Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings, and thanks for the feedback.

One idea the development team is looking into is some method to make it so you can lock the weaponskill an automaton uses.

In the future we are planning to add an even higher tier version of the Armor Plate attachment. Additionally, we’ll be making adjustments so that Stormwaker automatons cast protect and shell on themselves.

We’ll be adding new attachments that enhance accuracy. In regards to increasing melee skill through equipment and merit points, but there being no change in attack or accuracy, this is a bug and we will be fixing it in the January version update. Likewise, we will be fixing the current issues with the Attuner and Target Marker attachments in the January version update as well.
    I'm rather curious about the ws lock thing. We can already do this with maneuvers... but that often means choosing between the ws we want and maneuvers that will actually be useful. If there was some easy non maneuver way it would be awesome.

Would be nice if along with armor plate we got a new mana jammer... and of course changed them to mdt
    (2)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The changes to Attuner and Target Marker are inspiring.
    Now we need Barrage Turbine to not delete Wind Maneuvers and the promised increases to elemental caps are promising too; way too many times I've felt limited especially in the Light and Dark attachments on Spiritreaver and Soulsoother
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I personally would worry about a brd or geo or cor pet:

Geo:
    We only get so many maneuvers, and a geo pet would be able to do 1 indi 1 geo, and you could have a max of 16 spells. Chances are the way the AI would work, is you'd throw up a wind, get indi haste and geo slow.

Bard:
    Same as geo honestly, you only get 2 songs at a time, and with the way the ai is setup.

And chances are, with no maneuvers, they'd act like joachim anyways and give 1 refresh + 1 acc half the time, even though you gave double wind and clearly wanted double haste/indi-haste, etc.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They already said even in recent times they aren't even remotely planning to add more automatons/frames/heads, so we can stop worrying about GEO and BRD automatons at least for quite a long while.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I know, i was just trying to explain why they would be a bad idea. Brd would be okay if the ai wasnt terrible, but geo/cor would be aweful.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    I am well aware of what they claim tactical processor does, however, it has yet to parse a significant change in anything other than overload.

You say things like "increase functionality" and "it is unlikely for a massive AI overhaul". Well which is it? I dont see them adding tons of stuff like you said which is why i suggested just 4 simple options that would be hugely helpful.

Fixing things with attachments requires new code to say what the AI should do with a certain attachment is equiped, which really isn't any different than new code that says Buff order > pro -> shell -> haste II when no attachments are equiped. I just would rather not waste attachment slots to control the ai of my pet, when i dont think there is a single situation that you would want your pet stoneskin'ing itself before it haste IIs you.

The thing about 1), is we know we are getting high end attachments, we know that they will specifically targeted for ilevel content, and we can pretty much guarantee they will be ACC related. The issue is, like you said, if we go full + pet gear and food, we get to maybe 75% acc on VE...but whats the masters acc at that point? Is it even worth bringing a pup if their pet cant come close to acc cap?

The question is, with a pup in high end gear so he can hit the mob, whats the pets acc at? If I am at 1.3k + acc with buffs/food, my pet is probably at 50% acc. Ideal would be for when a master is in full acc/dd gear their pet is at 75% acc, and when we go full pet gear the pet is at 90%+ acc.

I know what they said about pets and buffs, but I just dont think they realize that if a player needs 2x songs, food, and full acc gear, then a 5/10/15/25 acc attachment isn't going to take them from 900 acc to the 1200 acc + they need for most events.
    Yeah I never said tactical processor was significantly helpful, but just saying we DO know what it does, in response to your saying we don't.

Increasing functionality and a massive overhaul are not mutually exclusive, most of the code for already available job abilities are already written, copy pasting them for an attachment is different from creating brand new frames/heads/attachment effects etc. I do admit some of my suggested attachments might require a little more work, like cover, but it makes more sense to me to give Automaton more options of managing hate through already available abilities, than to rework how enmity works overall or something difficult like that. Buff order stuff was already mentioned by Camate and wouldn't require an attachment based on what he said. I'm sure when they add Pro/Shell for Automaton self use they will fix spell cast order, but to be honest I don't care for this, I'd much rather stormwaker get Distract/Frazzle than Pro/Shell itself or if they just copy-pasted Koru-Moru's magic casting AI, I'd be happy with that too.

I don't think anyone is arguing we want pet stoneskining itself before Haste II or even stoneskining itself for that matter granted we already have Shock Absorber... so yeah don't know what to say about that...

As far as accuracy goes we are in agreement that it would be nice if pet and master could have high ACC together without having to spam thunder maneuvers and full time pet ACC gear, I was only making the claim the pet CAN hit well, with right gear/food, but of course at the expense of the master at this point.

As far as harlequin goes, suggestions were only to make it useful, by giving it a niche ability, like innate formless strikes on monsters like Tojil, or more MP so you have a pet that can cure itself which also has relatively high HP, with enough earth capacities to tank. I don't think there was anything senseless about wanting all pets to be used/useful if we aren't getting new ones.
    (2)
    Last edited by Nezha; 12-10-2014 at 03:05 PM.

As an additional note for pet jobs, I would like to provide the following information.

The team is currently working towards making it so that pets do not disappear when starting high-tier mission battlefields, Wanted battles, and Voidwatch. They’re hoping to implement this adjustment in the next version update.
    (6)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    As an additional note for pet jobs, I would like to provide the following information.

The team is currently working towards making it so that pets do not disappear when starting high-tier mission battlefields, Wanted battles, and Voidwatch. They’re hoping to implement this adjustment in the next version update.
    Here's hoping this applys to Indi spells. It's mildly annoying (and sometimes MP intensive, depending on the speed you're doing the content) to re-Indi each time a Wanted, VW, or Reive starts.
    (3)
    7/10/14

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Let me add that the loss of Aftermath: level 3, and the resetting of wyvern parameter bonus is pretty annoying too. A lot of unity NM fights are so fast that I can't even spirit link every fight.
    (3)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Even though this is a Puppetmaster thread, I hope they can start extending zoning to Beastmaster jug pets. The job has the most consumable to gil ratio, even with the 20 minute Bestial Loyalty. The game seems to save wyverns, automatons, and avatars pretty well when transitioning areas. I think it's time the same is done for Beastmaster as well, helps still for things such as Skirmish seeing as that will be a continued thing.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast