saying they are admittedly ahead of the game, damage wise.
    Depends on setup. Sams can do there thing without another DD and in fact another DD will lower there dmg often so comparing a setup with a couple of thfs to one with a sam and another DD yeah thfs win. But I'd imagine sam +5 support jobs vs a couple of thfs and there support might be different
    (1)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast