Thread: Superior Gear

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Superior Gear

I think we were all disapointed with the superior gear, i personally was hoping for new JSE gear that would have really defined our main jobs. As a summoner i was really not feeling any of the gar released on the december update. Are there any plans on releasing any Superior JSE gear in the next update?
    (2)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Is every new piece of crafted gear JSE? heck how much of all crafted gear is actually JSE? Very little. I'm not sure why you were expecting this. job specific bonuses are mostly reserved for AF-type stuff. Crafted gear rarely has this sort of thing, same with most gear obtained from point systems.

The Su1 label exists for one simple reason, to put a minimum requirement on being able to equip gear crafted for high ilvl, because they don't want people to be able to just buy their way to the top with no effort. it does not mean "oh, this is going to be the dream gear we've always wanted."

Now, if they actually advertised the gear as having job bonuses, and then those bonuses werent there or they really sucked, then I'd be with you here, but they never actually said anything of the sort.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-17-2014 at 01:37 AM.

3. 12-17-2014 06:06 AM

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The reason we expected [SU] gear to be JSE, is that you have to farm for example your WHM Jobpoints on the White Mage job, and farm 50 Jobpoints on that specific job to be able to equip the WHM [SU] gear
    I can understand why you'd think that, but the system is merely akin to leveling up to higher levels on each job and I don't feel like you can infer anything else from it, like what you can get from gear that requires su1. In other words, you could say that gear that says Su1 on it essentially requires Level 1xx to equip (because of the "exp" you have to earn to get there). That doesn't tell you anything about what the gear's stats will be (other than "More stats than the highest crafted gear that was available before"). Just the same, reaching a new actual level doesn't necessarily mean the gear that becomes available to you is more job-specific.
    (1)

Character
    Carcer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I can see both points, but I kind of have to agree with the OP; if you go out and you farm 50 job points, by that time even if you were doing it on high-yield capacity targets (for example, rakaznar) you'd STILL have ground enough sparks to complete an entire i119 artifact/relic reforge. At that point, what exactly do you gain from Superior gear except, currently, Refresh on a leg piece?
    I wouldn't mind seeing [SU2] being a crafter's market to maybe +2 our artifact/relic, or being used for Empyrean, for that very reason. At least then it would feel like it was worth grinding for.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I just don't see how Su gear is obligated to have job-specific characteristics on it just because job points are job specific. That's like saying all ordinary gear is obligated to have job specific stats because experience points are job specific...

The only reason the Su1 status exists is so that they could have the crafted gear have a higher equip requirement than "Lv99".
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-18-2014 at 03:34 AM.