Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Leylong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Self-Induced Level Sync.

For quite awhile I've thought of viable ways for Square Enix to get us back into areas that seem dead anymore. Leveling grounds many of us were quite fond of, areas all over Vana'Diel we may have just loved to go to and adventured in.

As it stands, level sync only allows you to sync yourself to the lowest person in your group. Instead, why not simply give you an option to the level you want sync down to and also allow a solo player to level sync by themselves.

This would open up a lot options and variety in being able accumulate eminence sparks, merit points, etc.

I often find myself wishing I had a reason to go to areas like the Altepa Desert and the Jungles outside of Kazham, but as it stands there's no real reason for me to. At least this would allow people to bang and bash on monsters in a place of their choosing which would also probably encourage people to play more, knowing they had a lot more variety in leveling and farming spots.

Please consider this, Square Enix. It could be a breathe of fresh air in a very stagnant experience points system.
    (10)

Character
    Julissa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 20
    Also as an extension to this request let us level sync in "level caped" battlefields that are no longer level caped, eg was doing a cop mission and wanted the person i was with to lvl sync down to my lvl so it wouldnt be a complete zerg but then i found out you couldn't. as such i have done the rest of the cop missions solo with just trusts!
    (1)

Well, if you play Monstrosity you can explore (some of) your favorite playgrounds while getting sparks. Just not merits though.
    (0)

Character
    Leylong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I would very much like some Dev-Feedback on this. I think it would be something really easy to implement that would really freshen up old Vana'Diel. It'd be nice to see people hanging out in areas like Kazham, Norg, Rabao, Selbina, Mhaura even Whitegate once again.

They could add new Eminence Objectives to encourage players to these areas to farm up sparks and such. I just think with minimal planning you could spread players out across Vana'Diel once again, where so many zones are very dead anymore and it would hurt nothing.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't really see the value in this other than the nostalgia factor. But personally, I wouldn't want to add additional risk with no reward to any former-level-cap BC. It's not going to make anyone hang out in new places, either. People gather around the most popular content. A few people going on a retro nostalgia trip isn't going to influence that.

As mentioned above, monstrosity does a good job of that considering there's a huge number of monsters to play with, you can keep going back to old areas many times.
    (0)

I dunno I've thought this would be nice when I was leveling and I just outleveled a spot ... it can be annoying... or when you travel somewhere but it turns out you're too high level to exp there, this would be nice for those (admittedly uncommon times)
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Leylong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Why is there always at least one person who just wants to be argumentative? What HARM could this possibly do? And who said ANYTHING about BC's? This has nothing to do with BC's, only being able to level sync yourself to a desired level so that when you're farming seals, sparks or EXP you can do so by going to different areas, to change up the routine of it all. People do things around areas that have reasons to do them in, not just because it's "closer" to the content. Nothing is "Far away" in today's Vana'Diel. Also, many of us hate the idea of Monstrosity. I don't play FFXI to be one of the monsters on it and to level as one, I find that strangely out of place and boring, to those who do fine, but it's more of just a side quest sort of thing.

This would give a great way for people to get back in old areas and as I said, there should be Eminence objectives for different areas, encouraging people to spread out a bit more. I'm sorry, but I think the wide world of Vana'Diel would feel better if instead of having 500 people in Adoulin and 100 elsewhere it was spread out a bit more.
    (3)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Why is there always at least one person who just wants to be argumentative? What HARM could this possibly do? And who said ANYTHING about BC's? This has nothing to do with BC's, only being able to level sync yourself to a desired level so that when you're farming seals, sparks or EXP you can do so by going to different areas, to change up the routine of it all. People do things around areas that have reasons to do them in, not just because it's "closer" to the content. Nothing is "Far away" in today's Vana'Diel. Also, many of us hate the idea of Monstrosity. I don't play FFXI to be one of the monsters on it and to level as one, I find that strangely out of place and boring, to those who do fine, but it's more of just a side quest sort of thing.

This would give a great way for people to get back in old areas and as I said, there should be Eminence objectives for different areas, encouraging people to spread out a bit more. I'm sorry, but I think the wide world of Vana'Diel would feel better if instead of having 500 people in Adoulin and 100 elsewhere it was spread out a bit more.
    Hear, hear.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Why is there always at least one person who just wants to be argumentative? What HARM could this possibly do?
    Not trying to be argumentative, just sharing my opinion on a forum, one of a forum's primary functions (aside from complaining! ). Why do you have to be so negative about people just sharing their opinions? There's a difference between an argument and a discussion you know.

Only because you asked: The only harm that comes out of it is development time that could be used for something else. But while I dont see much down side, I also don't see much up side either. People have plenty of reasons to go back to old areas, I'm not sure why we need another mechanic to give us an excuse. Besides that, with the relatively low server populations, scattering those people evenly across a lot of huge areas will make it harder to connect people together for content, in my opinion. It worked well when the world was smaller and the population was higher but today I'm not so sure.

I would like to point out that while you apparently hate the idea of an "argument," you pose many questions that can be legitimately replied to. Am I allowed to respond to those questions? Or will I be dismissed as "being argumentative" while you seem to be free to back your suggestion and talk down on someone who comes in to discuss it? You can't post something on a forum and expect only people who like your idea to come forward.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-18-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post

The harm? Considering with a system like this in place, you could literally level your character from 1-99 in one zone, it opens it up to botting. Also, even if someone legit leveled this way, they would be insanely underskilled and have to make up the time skilling up anyway. The one and only reason I would want a self imposed level sync would be to finally clear those RoE objectives since no one level syncs anymore.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast