Thread: Timers on buffs

Character
    Queenserenity
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Timers on buffs

So I see that SE is trying their best to enhance the game especially for us old timers who've been on here 10+. However in the 10 plus years I've been playing I've never known that there are other versions of screens out there that display information differently than the screen I am looking at. I recently was looking up a battle on youtube and came across a player who uploaded a video in which his screen displayed "timers" and recast timers on buffs placed on party members. I've seen that before on other games. I'm wondering is there an option I'm missing on my computer? For those of us who like this I think it would be an awesome addition to have timers on the buffs that we cast so we know that its time to recast. Also I would really like to see stats like "magic attack bonus", "magic defense bonus", "evasion", etc to actually see those values. Right now they are just hidden values that you hope to assume you are stacking up enough but just like all the other values I'd like to see pretty much every value in a menu. Even like critical hit rate values. All these values that are starting to be laid on gear. Double attack values in menus.
    (4)

Character
    Carcer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This game has sorely needed that since it began. As for what you're talking about, it's a third party tool and nobody here in their right mind would answer that question for fear of being banned -- I would suggest asking it in youtube or googling it/reddit'ing it. Some of them are downright neat, as long as you don't cheat. Best of luck to you!
    (0)

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I suspect (without seeing the video in question) that the buff recast and timers display came from a 3rd party add-on (and as such breaks the terms and conditions of playing). I may be wrong, and I'd be delighted to find it was an official option hidden in the config somewhere :-) but I've never found said option.

As for stats some are available using the (relatively) new /checkparam command. Try /checkparam <me> from the command line....

Art.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by QueenSerenity View Post
    So I see that SE is trying their best to enhance the game especially for us old timers who've been on here 10+. However in the 10 plus years I've been playing I've never known that there are other versions of screens out there that display information differently than the screen I am looking at. I recently was looking up a battle on youtube and came across a player who uploaded a video in which his screen displayed "timers" and recast timers on buffs placed on party members. I've seen that before on other games. I'm wondering is there an option I'm missing on my computer? For those of us who like this I think it would be an awesome addition to have timers on the buffs that we cast so we know that its time to recast. Also I would really like to see stats like "magic attack bonus", "magic defense bonus", "evasion", etc to actually see those values. Right now they are just hidden values that you hope to assume you are stacking up enough but just like all the other values I'd like to see pretty much every value in a menu. Even like critical hit rate values. All these values that are starting to be laid on gear. Double attack values in menus.
    They were using Windower.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.