I'm disappointed that Monstrosity enthusiasts had to find out second-hand that our beloved pastime is low on the priority list.
Look, I can't really say whether Monster Rearing is more popular than Monstrosity because I really don't know. But time and time again, threads have popped up begging for news and updates on Monstrosity.
If the survey answers about that content were marked unsatisfied, it's probably because the content wasn't completed in the way we were told it would be.
Why wasn't this content finished before starting on something new? (It's been what, a year or two since being introduced?) Why is it so low-priority now?
Admittedly, I was excited about Monster Rearing but I quickly stopped doing anything with it. It's just not worth my time when I could be leveling a Mon or grinding CPs or finishing the new missions or whatever.
Of course, many people have remarked that Monstrosity isn't worth the time either due to lack of rewards.
Unlocking species/instincts is a reward enough to me, but I sure wouldn't complain if the content led to garden/town pets, costumes, something for BSTs, and even a way to get merits and CPs.
Because once you hit level 99, there is nothing left to do but grind more Mons and we don't even have the whole bestiary available to us. A few dedicated folks have already grinded through all the available monsters and now don't have anything left to do.
All of us are still holding out for partying, more zones, and our favorite creatures. Anything extra that can be earned, unlocked, bought with infamy or whatever would be icing on the cake.