Player

spaekona body: fact or fiction?

i know the spaekona body piece says that it converts 2% of elemental magic dmg dealt to mp but what does that really mean? it seems to be very deceptive. i burned about half my mp on a reive and then equipped this body piece. stone was doing about 1000 dmg per spell. 2 % = 20mp according to the wording on the body piece. but i noticed that my mp never went up. spell only cost 4 mp or less, so i should have been getting way more mp than i used. im confused here. SE, when u put something on equipment, u need to say what u mean and mean what u say. because at the level of damage my blm can do, i should never run out of mp. a tier 1 spell should be putting mp back into my pool. can somebody explain this? did SE just flat out lie on a piece of armor? or did they just throw words on it and mean something completely different?
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    It's probably just like the Orison Legs coverts amount cured to mp where it cannot return more than the spell cost.
    (0)

Player
    why put that kind of stat on armor if ur just gonna cap it? i mean, the stat is great for t1 and t2, but anything else and all u get is a free spell when u should get a free spell and then some. doesnt make sense. i think they need to reword it to where it means what they want it to mean
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    it makes a lot of sense to cap it at the spell cost. that still means you have a 0 cost spell. So not using MP is not using MP. If you are not using MP or using very little mp then why would you need it to regain even more tp? that that is what refresh is for.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    it makes a lot of sense to cap it at the spell cost. that still means you have a 0 cost spell. So not using MP is not using MP. If you are not using MP or using very little mp then why would you need it to regain even more tp? that that is what refresh is for.
    I agree with you on the first two statements, for baransu reasons, it makes sense to cap it at 0. And obviously not using MP is not using MP.

But as to your last one..... "Why would you want it to generate MP?"

So you could use other spells that aren't so MP efficient that you want to cast, and then use this to generate more MP, that seems obvious and not an unreasonable expectation to have of such a piece of equipment with that description.

Whether that is overly powerful or imbalanced or what have you now, is open to debate, but, "Why would you need it?" is rather obvious.
    (1)

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Interesting - I've not done any testing on this as yet, but I think it might be interesting. What I have observed so far (non-scientific ;-) ) is that my MP stays high when using -ga spells and drops when I switch to single target. It may be that there is a cap per target?

I'll report back when I get a chance.

Art.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Artharian View Post
    Interesting - I've not done any testing on this as yet, but I think it might be interesting. What I have observed so far (non-scientific ;-) ) is that my MP stays high when using -ga spells and drops when I switch to single target. It may be that there is a cap per target?

I'll report back when I get a chance.

Art.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10286/seidr-cotehardie has been in the game since before adoulin.
    The 2% MP return does cap at spell cost. That is for -ra and -ga spells as well. It just so happens that it is the total damage over all the targets, so having multiple targets to -ga makes it a lot easier to cap out the MP return.

I would like to say when the original item was added something was mentioned in the notes about the cap being = to spell cost, but that may have just been something on the AH or BG forum.

They are both great body pieces to nuke in, simply because instead of doing, let's say 2300dmg for 50mp you'll do 2100dmg for 8mp.

I still cast DoT spells like helix in full damage gear since the cost is low and that's a lot of damage over time to lose out on.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah this would be insane if it gave you mp back. Imagine say casting stonega for 2k dmg on 10 targets and on top of dealing 20k dmg with a fast casting spell you gained almost 400 mp? Now imagine you are riding manawall so all that mp is going into protecting you. You'd be able to aoe any number of targets pretty much as long as they don't have knockback or deal really large amounts of dmg. And probably still have more mp at the end lol
    (0)