Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Craptaculous
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Both puppetmaster and beastmaster pets have advantages that wyverns do not, and if we were to make them function the same way as wyverns we would have to remove these advantages. For example, fighting separate monsters with your pet and setting a pet on a monster which gives you the option to run away.

These are special characteristics of beastmaster and puppetmaster, and as such we do not want to take this away from them and change this system.

In regards to puppetmaster DPS, we will be adding new high-tier versions of attachments for automatons in the future, so please hang tight for this adjustment.
    I understand that about wyverns.....but: I was not implying anything like wyverns. What I am suggesting is a job ability that makes the automaton auto-link to me when I hit something. On top of that, the automaton would still be able to be set to fight another target even after it engages something I hit, via /ja Deploy <t>. We can currently do this withn avatars (well, all of the time), so....why not with automatons, and even I guess BST pets?
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This is good, and in fact I find the auto-engaging of avatars quite annoying sometimes and wish it could be toggled. The only time I find it particularly beneficial is when I pop NMs- it's nice so that I don't take a hit before I can do anything since the pet instantly takes it off.

As far as pet commands go, what I WOULD like is a "Stay" command for PUP. BST has this option and since we're talking about BST and PUP in the same breath, maybe we could get a "Stay" command for PUP.

I suppose I could just be spoiled by FFXIV though, where I can even tell my pet to go to a specific location and stay there.
    I would also love a "Stay" command for automatons.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crptaculous View Post
    I understand that about wyverns.....but: I was not implying anything like wyverns. What I am suggesting is a job ability that makes the automaton auto-link to me when I hit something. On top of that, the automaton would still be able to be set to fight another target even after it engages something I hit, via /ja Deploy <t>. We can currently do this withn avatars (well, all of the time), so....why not with automatons, and even I guess BST pets?
    I understood and liked your suggestion, but it feels like most don't seem to follow it, making this change wouldn't take anything away from Pup, only give them another option.
    (1)

Character
    Kyosukerob
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    As someone who's played PUP for far longer than its relevance I'd appreciate it if this wasn't the case. Often I've popped NMs then had to move them to a safe place to duo with my automaton before engaging. I also prefer to have a greater degree of control over my automaton over having it go and make decisions on its own. The requirement for maneuvers to be active to influence the AI annoys me at times but I understand its importance. Maybe if this were in the form of an attachment but I'd imagine that'd be a huge undertaking for the Devs. Do what I tell it, don't do things I don't tell it to do. That's what I look for when I'm PUPing. I'd be demanding something like a JA to make the automaton cast a buff/heal when the appropriate spellcast timers are up long before this.
    (1)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    not that it matters, but i feel like a lot of people replying to this thread didnt even read the original post.

auto engaged was requested as a optional feature we could toggle for those who wanted it. not demanded that all players use it. Any response to not wanting it because in x y z situation is completely irrelevant since it was AN OPTIONAL FEATURE WE COULD TOGGLE.

Since weve already been shut down, it doesnt really matter other than people who didnt read any of the thread continue to comment on it.
    (3)

Character
    Craptaculous
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Thank you Roja. Exactly what seems to be going on, ppl just rad the title thread and then knee-jerk post.

again, for the 5th time: It has been re-proposed to become a stance, such that with the stance up, when you'd engage a target, if the automaton is not currently deployed, it would automatically deploy as soon as you hit the target.

now I again, I will state: With the stance ON, it would NOT <<<<<NNNNOOOOOTTT>>>> change ANYTHING about how you currently play the dang job, no not one freakn bit. I'm sorry but people all hung up on something that isn't even an issue with or without the stance. Because even if you'd engage a target, and the automaton is not deployed, and then becomes deployed via this /ja stance, you could still set the automaton on another target. Or I can leave the target the automaton and I are on and go fight another, and the automaton would stay on the first target, because it's already deployed.
    (4)

I personally like the different behaviors of the different pets, although there are always inconveniences. my bst pet won't engage on its own but will fight any links that attack it, great when solo, but an issue in a party if someone sleeps the add (or if I go back to the old days for nostalgia's sake and lullaby it), easily solved by an attack command back on to the target. My avatar engaging on its own so I don't have to get in harm's way, great unless I'm trying to sneak around without fighting but there's this wonderful option, dismissing the avatar until I'm ready to use it. My auto being single-minded and only attacking what I tell it to, when I tell it to and-to an extent-HOW I tell it to. My wyvern automatically engaging only when I do, and automatically disengaging when I do, with certain preset moves I can always depend on being whatever when I trigger them. I just play the appropriate job for the prey. My only barrier is that some jobs aren't geared as well as others, and except for setting the methods of getting the gear that isn't SE's fault, that's mine.

so, as to pup engaging as soon as I do without an attack command, not really an issue for me. Even with top end gear I'll never be allowed to bring it to anything but a CP party once people know I have a brd, mnk, rng, blm and rdm available. We need to worry about pet numbers before we worry about this so we even have utility-that other players will actually recognize and respect. And that does not seem to be something SE is inclined to fix.
    (1)

Character
    Orcao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think I'd rather see Deploy get the same treatment as Maneuvers, with the removal of JA delay. Maybe that and a 5 second cooldown. A stay command would be neat too, since as-is deploying at 20' can result in the automaton charging into melee if the target is moved. Though maybe the real problem is that the automaton can't last more than 10 seconds in melee range against end game content?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Orcao View Post
    I think I'd rather see Deploy get the same treatment as Maneuvers, with the removal of JA delay. Maybe that and a 5 second cooldown. A stay command would be neat too, since as-is deploying at 20' can result in the automaton charging into melee if the target is moved. Though maybe the real problem is that the automaton can't last more than 10 seconds in melee range against end game content?
    To be completely honest, All the main Pet Jobs should have a Stay command and their Issuing Commands have a shorter cast time. PUP could use it with their WHM and RNG frame when they need it not close, SMN could definitely use it for their Avatar's favor. And it doesn't necessarily need to have a Regen/Resting effect like it does for BST. That could be something exclusive for them, as both SMN and PUP can usually recover from a lose of a pet much easier than BST.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2