Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Great idea worth reposting:
    Quote Originally Posted by crptaculous View Post
    Hello!

First, I would like to mention that I am very happy with the December update to the removal of the animation and /ja delay from "maneuvers". This has greatly improved our DPS potential.

One thing I am noticing (and always have, but it took a backseat to the maneuver issue), is the fact that in large scale content, such as Delve, CP farming, etc, when there are a lot of Damage Dealers, the act of having to engage the pet is still pretty cumbersome in DPS output potential. Since we have to either /ja deploy, and suffer the 3 second delay, and engage target, or engage target then /ja deploy and still suffer from the 3 second /ja delay.

What I would like to request is one of four things:
    1. Something either similar to how Trusts work, such that the Automaton auto-deploys when I engage a target,
    2. A new /ja for the master, that sets the Automaton to an auto-deploy mode that works similar to Trusts battle engage,
    3. An attachment that enables auto-deploy mode that works similar to Trusts battle engage, or
    4. A direct copy/paste of SMN avatars/spirits, such that the automaton engages when the master pulls hate or engages a target (though this one could be a little annoying since the automaton is a bit more...automatic than SMN pets)

Still would want to keep the /ja "deploy" regardless of any of the above ideas, for when we want the automaton on a different target, or we don't want to engage said target.

Removal of the animation and /ja delay from Deploy could be an option, too. But Auto-deploy would be a lot more helpful than that.

Thank you for your time and any consideration.

Have a nice day!
    (0)

2. 12-14-2014 06:42 AM

If they were to add the function for auto-deply I'd want the commands:
    /autodeploy ON
    /autodeploy OFF

From a DPS standpoint, not needing to delay on each mob to send the pet when I'm grinding lots of mobs would be nice to turn on, as needed. In addition, I'm still wishing we had a composure-style-JA we could use to retain our active maneuvers until we use a new one or we/pet dies or we zone but that's wishful thinking at this point.

While I'm still dreaming... I'd also love it if they would add an attachment for making the automaton focus on removing status effects but if I load up a light maneuver my damage gauge will make curing priority over status removal at all times.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jile; 12-14-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I don't see the Deploy command slowing down my game at all really. .
    So you dont mind the fact that in a fast kill party your pet doesnt attack every mob, or if it does you possibly dont attack every mob, and that doesnt slow you down? I am confused by this logic. Thats like saying you dont want autotarget for PC because you dont think it slows you down to have to turn attack back on after every mob. Sure there are situations youd want to turn it off, but there are also a large amount of situations youd want to turn it on.

Everyone pretty much agrees that it would need to be either a JA/Toggle/Attachment to turn it off, the rest of us just want an option to turn it on.
    (3)

5. 12-16-2014 01:01 PM

Character
    Craptaculous
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I appreciate the repost!

I'd like to clarify, about Auto-Deploy, because it seems people think I want Auto-deploy instead of the /ja deploy....but that couldn't be farther from the truth.

first: auto-deploy, as I envision it, would be an addition, not a replacement. You'd still be able to deploy it manually as you wish, and
    secondly: Auto-deploy would not affect the automaton's target you originally put it on.
    third: puppetmaster's auto-deploy would not work like SMN's avatar hate link, such that if you are attacked, the automaton would not engage automatically like avatar's

That being said, I understand one thing, sometimes, you want to, or rather need to, have the automaton disengage from a target (like Hyoscya if it charms someone, and you don't want to feed TP to the NM since you don't want it eating it's charmed player(s) )...

So ya....I guess a job ability to like SAM's Hasso vs Siegan, or WHM Afflatus Solace vs Afflatus Misery, etc etc....

So , ya... of all my ideas I put....I'd lean towards a Job ability (undispellable) that while active, would cause the automaton to Auto-deploy.

Now... I need to think if a good name for the job ability lol...how about call it : Mechanization?
    (0)

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    ...i was just trying to explain why they would be a bad idea. Brd would be okay if the ai wasnt terrible, but geo/cor would be aweful.
    I'm of the opinion that a GEO pet would be fantastic, just not as you imagine it. I think a GEO pet that shared the effects of its attachments based on which maneuvers you have active would be incredible. For instance, if I have Tension Spring and Inhibitor equipped, then I could use a Fire maneuver to not only increase the pet's attack and store TP, but also that of all nearby party members. A GEO style pet of this nature would be interesting, unique to PUP, AND desirable for parties.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3