Hybrid View

Trial of the Magians

Before I make 20ish openings in my mog, dropping all the currently-useless ToM weapons I've made, I figured I'd ask if there are any future dev plans to make ilvl paths for them?

Thanks for your time!
    (11)

I'm sure most of the community reps are recovering from or are still consuming mass amounts of alcohol since its a couple hours into 2015 there but once one of you recover from a hangover could one of you reply to this? Thanks!
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    Before I make 20ish openings in my mog, dropping all the currently-useless ToM weapons I've made, I figured I'd ask if there are any future dev plans to make ilvl paths for them?

Thanks for your time!
    I can't find the post right now, but there was a response from Camate months ago saying that Trial of the Magians equipment wasn't going to be boosted for iLevel. What is out for trials is all there is going to be, though they did add the trials to more quickly raise WoE weapons to be able to unlock the weaponskills without fighting all the NMs, so you only need the items that drop from WoE. Unity is how old weapons and armor are increased in levels now, including iLevel on some sets of equipment. Trials of the Magians is essentially deprecated.
    (2)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    I can't find the post right now, but there was a response from Camate months ago saying that Trial of the Magians equipment wasn't going to be boosted for iLevel. What is out for trials is all there is going to be, though they did add the trials to more quickly raise WoE weapons to be able to unlock the weaponskills without fighting all the NMs, so you only need the items that drop from WoE. Unity is how old weapons and armor are increased in levels now, including iLevel on some sets of equipment. Trials of the Magians is essentially deprecated.
    Thank you. I'll look closer through the forum's to see where I missed that response.
    (2)

Player
    They've gone back on multiple things they've said they had no plans for in the past. They originally said they weren't going to make an "all-in-one" obi, and now they're saying they're making it. I wouldn't count it out.

Besides that, community reps don't respond with answers generally on stuff like this. They only answer things here that have been answered by devs on the JP side of things, generally on the day it's posted on their side.
    (2)