Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    The harm? Considering with a system like this in place, you could literally level your character from 1-99 in one zone, it opens it up to botting. Also, even if someone legit leveled this way, they would be insanely underskilled and have to make up the time skilling up anyway. The one and only reason I would want a self imposed level sync would be to finally clear those RoE objectives since no one level syncs anymore.
    one place where you could level up to 99 you say?... open to botting you say?... Insanely underskilled?... Why, you're right. That could never work.

**cough cough** Abyssea...
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    The harm? Considering with a system like this in place, you could literally level your character from 1-99 in one zone, it opens it up to botting. Also, even if someone legit leveled this way, they would be insanely underskilled and have to make up the time skilling up anyway. The one and only reason I would want a self imposed level sync would be to finally clear those RoE objectives since no one level syncs anymore.
    I didn't even consider that, I think you bring up a good point.

You have to reach lv30 before you can enter abyssea, so it's not quite the same- You can't even get 1-30 in one zone. I honestly wouldn't object to raising that limit though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-19-2014 at 05:24 AM.

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Can't use trusts or NPC fellow under sync can you? Going to old zones solo would likely be slower trying to accomplish your goals than it would be to use trusts in areas you can use now. While I like the idea overall, I think the downsides would wear off rather quickly for people. Job abilites/spells you've come to rely on may not be accessible anymore, and as we all know synced gear really isn't that good if you want to do something other than leech.
    (0)

Character
    Leylong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Um, all those problems listed already exist and have existed since the advent of Abyssea...

Also, people already sync down to level with lower level newbies and newer characters, so you can't really make the argument of gear being less useful. It's already part of how level-sync works, this would just allow you to sync down on your own without the need of some one at that level. Maybe you would like to go farm sparks and exp in Altepa Desert, well, you could sync yourself down to where you felt comfortable, maybe 45? And have at it.
    (2)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Can't use trusts or NPC fellow under sync can you? Going to old zones solo would likely be slower trying to accomplish your goals than it would be to use trusts in areas you can use now. While I like the idea overall, I think the downsides would wear off rather quickly for people. Job abilites/spells you've come to rely on may not be accessible anymore, and as we all know synced gear really isn't that good if you want to do something other than leech.
    Actually you can use trusts while level synced.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Not to mention you can go 1 to 99 in any adoulin zone. Since we are speaking of leeching, its 100% possible for a 1 to group with a 99 and them to pl them to max level in 1 zone without moving.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not to mention you can go 1 to 99 in any adoulin zone.
    Uh, unless they applied Abyssea style EXP growth to audolin areas, how is the low level person getting any meaningful EXP? The level difference should be reducing the EXP to negligibility.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    At level 1 they get about 100 exp a kill on a kill that would give a level 99 (i118) 2k exp. By 30 they are getting 2-300 per kill, and by 50 they are getting 600+, and by 75 they are getting about 1.5k a kill.

I didnt say it was amazing, just doable. I have leveled all of my mules jobs from 15 to 99 this way.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Uh, unless they applied Abyssea style EXP growth to audolin areas, how is the low level person getting any meaningful EXP? The level difference should be reducing the EXP to negligibility.
    Records of Eminence helps counter that, as well as the amount of EXP scaling doesn't kill EXP enough to make it bad for those levels.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i had posted the same thing months ago, twice, and doesnt seem to wanna happen
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2